Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 VS. C6 and Mustang

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by Thericker
Rich you are constantly raising the bar man! Your going to be a hard act to follow but I will try...
Please post a rwhp dyno on that mean bast*ard
Sean, I just picked up the car this evening from Andy's shop, more tuning will resume on Monday, Charlie did say he can squeeze a little bit more out of her, the D1SC is a freaken ANIMAL!!! Bro, I heard from Andy today your car is scheduled to come in for the POWER ADDER soon, I saw your name on the board...that's AWESOME!!!

I'll see you at Andy's Party.

Here's my previous run with the P1SC vs the D1SC & LPE stage II heads
Old 05-26-2006, 06:05 AM

C32
I'm down with my cop car. pm me phone number and details.

I will ever let you guys go over 100+mph and then i do a catch up.

Oops, remember to let me write down you guys plate numbers before the run just in case if i can't catch up you guys and i can call back up and set up some nice road blocks for you guys!

Oh if you guys bring out your cars on the track then please don't count me in. There's nothing i can do on the track.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
You're in Vancouver.... you cannot write tickets in SoCal... LOL

Anyway, TheRicker is back....

So, any schedules set up for "racing" down the canyon w/ XPRO.US? Would be interested in seeing the results....
Old 05-26-2006, 05:22 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Richard023
CLS55 (stock or modded) are a dime a dozen here in So Cal and I've had my share of runs with them, not one could blow my Vette off the road!!!
well, since you're not playing fair (715rwhp procharged C6 is not exactly a fair race against a CLS55, even modded) i have a nice supra that would love to race you...hehe
Old 05-26-2006, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by zoink
You're in Vancouver.... you cannot write tickets in SoCal... LOL

Anyway, TheRicker is back....

So, any schedules set up for "racing" down the canyon w/ XPRO.US? Would be interested in seeing the results....
I pm'd him my # but it looks like he just lost his license in the other thread regardless I offered anyone here to some friendly roll-ons (even Bulwinkle the Mountie from up North) ----Nobodys replied back or made any effort to contact me I guess there all afraid of being beaten buy a lowly Chevy
Old 05-26-2006, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL... I also read it.... but who knows?

I ran my W210 E55 against my friend's C6 M6.... we're dead even.... but I don't think he was used to the trans yet (I got 1sec slower on C4S for 1/4 than what mags said ) .... given C55 is only slightly faster than C6, w/ a good driver or auto, C6 is certainly the winner.... lighter, bigger hp... no contest.

I think straight line... C6 should compete w/ stock W211 E55 or SLK55 (IMO, SLK55 should be a close race w/ C6).
Old 05-26-2006, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thanks for the support Zoink, everybody else seems pretty down on the C6

LOL... I also read it.... but who knows?

I ran my W210 E55 against my friend's C6 M6.... we're dead even.... but I don't think he was used to the trans yet (I got 1sec slower on C4S for 1/4 than what mags said ) .... given C55 is only slightly faster than C6, w/ a good driver or auto, C6 is certainly the winner.... lighter, bigger hp... no contest.

I think straight line... C6 should compete w/ stock W211 E55 or SLK55 (IMO, SLK55 should be a close race w/ C6).
I wouldn't be so Gungho! but I raced and beat E55cent (Mario) 210 E55 w/SuperCharger by 1.5 carlengths from 0-100 then about 1.5-2 lengths on a freeway roll from about 75-120mph.

Mind you I tried 1st race w/out traction control, and just spun my tires nearly turning myself a 180 deg. He took me on that run I had no traction.

Then I left traction cntrl on and walked him each time.

So If you compare Marios lighter 210 only 3680lbs & his RWHP-375 RWTO-380 he is as fast as a new 211 easily.

Mario, Told me after the meet in Ventura last weekend he raced and beat Brandons C55 & a brand new 211 E55 0-85 mph they caught it on VIDEO! I'm waiting to see this

So you see now why I have so much confidence in this new Vette besides the seat of the pants quickness of this car, Beating Mario's car put it into perspective his cars brutally FAST...

Last edited by Thericker; 05-26-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
well, since you're not playing fair (715rwhp procharged C6 is not exactly a fair race against a CLS55, even modded) i have a nice supra that would love to race you...hehe
Let me know when you & your Supra are in the So Cal area, I'll gladly take you up on the offer! Otherwise, my local Corvette club will join Xtreme Corvette Club of Texas on Oct. 14 at the Texas Motorplex for the "Fastest Street Vette in Texas Shootout and Car Show"....stop by with your Supra or C32 for some fun. Also, a buddy of mine runs a performance shop in Houston; Motorsport Technologies Inc. (MTI)...Texas is HP country, lots of baddazz ridez!!!

