Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

03 C32 v/s WRX with ENORMOUS exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2002 | 11:37 PM

Re: 03 C32 v/s WRX with ENORMOUS exhaust

C32 AMG is an amazing car....

Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG
Obtained from C&D January, 2002
0-60: 5 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 13.7
1/4 Speed: 106
Old 09-11-2002 | 03:29 PM

C32 AMG
Originally posted by davidm_sh
I guess I should elaborate . I am 26 years old. And the main reasons I like the WRX are:

1) It's a cheap car
2) Easy to modify to get hp out of + HUGE aftermarket
3) Very cheap insurance considering it's a 4 door sedan
4) I don't have to worry about people eyeing it to much since I live in Colarado and WRX's are VERY common here.
5) It doesn't draw as much attention as a nice Mercedes .

Plus I don't think I could afford a Mercedes or BMW right now if I wanted to . I am all into performance over looks at the moment in my life. It's all about the cheap stealth baby [heh].
I can relate, I just turn 25 on sunday. You will be surprised how many Benz tuners offer after market mods - not as many as the WRX but more than enough. You're right, the insurance on a 4-door was much cheaper. The C32 is a sleeper. Not many people look at u until u pass. WRX's are actually more flashy. At least with that car, there are more people willing to play!!!
Old 09-11-2002 | 03:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by Boo2
.....The C32 is a sleeper. Not many people look at u until u pass. WRX's are actually more flashy. At least with that car, there are more people willing to play!!!
I like the idea of a flashy car and having people trying to play with you!
Old 09-11-2002 | 04:40 PM

C32 AMG
Originally posted by pocholin
I like the idea of a flashy car and having people trying to play with you!
I do too. I guess we both bought the wrong car then cuz the E55 & the C32 aren't flashy at all.
Old 09-11-2002 | 05:10 PM

I can relate, I just turn 25 on sunday. You will be surprised how many Benz tuners offer after market mods - not as many as the WRX but more than enough. You're right, the insurance on a 4-door was much cheaper. The C32 is a sleeper. Not many people look at u until u pass. WRX's are actually more flashy. At least with that car, there are more people willing to play!!!
You would be suprised at the number of people that WON'T DO ANYTHING with me anymore . Like last night for example there was a WS-6 or Firebird that looked like a WS-6 (don't remember seeing the WS-6 specifically) but had dual exhausts, ram air hood, the works. It looked really nice and all. So I pace him at about 5 under the speed limit with him at my side/rear bumper JUST waiting for him to jump for it (going about 35 in a 40mph zone) and we went like that for AT LEAST 5 blocks and NOTHING out of him .... [looking down at the ground and kicking a rock].

I think people are starting to get a little afraid "possibly" being embarassed by a 4 door Subaru so they don't even try anymore [heh]
Old 09-11-2002 | 10:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
I do too. I guess we both bought the wrong car then cuz the E55 & the C32 aren't flashy at all.
But they are fast sleepers and fun to drive, which is the other part I like!
Old 09-11-2002 | 11:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by davidm_sh
I hate to tell you this but I live in Colorado Springs, personally know Brandon with Kleemans USA and this summer we went down to PMI. He had a supercharged 430, and the supercharged 550 SUV. I had my WRX... now granted mine is pretty far from stock but I beat ALL his cars by quite a bit. I was honestly disappointed with them since I had driven in them and they feel FAST and VERY SMOOTH!! I was hoping it would be a bit closer but oh well.

The supercharged 430 was the closest with his best run being a 14.0@10x against my 13.4@101. But you have to remember he was only boosting about 4-5psi instead of the 0.5bar ~ 7psi (atmospheric losses). Then the 550 SUV best was a 14.5@9x-10x(?) I think it was... can't quite remember the trap speed.

One thing you have to remember about altitude is supercharged cars pretty much act like NA cars at altitude in terms of power loss since the supercharger is only feeding air into the engine at a fixed rate (belt-driven). Which means that with the thinner air up here you lose about 2-3psi of boost if you keep the stock size pulley. So if the AMG is pushing 1 bar = 14.7psi then you are REALLY only boosting about 12psi or so.

But anyway I have nothing but respect for Mercedes... they are just not my cup of tea at the moment ... I am young and have no "need" for all that nice luxory [heh]. I will take some nice neck-whipping turbo torque for now.

Cheers
David!- I thought you fell of the face of the earth! Havent seen your black WRX around either- where have you been? Has that gearbox of yours exploded yet?? Just kidding, well not really.

There are plenty of cheaper cars that will outperform a SC'd V8 Benz- whats everybodys point here? I had a SAAB 900 16V turbo once I had making about 310hp and 280 lbs/ft- it would run to 60 in about five seconds, blow the pinion gear every other week and eat Vettes for lunch. It was still a heap of dung however, any way you cut it.

