Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

ML55 Vs. E36 M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
ML55 Vs. E36 M3

I was out with a AMG Power member out in long island on the way to a billiards place, I passed a M3(e36) rather quickly, and he decided to match my speed, we pull up to a light, drats no room, we both make a right turn onto a perfect 1/2-3/4 mile strip perfectly straight and good road, I pull ahead to get ahead of all traffic then slow down to 30mph, shift into second and wait, he tries flying by me, I put the hammer down and match his speed, and put 3 car lengths between us. I slow down let him catch up, theres still about a 1/4 mile left, he takes off I again put 3-4 lengths on him. Just a massacre. I thought e36 M3's would be faster than this, well Im happy, it put a grin on my face =)
Old 02-21-2006, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
I was out with a AMG Power member out in long island on the way to a billiards place, I passed a M3(e36) rather quickly, and he decided to match my speed, we pull up to a light, drats no room, we both make a right turn onto a perfect 1/2-3/4 mile strip perfectly straight and good road, I pull ahead to get ahead of all traffic then slow down to 30mph, shift into second and wait, he tries flying by me, I put the hammer down and match his speed, and put 3 car lengths between us. I slow down let him catch up, theres still about a 1/4 mile left, he takes off I again put 3-4 lengths on him. Just a massacre. I thought e36 M3's would be faster than this, well Im happy, it put a grin on my face =)
GOOD KILL!!! My brother!
Old 02-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Nice kill!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt

something isnt right...
(i want to make it perfectly clear; i dont think u r lying)

i used to have an e36 m3, and my dad has a ml55, there is no way a properly driven m3, in stock (not malfunctioning) form will loose to a ml55.

very nice kill
Old 02-22-2006, 01:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Carlsson CD32 E320 CDI Inline-6
High performance car, low performance driver.

Sounds like a classic case of more car than driver. Surprising how many short-shifters there are out there, not to mention other bad techniques. Or the Bimmer was just sick.

Yeah, you could have potentially beaten him, but as fas as a massacre, hmm.

Either way you schooled him. Good work!