Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

The NSX that couldn't

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
Thats correct. I bought it with 3K miles on it from e-carlink that uses that hanger for their pictures. Those are not my personal aircraft. I was caught between a new zero milage black one and this one, and went with the 3K used one because I liked the silver/silver color combo. The seats look like they are made of a space suit..
Old 08-19-2006, 01:14 PM

NSX
One thing I also thought would be worth mentioning. Gordon Murray the designer of the McLaren F1 was a huge NSX fan and owned one himself. It is said that an NSX was used as a template for the F1. The late Ayrton Senna and Bobby Rahal (F1) both owned NSX's and helped develop the suspension system.

Other owners: CART racer Paul Tracy, F1 racer Alex Zanardi, 1996 CART champ Jimmy Vasser. The NSX has been their personal daily drivers.

The NSX has quite a history.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:48 PM

clk 320 pioneer FB 90 Chrome Halo projector headlights
I do agree that the nsx is extremly over priced but its an exotic car i put it in the same catogory as a lotus your paying for the satisfation that know one else really owns the car
Old 08-23-2006, 12:11 AM

G500-500E-ML500-NSX M3-M4-LP640-911C4S-S2000
I also just caught this post as you can tell, I am also a long time NSX owner. Infact I am currently on my third one (2001 NSX-T also silver). I have been in and out of other cars including the ViperGTS, e34M5, and w210 e55. Although each of those cars are great in their own rights, the NSX is just a well balanced SportsCar! Of course I have the Comptech S/C with the 9lbs pulley as well as an upgrade ECU to give it that extra boost. I was running with a modded e46 M3 and 2001 M5 and with my few goodies, I walked away from both. It is fast but it is not a drag car. There are several cars out there that are way faster but get me on road atlanta where the NSX shines and it will be a different story with most other cars minus the Viper. That is just a beast on the straights.

Anyway what always brought me back to the NSX was its reliability and the fact that you do not see them on the streets everyday. I feel they are very rare and after 1999, they were only selling about 200 units per year. When I sold my last NSX, I was going to get the F355, but after looking at the repair cost and true performance, the NSX beat out the Ferrari in my book.

Honda Technology was so far advanced in the early to mid 90s but what hurt Honda was they were aiming for the cars such as the Testarossa and F-348/355. The didn't think what Ferrari or Porsche had in the pipeline in the future. The reason they are so quiet now about the new NSX/HSC they are hoping they would be able to beat what any other car company might have coming down the line for the next 5 years.

Anyway we all know WHATEVER car we have, there will alway be something faster, sexier, cheaper or more reliable.

BTW if the design is so dated, why does everyone keep asking me if it is the new Corvette

Now enjoy some of my photos from the recent S3 Magazine shoot currently on a new stand near you.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG_55
even the later model 290hp nsx are making more like 310-320
they are mid 13second cars
I agree with you, I have seen videos of stock NSX Type-R driven by Japs doing very low 13s and a very high 12, will try to find that video!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ARFNSX
I also just caught this post as you can tell, I am also a long time NSX owner. Infact I am currently on my third one (2001 NSX-T also silver). I have been in and out of other cars including the ViperGTS, e34M5, and w210 e55. Although each of those cars are great in their own rights, the NSX is just a well balanced SportsCar! Of course I have the Comptech S/C with the 9lbs pulley as well as an upgrade ECU to give it that extra boost. I was running with a modded e46 M3 and 2001 M5 and with my few goodies, I walked away from both. It is fast but it is not a drag car. There are several cars out there that are way faster but get me on road atlanta where the NSX shines and it will be a different story with most other cars minus the Viper. That is just a beast on the straights.

Anyway what always brought me back to the NSX was its reliability and the fact that you do not see them on the streets everyday. I feel they are very rare and after 1999, they were only selling about 200 units per year. When I sold my last NSX, I was going to get the F355, but after looking at the repair cost and true performance, the NSX beat out the Ferrari in my book.

Honda Technology was so far advanced in the early to mid 90s but what hurt Honda was they were aiming for the cars such as the Testarossa and F-348/355. The didn't think what Ferrari or Porsche had in the pipeline in the future. The reason they are so quiet now about the new NSX/HSC they are hoping they would be able to beat what any other car company might have coming down the line for the next 5 years.

Anyway we all know WHATEVER car we have, there will alway be something faster, sexier, cheaper or more reliable.

BTW if the design is so dated, why does everyone keep asking me if it is the new Corvette

Now enjoy some of my photos from the recent S3 Magazine shoot currently on a new stand near you.

i love the last pic?

can you provide info on those 2?

welcome aboard! I hope you stick around.

