Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Almost a kill story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Beater
Almost a kill story

My woman went out early this morning and I was bored so I decided to take my C55 out on a drive down the PCH. As I was approaching Newport Beach, I saw a very distinctive outline of a new Porsche Cayenne Turbo and it was gaining up on me. About two car length away, I punched it and took off. It was annoying because the Ceyenne was on my *** the whole time. As we appraoched the light, I saw a very familiar face and it was "Woman" test driving a Ceyenne Turbo. She revved the engine and I saw this big smile on the saleman's face. She turned around and told the salesman "Oh, that is my husband." I think I am in deep **** because it is going to put a big dent in our finances. I recently started a company and the cash flow is pretty tight around this time of the year. Even though my woman is the provider of the household at this moment, what should I do and how should I tell her that it is better if we put off the purchase? She is pretty sold on the Ceyenne Turbo. She is a compulsive buyer and I am more of a thinker but I can't really say anything because she is putting food on the table at this moment. What would you do if you were me?

Old 05-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by XPRO.US
My woman went out early this morning and I was bored so I decided to take my C55 out on a drive down the PCH. As I was approaching Newport Beach, I saw a very distinctive outline of a new Porsche Cayenne Turbo and it was gaining up on me. About two car length away, I punched it and took off. It was annoying because the Ceyenne was on my *** the whole time. As we appraoched the light, I saw a very familiar face and it was "Woman" test driving a Ceyenne Turbo. She revved the engine and I saw this big smile on the saleman's face. She turned around and told the salesman "Oh, that is my husband." I think I am in deep **** because it is going to put a big dent in our finances. I recently started a company and the cash flow is pretty tight around this time of the year. Even though my woman is the provider of the household at this moment, what should I do and how should I tell her that it is better if we put off the purchase? She is pretty sold on the Ceyenne Turbo. She is a compulsive buyer and I am more of a thinker but I can't really say anything because she is putting food on the table at this moment. What would you do if you were me?

Old 05-01-2006, 12:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E400 CAB 2007 BMW 650i CONV
I think she gets the Cayenne Turbo .. and you might get to keep the C55 ..
Old 05-01-2006, 03:16 AM

A Beater
Wow, thanks guys.. It's almost like I never asked for advice in the first place...
Old 05-01-2006, 05:48 AM

a TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
Wow, thanks guys.. It's almost like I never asked for advice in the first place...
lol...Just be straight up and tell her that your low on cash...Or sell your C55 and tell her that you just "got tired" of it or something...Or convince her somehow and someway that the Cayenne has a lot of "cons" to it, i.e. gas guzzler. Gas prices are really high, especially in Orange County. Um, the Cayenne is obviously an expensive, heavy car that requires more frequent tire changes. It has a horrible electrical system, faulty maintenance, ill-prepared mechanics, wind noise, automatic-transmission hesitation, and mechanical insufficiencies. Or...you can just make up *****...
Old 05-01-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's hard to ague with the woman who puts bacon on the table. Sometimes you have to let things get tough before they can get better. Let her get the car then see how tough it can really get. Dont tell her "I told you so." Just let her see for herself.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Used S600's and E55's down into the 50's and 60's. Buh bye Mr Cayenne....er ehhhh Mrs Cayenne. You'll never get sex again...BUT STILL!!!

Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 AM

A Beater
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Used S600's and E55's down into the 50's and 60's. Buh bye Mr Cayenne....er ehhhh Mrs Cayenne. You'll never get sex again...BUT STILL!!!

She has those effects on men when they see her in the mall, at the dealership, in the car, or on the street. It is pretty bad when I am sleeping in the car with the seat reclined and guys trying to flirt with her on the road driving like a jackass. Service advisors in the mercedes dealership always flock to her when she brings our cars to service while I have to wait in line when I take them in. I know I can't stop her from buying that car but it really helped a lot when I found a pre-owned Ceyenne Turbo with 14k miles for $77k. I should of never told her how much I love porsches. I hope she buys the car for her not for us. You know how the story goes, I probably start driving it after a week. Stay away from her JAKPRO, STAY AWAY.....

Now I know why my STi has to go...

Last edited by XPRO.US; 05-01-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:24 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Let her buy it and count your blessings. It probably won't hurt your business in the long run...just create a short term "pucker up" on your part. I feel for you...I go through this crap regularly with my wife...except with her it's diamonds and jewelry plus she cant go by a F@#$ing Louis Viton store with out dropping $2~$3K. My wife is my business partner and does not produce a second income. Consider yourself lucky.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:04 PM

A Beater
"Woman" ended up buying the Cayenne Turbo S and surprised me when she placed an order for the M5. I guess there is really no point in stopping Women in general when their mind is set. Glad I didn't say anything because she ended up buying the cars from a small portion of her last year's 35% return on her portfolio. I asked her how come I knew nothing about her portfolio and she said, "It wouldn't be a surprise now if you knew about it dear." I guess I am pretty lucky to have a "Woman" that pulls in the dough doing what she does the best "Stock Market". While I am pissing so much money away on mine that I had to stop trading stocks before her and I got married.

Last edited by XPRO.US; 05-14-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
"Woman" ended up buying the Cayenne Turbo S and surprised me when she placed an order for the M5. I guess there is really no point in stopping Women in general when their mind is set. Glad I didn't say anything because she ended up buying the cars from a small portion of her last year's 35% return on her portfolio. I asked her how come I knew nothing about her portfolio and she said, "It wouldn't be a surprise now if you knew about it dear." I guess I am pretty lucky to have a "Woman" that pulls in the dough doing what she does the best "Stock Market". While I am pissing so much money away on mine that I had to stop trading stocks before her and I got married.

but you sound like a pretty lucky guy

Enjoy the Cayenne Turbo S and the M5. In the meantime, cConcentrate on your business so that one day you can return the favor. I'm sure you know this already...
Old 06-10-2006, 12:37 AM

C63 / ////AMG
Had to chime in here...

True, the Cayenne is a gas guzzler, but so is the C55...

Tires changes are actually about the same so far. I changed the C55 tires at 10k miles, the Cayenne TT's about 11k miles, so....

My Cayenne TT runs great - slight truth to the tranny hesitation, but I still love it...

Hope ur wife got the Cayenne!

Originally Posted by battlecat714
lol...Just be straight up and tell her that your low on cash...Or sell your C55 and tell her that you just "got tired" of it or something...Or convince her somehow and someway that the Cayenne has a lot of "cons" to it, i.e. gas guzzler. Gas prices are really high, especially in Orange County. Um, the Cayenne is obviously an expensive, heavy car that requires more frequent tire changes. It has a horrible electrical system, faulty maintenance, ill-prepared mechanics, wind noise, automatic-transmission hesitation, and mechanical insufficiencies. Or...you can just make up *****...
Old 06-10-2006, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
WTF....I thought this was going to be a kill story!? Did you at least race her? This sucks.
"woman" went out to test drive a car and didn't even tell you?? Thats messed up right there. What kind of relationship is that? If it was my girl we would've gone to the dealership together.

This story reaks of

next time post this crap in the OT section.