Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

2 Kills in 2 days!! C6 and GTO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 C6 MN6, 02 C5(sold), 05 CLK55, 98 ML320
Originally Posted by Jesseliu
Actually with equally good drivers I don't think thats even a valid question. ZO6 no question about it.
are you talking about the C5 Z06 or C6 Z06 or the C6 Z51?
Old 08-03-2006, 02:16 PM

none
Falco & his **** kissing friend with a CLK55,

I have a friend with a '05 GTO, the 400 horse, I told him about you two and how you have the FASTEST Mercedes out there-- obviously, considering you're on a E55s *** in a race, and he said he would run you both. So what do you say to a little "fun"?

I GAURANTEE, for the non-believers, the GTO will be door to door with both. This friday, if you so please, we are doing a little cruise, we can set up where to meet, and we can have someone record the race and post on line. PM me if you're "down", as it were.

BTW: Super-fast M5, I was with my friend racing the M5, and we were right next to him near the entire time, of course he did start pulling away-- eventually.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about, and because I disagree with the outcome of all these posted races I'm the acclaimed "troll", so pay no attention.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
hrmmm

Originally Posted by vette
are you talking about the C5 Z06 or C6 Z06 or the C6 Z51?

Probably all of the above. However great the handling is on the SLK ... lets not forget it IS a convertible.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by vette
alright its been almost 3 weeks. have you guys raced yet????

if you did run, please state the mods done to both cars
My bad! I called Vadim, an told him about my rear tires being Barbequed I ordered some off of Ebay on the 20th of July & Ebay being Ebay naturaly screwed me, seller didn't cough up tracking #'s till this week tuesday, they say they'll be here by friday the 4th I'll get them installed pronto, n' call Vadim for a reschedule w/Falco, Vadim, Me, Mario (e55cent)
It's on......
Old 08-03-2006, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
calm down trolls...

Originally Posted by Exodus

I have a friend with a '05 GTO, the 400 horse, I told him about you two and how you have the FASTEST Mercedes out there-- obviously, considering you're on a E55s *** in a race, and he said he would run you both. So what do you say to a little "fun"?

I GAURANTEE, for the non-believers, the GTO will be door to door with both. This friday, if you so please, we are doing a little cruise, we can set up where to meet, and we can have someone record the race and post on line. PM me if you're "down", as it were.

BTW: Super-fast M5, I was with my friend racing the M5, and we were right next to him near the entire time, of course he did start pulling away-- eventually.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about, and because I disagree with the outcome of all these posted races I'm the acclaimed "troll", so pay no attention.
Haha, GTO boy wishes he was in an AMG. Even if the driver of the AMG loses, he still wins! And don't try and say a stock-GTO is keeping up with an M5. They aren't slow, but they are poorly made, unstylish heaps of American cr*p. As for the twisties...
Old 08-03-2006, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
[QUOTE=Exodus]Falco & his **** kissing friend with a CLK55,

BTW: Super-fast M5, I was with my friend racing the M5, and we were right next to him near the entire time, of course he did start pulling away-- eventually. [QUOTE=Exodous]

If your serious PM Vadim (amg55) or me, We could all race!!!!!!That'd be great we could totally renact the whole C6 GTO SLK55 race
Old 08-03-2006, 02:46 PM

none
Originally Posted by Thericker
If your serious PM Vadim (amg55) or me, We could all race!!!!!!That'd be great we could totally renact the whole C6 GTO SLK55 race
I am serious. There is a cruise tomorrow, not a big one, just me and the fellas down here. We have an STi ('06), Audi A4 2.0T ('06), WRX ('0?), and the 400 Horse GTO. It's a small cruise, but we would welcome anyone who would want to join. A Vette, SLK55, and CLK55 would be amazing.

Just to go on record, I'm not a hater against the AMGs, I just think the Goat is faster. At least when it comes to the SLK55s, C55s, CLK55s.

Again, the cruise is tomorrow, if you really are interested, please do join us!

I will send a PM shortly.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I am serious. There is a cruise tomorrow, not a big one, just me and the fellas down here. We have an STi ('06), Audi A4 2.0T ('06), WRX ('0?), and the 400 Horse GTO. It's a small cruise, but we would welcome anyone who would want to join. A Vette, SLK55, and CLK55 would be amazing.

