Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK430 vs. C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Well to my knowledge the C43 has different cams, airbox, and exhaust (maybe headers as well). CLK430 has 275hp/295tq and the C43 has 302hp/302tq according to edmunds.com Now with the mods I have I would assume it would put me over 300hp/300tq quite easily. The ECU tuning by itself claims to bump hp to 300hp. Although renntech claims that the ECU tune as in combination with the ECU only produces 298hp/321tq. Just for fun I checked the results for the same mods (renntech airbox and ECU) on a C43 and it amazingly adds a claimed 25hp/32tq! Now I know real life results rarely produce the claimed results but I assume the other mods put me over 300. I heard that the bigger airbox does produce alot of power but all this stuff is just word of mouth until I see a dyno. Ive heard good and bad things about Eisenmann exhaust in term sof performance. I believe they claim a 10-15% increase in hp for the race version of the exhaust. I have heard stories that it actually reduces power. All I know is it sounds DAMN good! The evilsport wires and plugs just felt like it gave me slightly better esponse, not really any mor epulling power (according to the seat of my pants test). Another thing that could have given me the edge is that my front end has been lightened a little bit. Fiberglass front bumper and fenders as well as a carbon fiber hood.
Sounds like the only way to put this to rest is for a trip to the Dyno so all the "claims" from the manufacturers can be put to the test.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Originally Posted by C43AMG
Being an American ANYTHING makes you better than a fresh off the boat something.I sure hope you're not an illegal immigrant protesting about your "right" to be here.
This is a more derogatory and insulting comment than anything else in this thread. Consider it reported.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:45 PM

A Beater
Nola, this is a misunderstanding... I do apologize to blackbenz for being harsh on him because I misunderstood his demeanor.. Let's stop everything now. Can't we all just get along?
Old 05-09-2006, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
Well to my knowledge the C43 has different cams, airbox, and exhaust (maybe headers as well). CLK430 has 275hp/295tq and the C43 has 302hp/302tq according to edmunds.com Now with the mods I have I would assume it would put me over 300hp/300tq quite easily. The ECU tuning by itself claims to bump hp to 300hp. Although renntech claims that the ECU tune as in combination with the ECU only produces 298hp/321tq. Just for fun I checked the results for the same mods (renntech airbox and ECU) on a C43 and it amazingly adds a claimed 25hp/32tq! Now I know real life results rarely produce the claimed results but I assume the other mods put me over 300. I heard that the bigger airbox does produce alot of power but all this stuff is just word of mouth until I see a dyno. Ive heard good and bad things about Eisenmann exhaust in term sof performance. I believe they claim a 10-15% increase in hp for the race version of the exhaust. I have heard stories that it actually reduces power. All I know is it sounds DAMN good! The evilsport wires and plugs just felt like it gave me slightly better esponse, not really any mor epulling power (according to the seat of my pants test). Another thing that could have given me the edge is that my front end has been lightened a little bit. Fiberglass front bumper and fenders as well as a carbon fiber hood.
sounds like you have yourself a fast CLK.....I don't doubt renntech's claims...they actually do dyno their test cars. There has been a lot of discussion on the C36/43 forum about exhaust options, and many folks seem to think the '43 won't see an improvement there. However, I believe that speedybenz may have settled on a configuration that did yield something....so anything is possible. Don't know how relevant this discussion is to the CLK430, but it is more or less the same engine. Either way, w/ chip, airbox, exhaust, and some professional engineering (experimentation, R&D) to back it up, I would suspect that you may have added something in excess of the 3-5 HP I mentioned previously....does it feel any better than stock? 321 lb of torque should feel significantly different from stock....