BTW: Didn't intend to hijack your thread, but noobs posting blanket statements like "I bet I could blow a vette off the road"....
Old 05-28-2006, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Out of the box, a Z51 can pull .96-.98 by magazine standards. At Spring Mountain most of my group were pulling over 1G running Goodyear F1 EMT runcraps, I pulled 1.2G on PS2s and instructors with Sport Cup could easily pull 1.38-1.4Gs...this is a C6 Z51 and not a C6Z06!

My C6 approx. lb per bhp = 3, Bilstein Sports, Hotchkis bars, and PS2s I'm a worthy opponent...LET'S RUN!!!

Incidentally, my Hoosier R6 slicks just arrived and I had them custom groove for moderate street use...sticks like a MF'ker.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
I wouldn't be so Gungho! but I raced and beat E55cent (Mario) 210 E55 w/SuperCharger by 1.5 carlengths from 0-100 then about 1.5-2 lengths on a freeway roll from about 75-120mph.

Mind you I tried 1st race w/out traction control, and just spun my tires nearly turning myself a 180 deg. He took me on that run I had no traction.

Then I left traction cntrl on and walked him each time.

So If you compare Marios lighter 210 only 3680lbs & his RWHP-375 RWTO-380 he is as fast as a new 211 easily.

Mario, Told me after the meet in Ventura last weekend he raced and beat Brandons C55 & a brand new 211 E55 0-85 mph they caught it on VIDEO! I'm waiting to see this

So you see now why I have so much confidence in this new Vette besides the seat of the pants quickness of this car, Beating Mario's car put it into perspective his cars brutally FAST...

Wait, now you are claiming that a stock C6 (an automatic C6, no less) can run a 2003-2006 supercharged E55???

HaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaa

You're dreamin, dude.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Vomit
Wait, now you are claiming that a stock C6 (an automatic C6, no less) can run a 2003-2006 supercharged E55???

HaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaa

You're dreamin, dude.
Ahhh Vomit, Vomit, Vomit, All I said if you re-read my post is I beat my friends SuperCharged 210 E55 which weighs a lot less than the current 211, And He beat both C55, and new E55komp w/his little 210! & I beat him So......Draw whatever smart *** remarks you want

I never said I could beat the E55 I just reported what I heard from my friend's race and compared the 2 cars, hell maybe the new 211 E55 couldn't drive his Automatic for ****?

I do believe Mario's car is as fast as the new 211 55, & I repeat I'm not saying C6 can beat the 211 55 but the info I got from Mario leads me to believe it would be a close race end of story.

Once again anyone out there wanna run me??
Old 05-28-2006, 08:44 AM
SPONSOR

Let me know when you & your Supra are in the So Cal area, I'll gladly take you up on the offer! Otherwise, my local Corvette club will join Xtreme Corvette Club of Texas on Oct. 14 at the Texas Motorplex for the "Fastest Street Vette in Texas Shootout and Car Show"....stop by with your Supra or C32 for some fun. Also, a buddy of mine runs a performance shop in Houston; Motorsport Technologies Inc. (MTI)...Texas is HP country, lots of baddazz ridez!!!

BTW: Didn't intend to hijack your thread, but noobs posting blanket statements like "I bet I could blow a vette off the road"....
so does that mean your coming to texas?

i know MTI, very well known and reputable shop here in town, they turn out some really fast cars....BUT, they still don't have anything that can hang with the supra... they are claiming they will soon, but that has yet to be determined...
Old 05-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
ok, now that i have your attention...

i was out on saturday night at the local meet and decided to go cruise with a 1000hp twin-turbo Viper, C6 6speed, mustang, couple SRT-4's, 350z and some other rice that decided to follow......
Um....was that Viper a Hennessey Venom 1000 TT Love to hear more about that monster! They're supposed to be sub-3 0 to 60!
Old 05-28-2006, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ahhh Vomit, Vomit, Vomit, All I said if you re-read my post is I beat my friends SuperCharged 210 E55 which weighs a lot less than the current 211, And He beat both C55, and new E55komp w/his little 210! & I beat him So......Draw whatever smart *** remarks you want

I never said I could beat the E55 I just reported what I heard from my friend's race and compared the 2 cars, hell maybe the new 211 E55 couldn't drive his Automatic for ****?

I do believe Mario's car is as fast as the new 211 55, & I repeat I'm not saying C6 can beat the 211 55 but the info I got from Mario leads me to believe it would be a close race end of story.

Ricker... ricker... LOL... your logic and your statement in the 3rd paragraph above are different.... so Vomit is not wrong as initially I also interpreted your initial post as "Yeah, I could beat W211 E55 anytime... 'coz Mario beat one and I beat Mario".... the logic is completely reasonable... but... I agree more w/ your statement in the 3rd paragraph above - close race.