Just to go on record, I'm not a hater against the AMGs, I just think the Goat is faster. At least when it comes to the SLK55s, C55s, CLK55s.

Again, the cruise is tomorrow, if you really are interested, please do join us!

I will send a PM shortly.
I'd love it! I just re-checked Fedex they say tomorrow I usally see there trucks around 12noon so 1/2 hour for install & I'll hit the road or meet you guys whenever
Old 08-03-2006, 03:03 PM

none
Originally Posted by Thericker
I'd love it! I just re-checked Fedex they say tomorrow I usally see there trucks around 12noon so 1/2 hour for install & I'll hit the road or meet you guys whenever
Awesome!

Will Falco, or anyone else with an SLK55 want to join?
Old 08-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Can you guys take some videos and pictures?
Old 08-03-2006, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
That is not correct. The 55 may not "communicate" as much through the steering wheel, but it handles very well as evidenced by its 68.3 mph slalom speed which equals an M3 & Porsche Carrera. Its not as quick through switchovers as a C6 Vette, but hardly a sloutch some people think it to be (and the numbers I list are not with the 030 suspension package which enhance handling via body roll minimization). See ya Jesse.

-Matt
I generally take handling advice from anyone who owns an RX-7. That's just my thing though. Because those little cars STICK to the road.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:11 PM

none
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Can you guys take some videos and pictures?
Absolutely! Hopefully some AMGS show up.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A GTO keeping up with an E60 M5??? Can I order a pound of what you're smoking?? On the highway an E60 is slightly faster than an E55!!

If you did, in fact, stay even it was because A. The driver doesn't know what a "power band" is or B. It wasn't broken in and he had it in P400.

I see a GTO, I smoke a GTO. I see a C6, I smoke a C6. There's not much that can touch this thing, and the only American badges I'm afraid of are SRT/10 and Z06.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 08-03-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:21 PM

none
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
A GTO keeping up with an E60 M5??? Can I order a pound of what you're smoking?? On the highway an E60 is slightly faster than an E55!!

If you did, in fact, stay even it was because A. The driver doesn't know what a "power band" is or B. It wasn't broken in and he had it in P400.

I see a GTO, I smoke a GTO. I see a C6, I smoke a C6. There's not much that can touch this thing, and the only American badges I'm afraid of are SRT/10 and Z06.
I have yet to see M5s break into 12s as well. Not to insult your vehicle, it's well made no doubt to that, but I have heard it's a blasted task to get the thing off the line. I'm sure the GTO keeping next to the M5 had something to do with that. I know the M5 is FAST. I know this... it does have a good 100 more horsepower than the GTO.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have yet to see M5s break into 12s as well. Not to insult your vehicle, it's well made no doubt to that, but I have heard it's a blasted task to get the thing off the line. I'm sure the GTO keeping next to the M5 had something to do with that. I know the M5 is FAST. I know this... it does have a good 100 more horsepower than the GTO.
100 more horsepower, a couple additional gears, a much tighter gear ratio, the list goes on. If you're talking about quarter mile times, I concede first gear and the 60 ft. times ruin that situation, but I have learned how to launch my car with extreme efficacy through a lot of practice. But there is no way, not a snowball's chance in hell, that any GTO short of a blown one could take an M5 on the highway, unless of course the driver was a moron.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:45 PM

none
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
100 more horsepower, a couple additional gears, a much tighter gear ratio, the list goes on. If you're talking about quarter mile times, I concede first gear and the 60 ft. times ruin that situation, but I have learned how to launch my car with extreme efficacy through a lot of practice. But there is no way, not a snowball's chance in hell, that any GTO short of a blown one could take an M5 on the highway, unless of course the driver was a moron.
Let's not bring blown GTOs in the this, a blown Goat will launch through the 1/4 mile shredding 10s, & 9s. More of a match for your Supra I would imagine.

