Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

What's your best speeding ticket story?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CL 600
I knew it wasn't goin g to be a speeding ticket story....

When I read "1982 Volvo GL," I knew it wasn't going to be a speeding ticket story...or at least a good one.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Almost a Member!

05'Maybach 57,06'R 500,04'Range RoverHSE,06'cls55
Talking

About two weeks ago I finally got my R500 back from my friend who did a whole custom job(i barely know whats in it!!!!!!!!!!-turbo.nos,the works he called it) on it and was goning down the turnpike when i got a urge so i floor it. The speedo went up so fast that it scared me and I was sucked into my seat, topped over 180!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so amazing, I started to slow down and saw the blue lights and siren. Thank God the cop didn't see me at full speed, got off with 90 on a 65 i think.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
99' SL500, 16' i3, 14' Passat TDI SEL
Originally Posted by MoCL600
When I read "1982 Volvo GL," I knew it wasn't going to be a speeding ticket story...or at least a good one.
next time read the whole story because it involved a Mercedes speeding...does that sound like a speeding ticket story? yeah i thought it did.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 CL 600
"next time read the whole story because it involved a Mercedes speeding...does that sound like a speeding ticket story? yeah i thought it did."

Wow. Easy, Rster. Lighten up. I read the whole post.

I simply was sharing my observation (that I found humorous) that when I began reading the post and saw "1982 Volvo GL," I new the speeding ticket story wasn't going to be about that particular vehicle...and I was correct, as you point in your post. The speeding ticket story was about a Mercedes SL500.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
99' SL500, 16' i3, 14' Passat TDI SEL
its Vasir, not Rster. hehe. no worries. no harm, no foul.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 CL 600
I had a buddy back in the day with a (new at the time) '82 Volvo GL. Despite our best efforts, we never did get a good speeding ticket story out of that car.

I think the "GL" stood for "Good Lord, this car is slow" or "Good Luck getting it over 65 mph" or "Gonna Lose any race with any other car." ....you get the picture.

At least you can peel out in gravel in an old VW hippie-van. Can;t say as much for the Volvo.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Too Close

About 2 months ago in my CLS55 I was on Alligator Alley. This road is one of the best in south florida for speeding and the cops know it too. I had just bought the car four weeks before and was dying to see what it could do. There were no cops or any cars for as far as I could see so I open her up.For about two minutes was doing 180 when in front of me I see a highway patrol car Sh**.Thanks to the brakes got down to 60 in a couple of seconds.He pulls me over and says I dont know what the hell you were doing but it was sure fast than the limit. Gives me a warning because he didnt get my speed.I thank God every day for that.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 CL 600
Now that's a great (didn't get a) speeding ticket story!

No speeding ticket. That's great.

I am imagining the warning: "I am not going to give you a speeding ticket today because you were speeding so fast that I have no idea what speed to put on the speeding ticket...and I am in a good mood and am doing you a big favor. Instead of giving you a ticket for careless and imprudent driving by reason of speeding so fast that I have no idea how fast you actually were going, or guessing at a speed and just putting it in, or writing something indicating that you were speeding faster than any car I have ever seen speeding on a public roadway in my 26 years as a traffic cop, I am just going to warn you to refrain from speeding like that again.....and I mean it. By the way, NICE CAR!"

Now that's a great (didn't get a) speeding ticket story!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Almost a Member!

I think he was too busy looking at my car.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 CL 600
Good thing he was still overcome by awe and the jealously had not yet set in. You may have ended up with a speeding ticket suitable for framing.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
90 in a 35, at 3am, on the main surface street of the city, nobody in sight, alone, in my buddy's Turbo DSM. He's following at the speed limit 1/2 a mile back in another car. I blow by 2 cops who were bull****ting on the side of the road. They chase me, I didn't know, but I had a hunch. The mirrors in the car weren't adjusted and the inside mirror fell off, so I couldn't see behind me. I pulled into a dark parking lot. Parked. Waited. 20 sec later, two cops cars come barreling down the street I turned into and pass my hiding spot. lol. I ran outta the car and bailed out. Then hid at car dealership. my buddy called and was tracking the cops telling me I was int he clear to get back in it and drive opposite. I was about to...when a 3rd cop car showed up. I gave up. I walked back, turned myself in. Two PD's showed up, total of 5-6 cop cars, they were all mad at me hahaha. I didn't even have my license on me, I had forgotten it. Anyway, they wanted to arrest me, tow the car, yaddy yadda, talked with them a bit, told them who I was, who I knew this and that, got a fix it for $10 for not having my license on me. Skills
Old 03-24-2006, 11:57 AM