C6 vs. W211 E55 = close race.... C55 / W210 E55 vs. C5 = close race.... All assume similarly skilled driver and of course, stock... C55 / W210 E55 vs. C6 w/ lousy driver = close race (so OP's experience is very possible).

As for your logic, yes, I think that's a reasonable expectation. A > B and B > C then A > C... but that assumes that condition when A > B and B > C is the same... while I think since it was done by two different pairs of drivers and at two different time and at two different location / condition / temparture / humidity, I think the logic may or may not hold.

Looking at C6's drag slips (1/4 in 12's) and W211 E55's slips (1/4 also in 12's), I think it's fair to conclude that it's a close race between C6 & W211 E55.

Why Mario could beat W211 (wouldn't be surprised if he could beat C55) but got killed by a C6... no one knows.... may be he heatsoaked his engine before he ran you.... or may be the W211 he ran heatsoaked also... anything could happen...
Old 05-28-2006, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal

I'm game. Let me know if you are coming to Diego soon, and I will do the same if I am in the Santa Barbara area. Should be a close race (at least until you mod).
Old 05-28-2006, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Ricker... ricker... LOL... your logic and your statement in the 3rd paragraph above are different.... so Vomit is not wrong as initially I also interpreted your initial post as "Yeah, I could beat W211 E55 anytime... 'coz Mario beat one and I beat Mario".... the logic is completely reasonable... but... I agree more w/ your statement in the 3rd paragraph above - close race.

C6 vs. W211 E55 = close race.... C55 / W210 E55 vs. C5 = close race.... All assume similarly skilled driver and of course, stock... C55 / W210 E55 vs. C6 w/ lousy driver = close race (so OP's experience is very possible).

As for your logic, yes, I think that's a reasonable expectation. A > B and B > C then A > C... but that assumes that condition when A > B and B > C is the same... while I think since it was done by two different pairs of drivers and at two different time and at two different location / condition / temparture / humidity, I think the logic may or may not hold.

Looking at C6's drag slips (1/4 in 12's) and W211 E55's slips (1/4 also in 12's), I think it's fair to conclude that it's a close race between C6 & W211 E55.

Why Mario could beat W211 (wouldn't be surprised if he could beat C55) but got killed by a C6... no one knows.... may be he heatsoaked his engine before he ran you.... or may be the W211 he ran heatsoaked also... anything could happen...
Yeah I agree my earlier statements were a bit overzealous, I know the E55 is a formidable contender here and in my earlier posts to the guy w/CLS55 I said "You'd beat me but not by as much as you'd think"
I just got very exited to here Mario's results my bad...

Hell maybe my cars 1 of those factory FREAKS or somethingOr maybe as you said heat soak/diff conditions ect...
Old 05-28-2006, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I'm game. Let me know if you are coming to Diego soon, and I will do the same if I am in the Santa Barbara area. Should be a close race (at least until you mod).
Kooool....I'm in LA a lot that'd be about half way are you up for that??
Curious what mods and hp do you figure your at?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Kooool....I'm in LA a lot that'd be about half way are you up for that??
Curious what mods and hp do you figure your at?
I'm in LA maybe once every two months. I'll PM you when I have a specific date.

Mods are Evo stage 1 plus splitter IK16 plugs/magnecor wires, K&Ns, res delete and weight reduction to probably 3400-3500. Guessing 340 RWHP. Best time is a 12.8 (but with a 2.1 60 foot, which sux) and best MPH is 112. Usual times are 12.9-13.0 @ 110-111. My launches suck. . . have never gotten below a 2.0 (but I always ran at now-defunct Carlsbad, which I have heard is a horrible launch track).

For comparison sake, I have raced a C5 Z06 and he pulled me, but very slowly (maybe a car from 60-110) and I pull slowly on stock S/C Cobras. I pull stock (non-Z06) C5s and E46 M3s pretty easily. I have run a 211 E55 and we were even, but we ran out of room within a few seconds, so I cannot say for sure if my car could really hang with one or not. I tried a 996 turbo the other day, and could not shake him (we only had one lane, so he was behind me).

Race with your stock C6 should be close.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:31 PM

A Beater
Thericker, first of all I got your number on my cell phone and I will call you as soon as sort out this mess. Second, I have a lot of respect for Corvettes because they are one of the fastest rides on the road. Third, I am a noob, yes but I never said I can smoke a corvette in my mercs with my eyes closed. I am just responding to the thread adding a little flavor to a lopsided "I am a corvette owner and I can smoke any mercs out there thread". We are all enthusiasts that appreciates fine high speed vehicles. Let's not turn this into a rivalry where my car is faster than yours and I can smoke you.