As far as the M5 is concered, it is totally possible the driver was a moron, it was new, he didn't have in sport mode, the list goes on.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Let's not bring blown GTOs in the this, a blown Goat will launch through the 1/4 mile shredding 10s, & 9s. More of a match for your Supra I would imagine.

As far as the M5 is concered, it is totally possible the driver was a moron, it was new, he didn't have in sport mode, the list goes on.
Show me a timeslip where any GTO with any sort of forced induction ever broke a 9. Ridiculous. IRS is the crippler there, you just can't do it in a car with such sloppy dynamics, a fat, flexy chassis and a poorly designed suspension without tack-welding the entire structure and ripping out every suspension bit. I've been building and tuning cars for years man, my Supra is a work of art with well over 100k in it , and its engine puts out over 1,000 ponies to the rear wheels with C16 in the tank (the rwhp figure in my sig is on 92 octane, the very first day we fired up the new engine). No GTO, nada, zip, zero, is gonna touch it.

You're comparing an engineering masterpiece, a car that has been revered for a decade as the best Japanese car ever built, to a car with a production run of a few years that is soon to be extinct due to complete lack of public interest.

And BTW: I just looked up timeslips for blown GTO's- Dragtimes.com states that a 600whp blown GTO ran an 11.344 @ 130 with a 1.9 60ft. time. Not, I repeat, not very impressive.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 08-03-2006 at 04:19 PM. Reason: New Evidence uncovered....
Old 08-03-2006, 04:10 PM

07 C6 MN6, 02 C5(sold), 05 CLK55, 98 ML320
Awesome!

i would join but i live in the other side of the country
Old 08-03-2006, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
YellowR1

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
That is not correct. The 55 may not "communicate" as much through the steering wheel, but it handles very well as evidenced by its 68.3 mph slalom speed which equals an M3 & Porsche Carrera. Its not as quick through switchovers as a C6 Vette, but hardly a sloutch some people think it to be (and the numbers I list are not with the 030 suspension package which enhance handling via body roll minimization). See ya Jesse.

-Matt

I stand (happily) corrected ...
Old 08-03-2006, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Awesome!

what time, where?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:32 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by AMG_55
what time, where?
Ditto...where and when...

I fly out at noon for business so unless its early i wont make it...but if Vadim can, i bet his CLK will match or beat the GTO...
Old 08-03-2006, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Falco
Ditto...where and when...

I fly out at noon for business so unless its early i wont make it...but if Vadim can, i bet his CLK will match or beat the GTO...
i agree, i should at least be dead even with him

i raced a 6.0 a while back and from a 25-30 roll up to 80-85 it was dead even
Old 08-03-2006, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Well I'm still down as long as they deliver my tires tomorrow....I did get a PM from the GTO guy---I told him to call my cell today haven't heard from him yet---he said there meeting in Huntington Beach at some mall around 4-5pm then on to the PCH----I'm not driving way down to HB, but I will meet anyone in LA beverly hills area w/Vadim

I'll call you tomorrow Vadim when I get my tires.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:26 PM

06 SLK55
too bad...i'll be in beautiful san jose by 3pm...Vadim be sure to post the results so we can silence these trolls!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:41 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Jesseliu
I stand (happily) corrected ...
Hey Jesse Its no big deal - just metal, rubber, & glass. I've been reading just about every car publication for the last 25 yrs & wrenching some as well. So, I know a few things, but am no "know it all". Just thought I'd share with you some stats. I've pushed my SLK a few times & its no RX-7, but it actually handles pretty well (some understeer which can be corrected with your right foot - space allowing).

Cylinder, nice BPU+++++++++++++++++++ Supra.

I could shoot myself for throwing away a recent mag that had like 10 modded cars (640 rwhp GT40, 760 rwhp TT C6, TT Viper, blown Mustang GT & blown GTO, etc, etc.). They ran them flat out to 200mph +. Overall the modded Ford GT whipped them all. The Viper & Vette were smoking tires at 120mph+ . The GTO nor the Mustang did very well (traction & reliability plagued them both). They both ran like mid TWELVES & had over 700 rwhp ). The Vette & Viper were 10 sec cars...pretty stout.

Cheers,
-Matt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 Kills in 2 days!! C6 and GTO