07 G35 Sport 6MT, 2005 C230K SS (sold), 1998 Jeep GC 4x4 (da-heep!)
Um....

Let me get this straight:

1. You were doing almost 3 times the speed limit
2. You had no license
3. The car you were driving had faulty equipment (broken side mirror)
4. You evaded police

AND THEY LET YOU OFF WITH A WARNING???
Old 03-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 CL 600
That's why he's The Godfather.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
That's why he's The Godfather.
You know!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Going down a two lane back road doing 65-70 in a 45 in an ML trying to keep up with one of my friends in front...we go around this bend in the road and a cop is driving the other way..he turns around, pulls me over, tell em i was doing 54 and gives me a ticket and 2 points...go to court, no lawyer, plead guilty, pay a nominal fine and im free haha.

Doing 70 in a 50 in the ML again...radar goes off cop is about 1/4 mile back...make some turns into a residential area and I get away

The stupidest encounter was driving home at 1am and being pulled over after not signaling a left turn and trying to lose the cop...ended up with no ticket

Most recently...going down a highway / major road (2 lanes each way) on a sunday night at around 7-8 I'm in the SL driving back home with a friend his car...so we decide to make things a little interesting and race (though it was obvious the SL would out beast him)...we punch it in an area with some traffic lights and then hit a big long stretch with no traffic lights...basically I'm doing about 125-130 and the radar goes off...I immediately slow down and he passes me...call him up let him know to take it easy for the night...a min or 2 pass and by this time im in the right lane and he's in the left...and cop pulls right on his back and he moves in to my lane in front of me and the cop gets behind him so that he'z between me and my friend....then the lights go off and im thinking there is no way he's getting caught for speeding when i was going way faster...so i dont wait as i could be ticketed as well...turns out the cop clocked both of us and since he was pulling away from me (I had slowed down due to radar going off and he didnt know yet)...so my friend got 6points for doing 80+ in a 45...he got a little break because at one point it was actually 100+...and the cop told him that if he wasn't pulling away from me, he would have pulled the SL over....basically I got LUCKY AS FU*K but at my friends expense.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:29 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 CL 600
Not a MB, but new good story: Speeding 127 in a 55 while still accelerating

Warning
[/U]
This is a non-MB, motorcycle ticket story. MB connection is that he drives a 2004 S500 as a daily driver... tenuous, but not totally unrelated to the Forum and thread.

FYI - His MB has nothing to do with the speeding ticket story, but the speeding ticket story may be interesting to you. So, if reading this post will cause you to complain to me about a speeding ticket story in which the speeding ticket was not to someone while driving a MB and was on a motorcycle, please stop reading here. If not, great, this story is one to think about.

You have been warned.

It is a great story, though.

The Speeding Ticket Story

A friend of mine, who has a 2004 S500 as his daily driver bought a Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycle as a toy. He is in his 40s', a professional, and an experienced motorcyclist. His current BMW sport touring bike is an RT that he has ridden safely on day trips and organized, several-day motorcycle tours. He is a careful rider and rides by-the-book in a responsible, intelligent, safe, defensive manner. In short, he rides like an adult. I know, because he rides with me and I am a very (overly) careful and conscientious rider with absolutely no desire to ride fast and furious.

He bought this Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycle while at the dealership buying oil and wheel cleaner for his RT. For those unfamiliar with motorcycles, and this one in particular, here are some performance specs and stats that will put things into perspective: The YZF-R1, totally stock, has 183 horsepower, weighs less than 380 lbs., does 0-60 in 3.13 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 10.22 seconds at a speed of 140.15 mph. Total impulse purchase, his first crotch-rocket sport bike.

He had read about the bike in motorcycle magazines, but had never seen one in person. He was at the shop, it was there, shiny and brand new under the fluorescent lights, calling his name, only $11.5K list, very cheap compared to lower performance Italian bikes like Aprilia and Ducati. He bought it. Another toy.

Take note: My buddy routinely buy "toys" in the form of bikes and cars, not infrequently in an impulsive manner as described above. His wife never seems aggravated, upset, angry, or put off in any way. In fact, she often appears genuinely happy to hear on a Sunday afternoon, when we return from a day ride, that he just bought a late 60's muscle car that we "discovered" in the front yard of a rickety house on a two-lane highway on the outskirts of a small, rural town with a "for sale" sign in the window. Its another quarter mile geared 500+ horsepower "almost finished" souped-up-by-a-gearhead-who's-now-broke car. Of course, he "stole it"...got it for nothing ($12k-$20K)....excited like a child....etc... He shared with me - true words of wisdom - The Toy Rule.
The Toy Rule: When a married man buys a toy (such as a car, motorcycle, boat, or other man-toy that his better half doesn't really appreciate) he must promptly buy for his better half a piece of jewelry of equal or greater value to the toy.
Anyway, he gets the bike, has it for a few weeks, rides it around town, and never rides like a maniac racer or a teenager who still feels invincible. He is out riding around town on a Saturday. He turns onto the entrance ramp to a 55 mph highway. It was clear ahead on the ramp and the cars ahead on the highway all were in the right and middle lanes. He told me he just had to experience firsthand some of the crazy power, performance, acceleration and speed he had read about and could feel was going untapped.