Straight line racing is a pretty much no brianer, pedal to the metal and go. Canyon runs is fun if it is in a controlled environment where you actually have group of people coordinate the run. one or two people to each check point with walkie talkies informing each check point from top down of any possible on coming traffic or road hazards. Everyone in the group takes turn manning their check point. How realistically is this? Very unlikely because people are selfish and really don't give a hoot for others. It is evident because no one has yet contacted thericker to coordinate a run. Btw thericker - I called your cell phone and it gave me the message that you are outside of your coverage area. Doing canyon runs in an uncontrolled environment may result serious injuries or even death.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by XPRO.US
Thericker, first of all I got your number on my cell phone and I will call you as soon as sort out this mess. Second, I have a lot of respect for Corvettes because they are one of the fastest rides on the road. Third, I am a noob, yes but I never said I can smoke a corvette in my mercs with my eyes closed. I am just responding to the thread adding a little flavor to a lopsided "I am a corvette owner and I can smoke any mercs out there thread". We are all enthusiasts that appreciates fine high speed vehicles. Let's not turn this into a rivalry where my car is faster than yours and I can smoke you.

Straight line racing is a pretty much no brianer, pedal to the metal and go. Canyon runs is fun if it is in a controlled environment where you actually have group of people coordinate the run. one or two people to each check point with walkie talkies informing each check point from top down of any possible on coming traffic or road hazards. Everyone in the group takes turn manning their check point. How realistically is this? Very unlikely because people are selfish and really don't give a hoot for others. It is evident because no one has yet contacted thericker to coordinate a run. Btw thericker - I called your cell phone and it gave me the message that you are outside of your coverage area. Doing canyon runs in an uncontrolled environment may result serious injuries or even death.
I'm not like this at all (I can smoke anything in my Vette ?) I love racing cars it's a blast I'm merely trying to drum up some friendly races that's all, Lets not forget I owned a Mercedes for 4 years & still love them I just moved onto something diff & know that all these AMG cars are the ones to be reckoned w/Soooo that's it no high & mighty Vette crap.

Sorry I generalized in the begining of this thread about C32, C55, SLK55, owners being that way I shouldn't have done that.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I'm in LA maybe once every two months. I'll PM you when I have a specific date.

Mods are Evo stage 1 plus splitter IK16 plugs/magnecor wires, K&Ns, res delete and weight reduction to probably 3400-3500. Guessing 340 RWHP. Best time is a 12.8 (but with a 2.1 60 foot, which sux) and best MPH is 112. Usual times are 12.9-13.0 @ 110-111. My launches suck. . . have never gotten below a 2.0 (but I always ran at now-defunct Carlsbad, which I have heard is a horrible launch track).

For comparison sake, I have raced a C5 Z06 and he pulled me, but very slowly (maybe a car from 60-110) and I pull slowly on stock S/C Cobras. I pull stock (non-Z06) C5s and E46 M3s pretty easily. I have run a 211 E55 and we were even, but we ran out of room within a few seconds, so I cannot say for sure if my car could really hang with one or not. I tried a 996 turbo the other day, and could not shake him (we only had one lane, so he was behind me).

Race with your stock C6 should be close.
Sounds like a plan, I look fwd to it
Old 05-29-2006, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
How about doing this the right way, and organizing a 1/4 mile meet at Palmdale (or some other track that is convenient)? Since Carlsbad shut down, I have been itchin for some strip time. Ricker?
Old 05-29-2006, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
How about doing this the right way, and organizing a 1/4 mile meet at Palmdale (or some other track that is convenient)? Since Carlsbad shut down, I have been itchin for some strip time. Ricker?
Yeah you know what? I was talking to my friend who's a Cop about all this undercover Cop car crap & It is deff a reality They are really tightening the noose.

So yes I think my street racing days are over there's way to much penalty involved, Also the obvious public safety issues I've viloated countless times .

I've never been to a 1/4 or 1/8 mi track but will be going NOW, It seems the only viable option now a days.

So yeah lets set something up ASAP!! I think it would be great I'll start looking on the web for whats available around LA.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

so does that mean your coming to texas?

i know MTI, very well known and reputable shop here in town, they turn out some really fast cars....BUT, they still don't have anything that can hang with the supra... they are claiming they will soon, but that has yet to be determined...
Myself and our local Corvette club our expected at the Motorplex on Oct. 14. I'll hit you a PM as it nears, luv to meet up with you and check out your Supra or C32, what are the specs?? Back in the late 80s - mid 90s I was really involved with the imports, nowadays despite the Evos & WRXs it's just not appealing to my taste. Jayson and the MTI boyz have some wicked fast rides in the 9s, I've met some of them at a Corvette GTG last year, actually a good handful of Texans were at the A&A Corvette Party last year.

Are you a member of Supraforums?
Old 05-30-2006, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by XPRO.US
We are all enthusiasts that appreciates fine high speed vehicles. Let's not turn this into a rivalry where my car is faster than yours and I can smoke you.
Well said...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 VS. C6 and Mustang