Is PMI still open? Maybe one more session before the snow falls? I hope you still have the WRX when spring comes and I can run against you with the new W211 E500- that may be more amusing for you!
Old 09-13-2002 | 02:14 AM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by KLEEMANN
David!- I thought you fell of the face of the earth! Havent seen your black WRX around either- where have you been? Has that gearbox of yours exploded yet?? Just kidding, well not really.

There are plenty of cheaper cars that will outperform a SC'd V8 Benz- whats everybodys point here? I had a SAAB 900 16V turbo once I had making about 310hp and 280 lbs/ft- it would run to 60 in about five seconds, blow the pinion gear every other week and eat Vettes for lunch. It was still a heap of dung however, any way you cut it.

Is PMI still open? Maybe one more session before the snow falls? I hope you still have the WRX when spring comes and I can run against you with the new W211 E500- that may be more amusing for you!

Very very iteresting--------- while dude called sleestack here was posting a while ago how he was turning EVERYONE into a dot in his rearview mirror including c32-you are shamelessly admit here to loosing in two Kleeman cars toa "David in black Subaru"-what aa shame! And no kleemann dude, apperantly Subaru David doesnot have to replace anything every other week as you claim to have been doing with your Saab.
I think when someone pays $15000 for a blower he should expect to beat David in Subaru with blower that coast less than a third of what you want us to pay for kleemann.
Old 09-19-2002 | 08:36 PM

Originally posted by Fast Eddy
Very very iteresting--------- while dude called sleestack here was posting a while ago how he was turning EVERYONE into a dot in his rearview mirror including c32-you are shamelessly admit here to loosing in two Kleeman cars toa "David in black Subaru"-what aa shame! And no kleemann dude, apperantly Subaru David doesnot have to replace anything every other week as you claim to have been doing with your Saab.
I think when someone pays $15000 for a blower he should expect to beat David in Subaru with blower that coast less than a third of what you want us to pay for kleemann.
One thing you have to remember though. We ran the cars at an alititude of about 4500ft. above sea level (PMI) where his cars are at a FAR greater DISADVANTAGE then mine. At sea level I think it would be MUCH MUCH closer. Plus don't feel too bad I have over $18,000 into my car at this point [embarassing smile]. Only about $6,000 of that is into the engine though. Just goes to show that you can make anything fast with some money . At the end of the day I still drive a cheap/unrefined car compared to a Mercedes... but "I" am ok with that [heh].

Cheers

Oh and Brandon... looking forward to the butt-whoopin next spring.
Old 09-21-2002 | 10:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Sure- whatever you say. From my point of view I happy to get as close as I did that night with 5psi of boost on a CLK430 to a 17psi WRX. Power to wieght ratio "Eddy"- no matter WHAT it is with the HP and gear ratios I could be beat by a '72 OPEL- whats your point?

Whats important in my mind is that NO ONE offers the power gain for the $$ that KLEEMANN does- If you get beat in a KLEEMANN by a 700hp Supra you would have be HUMILIATED in a Brabus, Lorinser, Carlsson etc.
Old 09-22-2002 | 10:53 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by KLEEMANN
Sure- whatever you say. From my point of view I happy to get as close as I did that night with 5psi of boost on a CLK430 to a 17psi WRX. Power to wieght ratio "Eddy"- no matter WHAT it is with the HP and gear ratios I could be beat by a '72 OPEL- whats your point?

Whats important in my mind is that NO ONE offers the power gain for the $$ that KLEEMANN does- If you get beat in a KLEEMANN by a 700hp Supra you would have be HUMILIATED in a Brabus, Lorinser, Carlsson etc.

As many clowns in "kill" section say :" A kill is a kill" even when they beat honda.
Personally I don't care what you were boosting on that day, if you wore boxers or briefs that day and if you had taco at taco bell or chicken nuggets at Mc D's that dude blew your doors off and all you left here with is some pathetic excuses.
Why make these hypothetical 700hp toyotas aand bring Brabus or Lorinzer in here? Were they there hat day? If not I do not know what would have happened -they are not S/C so would have done better anyways without boosting or whatever else you want to use as an excuse.

If the guy with the Subaru did not come here and said that that he beat ya like you were driving Toyota Tercell who on this board would believe a story lets say from me, that someguy in Subaru totally destroed
two Kleemann cars?

and dont "what's your point me", clown ---if you dont have a clue get one.
Old 09-22-2002 | 11:29 PM

As many clowns in "kill" section say :" A kill is a kill" even when they beat honda.
Personally I don't care what you were boosting on that day, if you wore boxers or briefs that day and if you had taco at taco bell or chicken nuggets at Mc D's that dude blew your doors off and all you left here with is some pathetic excuses.
Why make these hypothetical 700hp toyotas aand bring Brabus or Lorinzer in here? Were they there hat day? If not I do not know what would have happened -they are not S/C so would have done better anyways without boosting or whatever else you want to use as an excuse.