Last edited by FLYNAVY; 05-09-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by XPRO.US
Nola, this is a misunderstanding... I do apologize to blackbenz for being harsh on him because I misunderstood his demeanor.. Let's stop everything now. Can't we all just get along?
Apology accepted and I agree. Lets just get along.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY
sounds like you have yourself a fast CLK.....I don't doubt renntech's claims...they actually do dyno their test cars. There has been a lot of discussion on the C36/43 forum about exhaust options, and many folks seem to think the '43 won't see an improvement there. However, I believe that speedybenz may have settled on a configuration that did yield something....so anything is possible. Don't know how relevant this discussion is to the CLK430, but it is more or less the same engine. Either way, w/ chip, airbox, exhaust, and some professional engineering (experimentation, R&D) to back it up, I would suspect that you may have added something in excess of the 3-5 HP I mentioned previously....does it feel any better than stock? 321 lb of torque should feel significantly different from stock....
It is definitely faster than stock. I tracked it last year without the light stuff (hood and fenders), bald tires on 19's, and the intake hose runners had fallen off and turned a 13.9 at 101mph as my best time. Some mags report a stock clk430 doing the 1/4 in 14.5 I will try and go to the track again now that everything is fixed, i have new tires and car is a little bit lighter. Now my buddy lowphat who posted up top, he's got a fast CLK430! My times felt really slow since we had rented out the track and there were a bunch of modded 211 E55's, an SL65, renntech C32, kleemann CLS55, new M5, and several other badass cars there. I will be setting up another track day as soon as I get situated at my new job and I'll have a new post with results but it wont be for a while.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Nola
This is a more derogatory and insulting comment than anything else in this thread. Consider it reported.

Why that level of arrogance? (Since when does your birthplace or your nationality automatically make you better than the next person on this planet?)

And insinuating that he is/was an illegal immigrant was totally uncalled for. Where in this thread did you find any illegal immigrant protesting his "right to be here"?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 E55
Over Three Months Late

I finally came across this thread randomly. I am the "FOB" Iranian with the C43 (except I was born and raised here). We were on Great Seneca Hwy, right? Funny how I don't remember giving you any dirty looks. I do remember letting up on the gas when you pull away though (you left that out of your story). I caught up to you later because I wanted to give you a thumbs up for a nice looking car and because I enjoyed the run. I'm sorry you got offended by that.

Either way, not a big deal. You have a nice car (except for the funky hood - looks a bit honda-ish). I sold my C43 a couple weeks ago. They're nice cars, but drive very heavy and a bit slow for the amount of power they put out.

By the way, do you live in the Kentlands? There's a guy down the street from me with a nice black CLK 430.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by azimibaha1
I finally came across this thread randomly. I am the "FOB" Iranian with the C43 (except I was born and raised here). We were on Great Seneca Hwy, right? Funny how I don't remember giving you any dirty looks. I do remember letting up on the gas when you pull away though (you left that out of your story). I caught up to you later because I wanted to give you a thumbs up for a nice looking car and because I enjoyed the run. I'm sorry you got offended by that.

Either way, not a big deal. You have a nice car (except for the funky hood - looks a bit honda-ish). I sold my C43 a couple weeks ago. They're nice cars, but drive very heavy and a bit slow for the amount of power they put out.

By the way, do you live in the Kentlands? There's a guy down the street from me with a nice black CLK 430.
**** this is going to get interesting.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy

Wait, I dont understand what you're trying to say. Did I not beat you? When someone pulls up to the light with persian music BLASTING and keeps lookin over at me I consider that someone ready to race. ESPECIALLY when they jump when the left turn signal turns green. And from what I remember you did a U turn to come to the same light as me! I thought you were a fob based on what I saw. I'm sorry but you fit the stereotype. In terms of the "funky" hood, its carbon fiber. I've had it partially painted since you last saw it. I've also put on new rims, and a new kit with a c/f rear diffuser. It is a show car, which is why I was surprised it beat a C43. Its even faster now than it was when I ran you. I did mention the thumbs up which I thought was cool of you to do. I would have done the same had I lost. No I dont live in the Kentlands. What are you driving now?

