Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Killed a Huffy!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Killed a Huffy!!!

So there we were at the park. This guy has his wife on the handle bars and she says, "Do it honey, you can take um",

He is rocking forward and back really aggresively and can hear the gears trying to shift up as he moves.

I just stay looking forward and make no eye contact. Sometimes that gives you the edge as the other guy wonders why you appear so confident.

Don't Walk Sign goes green and BAM he nails it. I see him sturggling out of the corner of my eye and know he went with the wrong gear. The automatic felt so smooth and just hammered away with minimal effort. He was at least 10 lengths back as I looked over my shoulder. We met up at the next interection at the other side of the park and he gave me the thumbs up, although his girlfriend flipped me off.

The New Mercedes-Benz Automatic Bike Posted on February 28, 2006 at 9:50 AM CST

In addition to the host of new Mercedes models making their debut in Geneva this week, another Mercedes has undergone a redesign for the show, but not one many people are familiar with.

If you haven't already guessed it, the newest MB model to benefit from a redesign is the Mercedes-Benz Automatic bike, a bicycle that made it's debut last year and boasted of unrivaled safety and ride quality for its occupants.

For 2006, the latest Mercedes Automatic bike has received a number of new enhancements, a few of which include a Shimano Cyber-Nexus eight-speed gear shift system, an on-board computer that provides the rider with current speed and the engaged gear, and a system that automatically monitors pedal cadence and then chooses the optimal gear ratio automatically.

To improve rider safety, the Mercedes Automatic bike also features an intelligent lighting system with a front and rear light, both of which are activated and deactivated automatically by means of a sensory system.

Pricing in Germany for the bike starts at EUR 1,690 for the basic version (no luggage rack or lighting system), while the fully-equipped version will set you back EUR 1,890.

It all sounds inviting, but I think I'll stick with my Specialized S-Works (if you have to ask you wouldn't understand).

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH presents the Automatic Bike 2006: Safety and comfort - the Automatic Bike

Stuttgart/Geneva , Feb 28, 2006

The new Automatic Bike (model year 2006) features a wealth of technical modifications and a much-enhanced sporty design. With a choice of two equipment lines, it brings a whole new dimension to muscle-powered movement. Most importantly of all, the Automatic Bike is a full four kilograms lighter than last year's model, thus making the ride even more enjoyable – fully in keeping with the Mercedes-Benz tradition.

Equipped with a Shimano "Cyber-Nexus" eight-speed gear shift system and sensor-controlled lights, the bike adapts itself to the current cycling conditions. The central on-board computer mounted on the handlebar stem provides the rider with important information such as the current bike speed and the engaged gear. Furthermore, the computer collates riding parameters such as cadence (pedalling frequency) and bike speed and then selects the optimal gear ratio automatically. As an alternative to automatic mode, the rider can change gear manually using the handlebar-mounted rocker switches.

Another safety and comfort-enhancing feature is the intelligent lighting system consisting of a front and rear light, which are activated and deactivated automatically by means of a sensory system, and also incorporate a parking-light function. Plus the rear light flashes when the bike is being ridden slowly. The Mercedes-Benz Automatic Bike comes with a choice of frame heights – 46 cm or 54 cm – and is available in two equipment lines: the basic version, which does not include the lighting system or luggage rack system, retails at € 1690 whilst the fully-equipped version costs € 1890.

The Mercedes-Benz Automatic Bike is available from authorised Mercedes-Benz dealerships. Sales in Germany start in April. The prices quoted are recommended prices for the German market only and include VAT.

Copyright © 2006, DaimlerChrysler AG
Old 03-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
and he gave me the thumbs up, although his girlfriend flipped me off.
You should've given his gf a flying kiss...LOL
Old 03-01-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 G35 Sport 6MT, 2005 C230K SS (sold), 1998 Jeep GC 4x4 (da-heep!)
S-Works! Nice.

Little bit outta my range. Running an FSRXc myself.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4
What no AMG model...lol
Old 03-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
AMG model is supposedly going to have 50 speeds, and power steering, and hill start assist, hill descent control, and in cases where you are not strong enough, an electric motor assist.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
you should do the burnout when his girlfriend flipped you off.........
Old 03-01-2006, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by AsianML
AMG model is supposedly going to have 50 speeds, and power steering, and hill start assist, hill descent control, and in cases where you are not strong enough, an electric motor assist.
don't forget the HID light too.......