He concentrated on the cars ahead of him, "hit it" and "took off like a F-ing rocket." He launched forward and jetted past the end of the entrance ramp across two lane of traffic into the empty left lane, he passed all of the cars, then "let it rip" through all the gears. Sated, he slowed down to the speed limit (55 mph) and headed down the highway.

A few minutes later, he saw a police car with its lights on in front of him on the side of the highway. Then a police car with its lights on came flying up from behind.

Apparently, the car behind him on the entrance ramp was the cop who cam speeding up beside him. The cop said his moving radar was on him on the ramp and that he clocked him up to when he passed the first car ahead in the middle lane and was blocked. He said the highest "fix" he got was 137, but that he knew he was going faster because he was still accelerating when he passed the car. He wrote him a ticket for 137 in a 55, but "did him a favor" by not also writing him a ticket for careless and imprudent driving. Gee, thanks.

This just happened. His court date early in May.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:31 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 CL 600
The title above should be 137 in a 55

The title above should be 137 in a 55. The speeding ticket was for 137/55. Ouch.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Almost a Member!

1987 300E - Modifying
my import years...

Back 2yrs ago i was REALLY into street racing and that whole sceen. I had a 12second 89 Honda Prelude, could rip a Z28 off the line.
ANYWAYS! I was on my way home from the track, about 12am on a friday night. This kid pulled up next to me in a 2002 Acura Integra GSR Turbo (about 400ponies to the wheels). He looked at me and i dropped the clutch and ripped the tires at a 40Mph roll. We took off and flew passed a pair of cops at a convience store, lights came on and i thought "oh ****, im dead in the water..." at this time i was at around 120+mph, flying down SR50, speed limit is 55mph, in FLorida. THe kid in the Integra booked it, i pulled over and was instantly faced with hand guns in my face.
I got out of the car and put my hands on the roof. The cop was looking at my car and asked "i had you at 127mph... can this go that fast?" I luaghed a little and put my forehead on the roof "yeah... 11.87 quarter mile at 118mph, Sir..." He stepped back and told me to relax. I sat in my car sweating bullets as he filled out my ticket... i was sitting there thinking "i need to call my mom and a tow truck... im not gonna drive home..." The police officer came back and handed me a ticket for 35$... "its for a safety harness" he told me... "have a good night..." I didnt want to know what or why i missed a suspended license and/or a night in the slammer.

2 months later ... I was served a Eye Witness notice in the mail to appear in court. Turned out the kid that i was up against tried to run and ended up t-boning someone in an SUV and rolled it. I talked to the cop after the case and he said he let me go becuz i didnt hesitate pulling over and didnt fight at all.

THANK GOD!

Matt

Only time i ever went over 100mph again was at the track...
Old 03-25-2006, 10:00 PM

Warning
[/U]
This is a non-MB, motorcycle ticket story. MB connection is that he drives a 2004 S500 as a daily driver... tenuous, but not totally unrelated to the Forum and thread.

FYI - His MB has nothing to do with the speeding ticket story, but the speeding ticket story may be interesting to you. So, if reading this post will cause you to complain to me about a speeding ticket story in which the speeding ticket was not to someone while driving a MB and was on a motorcycle, please stop reading here. If not, great, this story is one to think about.

You have been warned.

It is a great story, though.

The Speeding Ticket Story

A friend of mine, who has a 2004 S500 as his daily driver bought a Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycle as a toy. He is in his 40s', a professional, and an experienced motorcyclist. His current BMW sport touring bike is an RT that he has ridden safely on day trips and organized, several-day motorcycle tours. He is a careful rider and rides by-the-book in a responsible, intelligent, safe, defensive manner. In short, he rides like an adult. I know, because he rides with me and I am a very (overly) careful and conscientious rider with absolutely no desire to ride fast and furious.