Last edited by blackbenzz; 08-30-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:48 AM

03 E55
Re:

"Persian music BLASTING" and looking at someone's car does not equal "I want to race." I thought it would be fun to run with you, but like others have said, do you really think that your airbox and exhaust was enough to beat a C43? And I love how you are a persian guy with a "hooked up" car that has rims, hoods, exhausts, intakes, etc and I am the one who fits the "stereotype" you speak of. Not to mention the fact that your seat was reclined so far back that you were driving from your back seat and only the top of your head could be seen from outside. And lastly, neither car is really that fast anyways. The best 0-60 figure i've seen on the C43 is 5.9 sec. That is pretty slow by today's AMG and other sports car standards. So I don't think you should be so proud.

I'm just having some fun pal. It was hilarious to see this post last night and read everyone's comments. I figured I would throw in some of my thoughts. I'm not upset, nor do I care to **** you off. Hopefully, you're just having fun with this too. I think you have a nice looking car. Yes, you did BEAT me that day, but you should know that it was because I let up. Maybe I was a chicken ****, maybe I don't know how to drive an automatic.

I am currently driving my old, STOCK Honda. I work downtown and like the gas mileage (yes, I'm cheap). Don't know what the next car will be just yet, but I definetely enjoyed the C43.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I do remember letting up on the gas when you pull away though (you left that out of your story).
After I pulled away you let up (your own words), therefore you had already lost! I wish you still had your C43 so I could smoke you again. My friend has a 210 E55 and he barely walks me. I know all about fast cars (I've been to the track plenty of times and I know what fast is) and I dont claim my car is fast, but its faster than yours. Did you sell your car cuz you lost to a CLK430?
"Persian music BLASTING" and looking at someone's car does not equal "I want to race."
No, that means you're a fob. Doing a U turn to line up with my car at the light and then jumping when the left turn signal goes green, means you want to race!
do you really think that your airbox and exhaust was enough to beat a C43?
Yes. Thats not all I have done to it but yea I will take a stock C43.
I am the one who fits the "stereotype" you speak of. Not to mention the fact that your seat was reclined so far back that you were driving from your back seat and only the top of your head could be seen from outside.
First off, nobody ever thinks I'm persian when they see/meet me. Secondly I'm 6 feet tall so I doubt just the top of my head was showing. I put my seat back far enough so that my knees dont touch the steering wheel, thats all. When I said you fit the stereotype I meant the way YOU look and the way YOU act, not your car. The music wasnt big enough clue? What about the staring problem? What about the hey look, maybe i can beat that car in my AMG so lets do a U turn and race him and then pretend like i wasnt racing.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:39 AM

03 E55
Re:

Just to keep this entertaining....

You're obviously upset. You made some observations about my music and the way I look at people. I made an observation about the way you sit in your car and ghetto-fy your Mercedes. Maybe this will be a lesson for you to stop making silly assumptions about others.

You're right. I look and act like a Persian. That is probably because I am one, whether I was born in the States or not. Maybe you should get a sweet decal for your car that says "Don't mistake me for a Persian." I'm sure your parents would be very proud of you. It might even give you 2-3 hp.

You beat me that day, buddy. I don't remember doing a U-turn and I don't remember getting upset about losing to you. And I def. did not go at the pedal all the way. Of course, I could be lying about all of this.

This is turning into a who can one-up the other guy on this message board. I really don't care about you, your car, your nationality, or the "race" that took place. For all I care, you are an All-American guy with the nicest CLK430 in Maryland. Good luck to you.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
You sure do talk alot online. Next time you see me please get my attention like you did last time (cuz I dont remember what you look like and wont look twice at your honda) and say some of these things to my face. You're local so we should run into each other sooner or later. I am persian but I got rid of all the aspects I didnt like in the fob culture. I am proud to be persian but am ashamed when people such as yourself give the rest of us persian americans a bad name. I dont see how my car is fob but thats your opinion and you're entitled to it. Look forward to seeing you around.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:05 AM

03 E55
Re:

I am not interested enough in any of the topics we've discussed to fight you or anyone (I'm probably too old as well). I honestly thought this was a fun exchange of words. You are probably a decent guy and we may even have a mutual friend or two. I apologize for offending you and hope there are no hard feelings.