I used to own many hondas and Acura's. My last Acura was the 2001 Acura CL Type S.

great engine! Love the 3.2 SOHC. That engine by far the best V6 I have driven. I don't include Inline 6's.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:01 PM

Honestly the girls were friends of the photographer who I later found out were female entertainers. The blonde was only 19yo with a C32 and the other girl was 22yo with an Accord. Fun girls but we all know there story there!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:03 AM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
With a Comtech blower/tune & headers NSX's put down ~ 370 rwhp ( looked into actual dyno results/posts on the NSX forum ). NSX's weigh 3150 lbs so quarter mile acceleration should improve to high elevens. It will likely pull a C5 ZO6 just a bit due to approx 30 additional rwhp and having the same curb weight. Obviously, its built 10X better. Its a good deal....great build quality with exceptional all around sports car performance.

Its a nice NSX you have - looks immaculate.

See ya,
-Matt
Old 08-24-2006, 07:47 AM

See the part most people forget is the upgraded and retuned ECU. If tuned properly and adjusted to the correct fuel and altitude settings, that would usually mean an extra 20-30hp. In additional the gearing and weight savings, (I am under 3100lbs including my targa top. With my other NSX 93 Coupe, I was under 2900lbs.) I would saying mid to high 11s and a top speed of about 178-180mph.

Once again I am not saying it will beat anything out there but it is definately a better performer than the Porsche Boxter and Audi TT. I would definately put it in the same catagory as the Z06/C5/M5/360.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:43 AM

996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Learn how to read..... "u meant that it wasnt a sports car, thats what excuse means" What? What my statement means is its slow for sports cars.. I never said it was not a sports car. I consider a porsche boxter a sports car or even a mazda miata and they are both slow.

Again please use real words instead of "U" for "you", I think part of your problem is reading comprehension, which is ok... I am not saying that as an insult most people do not have good reading comprehension skills and we all need practice on them.

Well I am done posting under this topic... I have made my point about what I think about the NSX so be it if you think I am 100% wrong in your mind.

You are irritating beyond belief
You have not driven an NSX but rely on what other people tell you.
GO DRIVE ONE

Sports cars dont have to be fast to be good but you would only know that if you had experience of driving them.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by ash-c32
You are irritating beyond belief
You have not driven an NSX but rely on what other people tell you.
GO DRIVE ONE

Sports cars dont have to be fast to be good but you would only know that if you had experience of driving them.
Yet another person who fails at reading comprehension.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yet another person who fails at reading comprehension.
man.. these thread is filled with people that failed to comprehend your writing.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:31 PM

NSX
For what its worth, I had a budget of around 110K for a car when I sold my CL600. I was going to upgrade to a newer CL600 and that deal fell through. I looked at and extensively drove these cars:

2005 CL600
2005 CL55
2005 SL600
2005 SL55

2006 Maserati Gransport
2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder

2006 Aston Martin V8 coupe

2006 BMW 650
2006 BMW M5

2006 Jaguar XJ

2006 Porsche Cayman S
2006 Porsche 997S
2004 Porsche 996TT

2001 Ferrari 360 Modena

2005 NSX

I bought the NSX over all these cars after considering all things like performance, fun to drive, reliability, resale value, etc.

Obviously I saw enough value in a car with a 15 year old design to plunk down the cash for one.

There is plenty of armchair car reviewing you can do when you haven't had exposure to the car. All these 0-60 numbers being thrown around don't really mean anything. The NSX is a car that makes you feel like you need to be a better driver all the time. Its chassis balance is superb. Around a real race track with a good driver, a bone stock 1991 NSX with 16" wheels will outrun many modern cars... nevermind a 2005 3.2 6 speed with mods.

So the term "slow" being used here doesn't mean much, unless you drag race from stop light to stop light.

What matters a lot is how a car feels. You can't quantify feel by numbers. The TTSL600 I drove was faster than all the other cars. But it felt like in the words of a friend "sitting in a big IMAX theater and watching scenery go by" (in comparison to an NSX).

A car's "feel" includes things like its view of the road, the feel of its gearbox, how much wind and engine noise there are, what the exhaust sounds like... how rev happy the motor is, what the interior materials feel like, and even what the exterior looks like. I would buy the Aston Martin over a 997S any day of the week, even if its slightly "slower". The lowly Boxter everyone makes fun of is a terrific very fun car.

The NSX is a well tuned, well balanced race car that will make its driver feel like Michael Schumacher if he knows anything about driving. Its like the Modena in many ways, only reliable.

Someone on the NSX forums has 340,000 miles on his NSX now. what other car that performs like this thing can do that? what other car can you supercharge with stock internals and run to 200,000 miles with no problems?
Old 08-25-2006, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by TopGun32
man.. these thread is filled with people that failed to comprehend your writing.

lol I hope that is a joke.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol I hope that is a joke.
of course.. man...

we are family around here...

its an open forum and your opinion is valid as other guy.