He bought this Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycle while at the dealership buying oil and wheel cleaner for his RT. For those unfamiliar with motorcycles, and this one in particular, here are some performance specs and stats that will put things into perspective: The YZF-R1, totally stock, has 183 horsepower, weighs less than 380 lbs., does 0-60 in 3.13 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 10.22 seconds at a speed of 140.15 mph. Total impulse purchase, his first crotch-rocket sport bike.

He had read about the bike in motorcycle magazines, but had never seen one in person. He was at the shop, it was there, shiny and brand new under the fluorescent lights, calling his name, only $11.5K list, very cheap compared to lower performance Italian bikes like Aprilia and Ducati. He bought it. Another toy.

Take note: My buddy routinely buy "toys" in the form of bikes and cars, not infrequently in an impulsive manner as described above. His wife never seems aggravated, upset, angry, or put off in any way. In fact, she often appears genuinely happy to hear on a Sunday afternoon, when we return from a day ride, that he just bought a late 60's muscle car that we "discovered" in the front yard of a rickety house on a two-lane highway on the outskirts of a small, rural town with a "for sale" sign in the window. Its another quarter mile geared 500+ horsepower "almost finished" souped-up-by-a-gearhead-who's-now-broke car. Of course, he "stole it"...got it for nothing ($12k-$20K)....excited like a child....etc... He shared with me - true words of wisdom - The Toy Rule.
The Toy Rule: When a married man buys a toy (such as a car, motorcycle, boat, or other man-toy that his better half doesn't really appreciate) he must promptly buy for his better half a piece of jewelry of equal or greater value to the toy.
Anyway, he gets the bike, has it for a few weeks, rides it around town, and never rides like a maniac racer or a teenager who still feels invincible. He is out riding around town on a Saturday. He turns onto the entrance ramp to a 55 mph highway. It was clear ahead on the ramp and the cars ahead on the highway all were in the right and middle lanes. He told me he just had to experience firsthand some of the crazy power, performance, acceleration and speed he had read about and could feel was going untapped.

He concentrated on the cars ahead of him, "hit it" and "took off like a F-ing rocket." He launched forward and jetted past the end of the entrance ramp across two lane of traffic into the empty left lane, he passed all of the cars, then "let it rip" through all the gears. Sated, he slowed down to the speed limit (55 mph) and headed down the highway.

A few minutes later, he saw a police car with its lights on in front of him on the side of the highway. Then a police car with its lights on came flying up from behind.

Apparently, the car behind him on the entrance ramp was the cop who cam speeding up beside him. The cop said his moving radar was on him on the ramp and that he clocked him up to when he passed the first car ahead in the middle lane and was blocked. He said the highest "fix" he got was 137, but that he knew he was going faster because he was still accelerating when he passed the car. He wrote him a ticket for 137 in a 55, but "did him a favor" by not also writing him a ticket for careless and imprudent driving. Gee, thanks.

This just happened. His court date early in May.