I don't remember what you look like either. If you recognize me and want to say hello, you are more than welcome to do so. Have a nice day.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Well this is interesting. I think the first time I've ever seen a live response to a kill story.

Blackbenz, relax. I'd be interested to learn more about your mods, in terms of costs, who installed them, etc, as I'm interested in modest projects for 430 engine.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
ok cool. Apology accepted. I organize alot of benz/euro meets in the area so let me know if you would like to participate.

Rbrenton- All the engine mods were installed by me. Not much going on under there though. I have a renntech airbox with green filters, evosport ignitiion upgrade (fancy way of saying plugs and wires), ECU tune, and Eisenmann race exhaust. The car is a little lighter due to fiberglass bumpers and fenders in addition to the carbon fiber hood. Were you at AMGfest this past weekend? I was there, the car looks different than my sig cuz the hood is partially painted and new bumpers are on it. If there are any local C43 owners I'd like to do a run and see how my car fares against a stock one. Come to think of it, I know a guy and I'll see if he wants to do a few friendly runs, maybe get it on tape for the nonbelievers.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
ok cool. Apology accepted. I organize alot of benz/euro meets in the area so let me know if you would like to participate.

Rbrenton- All the engine mods were installed by me. Not much going on under there though. I have a renntech airbox with green filters, evosport ignitiion upgrade (fancy way of saying plugs and wires), ECU tune, and Eisenmann race exhaust. The car is a little lighter due to fiberglass bumpers and fenders in addition to the carbon fiber hood. Were you at AMGfest this past weekend? I was there, the car looks different than my sig cuz the hood is partially painted and new bumpers are on it. If there are any local C43 owners I'd like to do a run and see how my car fares against a stock one. Come to think of it, I know a guy and I'll see if he wants to do a few friendly runs, maybe get it on tape for the nonbelievers.
I was at the AutoX event only. Maybe I did see you. How did you do the ECU tune? And what did that cost?
Old 08-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by RBrenton
I was at the AutoX event only. Maybe I did see you. How did you do the ECU tune? And what did that cost?
Well I had Speedtuning do it. Cost 250 through a group buy I put together. The car runs rich though. If you want the discount just tell him (Oliver) that I sent you for the benz group buy and he should hook it up. I hear great things about powerchip and have seen dyno's to prove it so I think you should go with Powerchip if you have the spare $$$.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
I'm totally flipping out right now, a kill story on another forum member!

Old 08-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I'm totally flipping out right now, a kill story on another forum member!

You should definitely take a day off and come to the track day, its gonna be INSANE!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
I thought azimibaha handed himself rather well in the face of severe provocation.

I have a sneaky suspicion my stock M3 would prove more than a match for Blackbenz's 430, and you've got 1.3litres of displacement and a couple of extra cylinders to work on before i'm in the Maryland area (hopefully before the end of the year.)
Old 08-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by transferred
I thought azimibaha handed himself rather well in the face of severe provocation.

I have a sneaky suspicion my stock M3 would prove more than a match for Blackbenz's 430, and you've got 1.3litres of displacement and a couple of extra cylinders to work on before i'm in the Maryland area (hopefully before the end of the year.)
I never said my 430 is fast. Like I said before, its a SHOW car! And i've won plenty of trophies with it. I'm just saying I can beat a stock C43. If you want to race me you're gonna have to come with something alot faster than a stock M3. I wont be driving the 430 when I race you either. Just let me know when you're out here and we can arrange something. I post a kill and now you want to race me

Last edited by blackbenzz; 08-30-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by transferred
Agree. I doubt that I would have been as forgiving. Sounds to me like BlackBenz is lucky that the guy he was slurring was not some psycho who, instead of sanely and intelligently replying on this forum, decided to follow BlackBenz home one day and put a bullet in him.

As a side note: Racial slurs are never a good idea, and are especially ugly on a public forum. I can only guess how many Persians or other persons who recently arrived to this country read the original post and took offense. It offended me, and I am not even a member of the group insulted.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
I'll PM you if I i'm in the area. However, if you have anything faster than the 430 then i'll need to borrow someone's E55!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK430 vs. C43