If the guy with the Subaru did not come here and said that that he beat ya like you were driving Toyota Tercell who on this board would believe a story lets say from me, that someguy in Subaru totally destroed
two Kleemann cars?

and dont "what's your point me", clown ---if you dont have a clue get one.
So let me get this straight here. You are upset becuase you have a confirmed story that a Subaru WRX beat a V8 supercharged merceded benz? Am I correct in assuming that is what you are upset about. If so then you go on to say that you feel that if you have to pay $x,xxx amount of money for performance that is MUCH MORE than another car might even be worth you should be guarenteed to win/have more power/be faster than him/her?!?!?

Just trying to get my understanding of what you are trying to say strainght is all. Becuase if you are saying that then you are a VERY dillusioned person.

I know a LOT of people around here with FAST cars (currently mine runs a 13.1@101 up here at 6000ft. above sea level). GUESS what I just got done racing a LOT of people up at Bandimere speedway this weekend and I was one of the slower cars there. And we are talking about cars that cost even FAR LESS than mine ($24,000 base + 18,000 mods) [gasp]. And did I get upset? HELL NO... I know the RULE of "There is always a faster gun in the west". I mean if you think that speed/hp adders should be proportional to what you pay you are just plain WRONG!! They vary GREATLY from car to car, engine to engine, etc...

So here is what I have surmized about what you want. You want a VERY nice luxory car that can beat EVERY car out there that is less expensive than your car right? If that is the case I hope you are prepared for a life FULL of letdowns.

If I am wrong in any of my interpretations of what you are saying please let me know because at this point you are starting to sound like a whiny little brat who is fighting tooth and nail to justify his possesion. This really isn't an issue of if I beat a Kleemans supercharged Mercedes benz... or even that I might beable to beat a AMG factory supercharged Mercedes benz... this is about you learning to accept the fact that you DO NOT OWN A car that is faster than everything you "expect" it too be.

It seems just about every car manufacturer has their "zealot" like people who think their car is THE BEST and all others are inherintly inferior in some way when compared to theirs (in your case regarding speed and acceleration). I guess this rule seems to hold regardless of the price of a vehicle as exemplified by yourself [heh].

Last edited by davidm_sh; 09-22-2002 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-20-2002 | 12:46 PM
av2

C32 AMG
I raced a WRX a few days ago. The guy has blow off value, exhaust and nice looking rims. I am sure the car is upgraded inside the hood. Yes, it's a nice car for $24K, but comparing with the C32... I left him in the dust with ease.
Old 10-25-2002 | 10:02 PM

Porsche Turbo Stage 4, Cayenne S ... gone C43, C32, ML55 & Ducati 999.
hey.. davidm_sh
I had an Impreza 2.5 RS with an aftermarket TURBO before my C43, well this car was quick, but there are other things over 24k price. Beside, a WRX + easy $8,000 in mods not only may be /is the shadow of an ///AMG but also cost +32k, so WRX folks way you do not buy an new Mustang SVT 4.0 SC 390hp???...

"I am young and have no "need" for all that nice luxory" ...I'm young too and there is more than a nice luxory: SAFE and STILE.

"Actually the 550 SUV was putting out around 550hp ... now graned that thing is a PIG when it comes to weight..." .... I have no comments jugde for your self.
Old 10-28-2002 | 11:03 AM

Originally posted by Pierre32///AMG
hey.. davidm_sh
I had an Impreza 2.5 RS with an aftermarket TURBO before my C43, well this car was quick, but there are other things over 24k price. Beside, a WRX + easy $8,000 in mods not only may be /is the shadow of an ///AMG but also cost +32k, so WRX folks way you do not buy an new Mustang SVT 4.0 SC 390hp???...

"I am young and have no "need" for all that nice luxory" ...I'm young too and there is more than a nice luxory: SAFE and STILE.
[/img]
Hey-

I don't know how else to say it. I like Mercedes in that i respect them for the luxory cars they are while still having some VERY nice power/performance potential. But I guess this is maybe just a phase for me? I mean right now there are literally over a TON of aftermarket parts for the WRX. A host of programmable ECU/piggybacks, etc... It's more of a learning process than anything at this point.

I know, sadly, a day will come when I won't want to "tinker" with the car with new turbos, EBC's, exhuasts, etc... and I will just want a car that I can drive and enjoy = Mercedes range of cars .

I am not going to lie... the new Cobra is a beast of a car in terms of power and even more so that it comes Force induced from the factory = EASY to gain even more power. But I don't exacally have a "good driving record" so I need a car that is very low profile to both the police and insurance companies. Unfortunately the WRX is growing out of both of those roles .

Again can't argue with the safety and styling of the Mercedes they have my car beat hands down. Like I said, at this point, tuning and wrenching on my car is more of a hobby at this point and a learning experience. I am enjoying it VERY much and I am sure I will move on to somthing bigger and better ... like a Mercedes... [heh]. I know who to call if I ever go that route as well.