OUCH!!! Sell the bike!
Old 03-26-2006, 03:42 PM

my ticket story.
i was eating at a local place with some friends and they suggested that i show them my new (now for sale) car. so i say alright but i dont want to do anything too crazy. i was 17 and had no lisence, bought the car without permission, parents didnt know anything. yeeesh
so lets talk about the car.
1987 supra turbo 5 speed. with abouts 550whp lol. fat turbo, big intercooler, 25psi, locking lsd, headwork. there was about 30k into this car. it also had nice **** coilovers and suspension.
so anyways
we get to my car wich i parked at a friends house in front of an elementary school. i get in, start it up, let it warm up a litle. so im sitting there and rev it up a little hit the bov a few times. its kinda loud with the 3 inch straight pipe
so i back it out
and drive down the road, acting chill, turn around and romp on it. its an 11 second car, so im dumping the clutch hitting rubber in all gears just smoking out the street swaying back and forth. i hit the school turnaround at about 65 totally sideways hitting the rev limiter in 3rd and do some nice drifting. then i swing by my buds to see what they thought. after talking for a lil i dump it and start swinging a donut. going through the gears, hit 4th and just standing on it swinging around. finnaly i let off. and park, letting it idle and cool off a bit. while im sitting here talking wiht my friends i look up to see a lady doing the high heel speed walk down the hill next to the elementary. shes probally 500 feet away. so i turn off my car and get out. lock the door. i look up and shes deffently walking towards us. WTF its saturday why does she care i think. well i walk to my friends car to leave and she starts yelling HEY YOU *******!!! STOP RIGHT NOW!!!
so i get in and leave.
we go back to lunch and wait a bit.
then we decide to check the scene of the "crime"
we roll up in a diff car to see a police car sitting across from the supra talking with the lady.
**** i think im really screwed.
so i go home and get a call from my gf saying my car is getting towed.
i go to school the next day and a cop is waiting for me to talk.
i come in and say i was trying to sell my car and let someone elese drive it and the cop is like if you make me do an investigation and you are the culprit i will make sure you find time in custody. so thinking like a kid i think well **** i did it. i tell him that i drove it and told him the lady had to have been exaggerating the story. he says thanks for telling the truth and writes me up for guess what WRECKLESS DRIVING! and the pig didnt even see me in the drivers seat. so i go to my court date and the proc. attorney is a real jerk. hes like it was infront of a school and you could have killed kids. on a saturday? i ask. there was still danger. so he agrees to give me a negligent driving instead of wreckless if i take this 250 dollar 8 hour class. i bite and take the class. remember this is all without my parents knowing anything lol. so i take the class and go to court and get it put on differed findings and pay 300 dollar court fees.
thats my first and only ticket.
not for long
end of story is that parents had a friend read the paper and ask how my court date went and i had to spill the beans about it all. but its for the better.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Unknown300E
Back 2yrs ago i was REALLY into street racing and that whole sceen. I had a 12second 89 Honda Prelude, could rip a Z28 off the line.
ANYWAYS! I was on my way home from the track, about 12am on a friday night. This kid pulled up next to me in a 2002 Acura Integra GSR Turbo (about 400ponies to the wheels). He looked at me and i dropped the clutch and ripped the tires at a 40Mph roll. We took off and flew passed a pair of cops at a convience store, lights came on and i thought "oh ****, im dead in the water..." at this time i was at around 120+mph, flying down SR50, speed limit is 55mph, in FLorida. THe kid in the Integra booked it, i pulled over and was instantly faced with hand guns in my face.
I got out of the car and put my hands on the roof. The cop was looking at my car and asked "i had you at 127mph... can this go that fast?" I luaghed a little and put my forehead on the roof "yeah... 11.87 quarter mile at 118mph, Sir..." He stepped back and told me to relax. I sat in my car sweating bullets as he filled out my ticket... i was sitting there thinking "i need to call my mom and a tow truck... im not gonna drive home..." The police officer came back and handed me a ticket for 35$... "its for a safety harness" he told me... "have a good night..." I didnt want to know what or why i missed a suspended license and/or a night in the slammer.

2 months later ... I was served a Eye Witness notice in the mail to appear in court. Turned out the kid that i was up against tried to run and ended up t-boning someone in an SUV and rolled it. I talked to the cop after the case and he said he let me go becuz i didnt hesitate pulling over and didnt fight at all.

THANK GOD!

Matt

Only time i ever went over 100mph again was at the track...
theres no such thing. the integra's last run was in 01. the rsx came in in 02. however, it is still called the integra everywhere outside north america.
might as well make my first post here an informative one.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Almost a Member!

you never know
Old 03-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Banned

F248 F1
I was speeding with the Benzo Dec 24th 2004, i was comming from Tahoe..on HWY 101 i was doing 145mph...and then i got the feeling that a cop was following me... which their was a cop about a mile behind me ( i could see the headlights) then i slowed down to 80 mph and he kept a distance about a 1/4 mile...as i was approaching my exit at cochrane...he catches up and pulls me over...he didnt site me for speeding-he said that was my Xmas gift and let me go for that
Old 03-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 CL 600
Merry Christmas!
Attached Thumbnails What's your best speeding ticket story?-santa-pulled-over.gif  

Last edited by MoCL600; 03-30-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:32 PM

2006 Lexus GS300, 2007 Lexus GS350
In college in the 70's, I had a 73 Monte Carlo that was the top of the line model. More than that, I believe I had one of those special cars where the assemblers in the factory must have been in a truly great mood that day. Maybe they got a raise the day the car was assembled but it seemed faster it's stated power range and was reliable as heck. It sped very often because the car handled high speeds so effortlessly. There was one stretch where I got 4 speeding tickets going over 100mph within a month. The biggest trip about it.....none appeared on my record. This was the 70's in Oklahoma. You could pay the ticket right there on the spot and cops would take the money. Being a fairly spoiled kid, I always had a pocketful of cash. I offered the cash, it was accepted and I'd be on my way.

I stopped recklessly speeding when one night, I veered into the oncoming traffic lane and had to jerk the wheel back to avoid a high speed head on collision. That caused to spin around in the middle of the road almost falling into a ditch. It was truly a miracle...and my ability to not panic that saved me. Ironically, that car was totalled years later when I was hit by a cop car who was speeding, with sirens blazing but not responding to an emergency. He was just jerking around.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's your best speeding ticket story?