Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Pulled a new 911 Turbo, curious which version?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Intakes for brakes would be in the front, since the majority of automobiles have larger front rotors which are most often used. However, some cars such as the Jaguar XJ8 transfer braking power to distribute it to the rear.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Interesting read, even though physics falls short of my passions. Comparing an incredible Forumula 1 racing motor to diesel work motor was too much at opposite ends of the spectrum. Believe it or not, diesel can be used to race; Audi proved this in LeMans. The rotary motor is creative; a fresh idea in engineering over the last automotive era, but I am simply not sold on the idea that an RX8 has the clearly superior motor over a C6 Vette (a less extreme comparsion than the one in the article). 138(?) tq versus 400 tq makes a difference, that is felt.

Thanks for the link, btw.

HLG
Old 08-18-2006, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Fair? Hardly...

Ouch! All this dirty talk on Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Mercedes... all over a Porsche being slaughtered by an RX-7.

Fair enough, just for everyone's information-- or lack of:

For Lamborghini, well... there is a plethora of Lambos offered which can roast 900HP Supras and RX-7s and even Skylines (<-- MY FAVORITE! Sorry, Skylines I think are the best), regardless, here is just ONE, simple internet research for reveal plenty more:

http://www.lambocars.com/archive/diablo/gemballad.htm

Here we go with Twin Turbo ricers with this and that and all of the above, very nicely built Supras/RX-7s, and EVOs running at 30 PSI and blah blah blah...

Beat that Lamborghini. You might, with your Supra, but that Diablo is running at-- brace yourself-- SIX (6) SIX PSI!!!!! I wrote it three times, just in case. What is your Supra running at? Anyways. at a mere NINE psi the Diablo was pushing over 1800 WHP. Thats with only Turbos, by the way, no need for special headers, overnight import from Japan and this and that. Of course, detuned it only! has 900HP, it would be a nice race to see.

RESPECT THE DAWG, this thing will run up on a Veyron and make the owner bow before his superiority.

Ok, enough for Lamborghini, actually one more thing, there is a TWIN TURBO set up for the Murcielago in the works, courtesy of Koenieg.

For Ferrari:

http://www.koenig-specials.com/

Go to Ferrari, and check out the F50. Twin Turbo, of course.

Allow me to copy and paste the stats:

"twin-turbo engine
Development on test bench. Engine completely new developed by hitech-turbo- and racing engineers. Turbopistons with low compression 8,5 : 1, turbomanifold and exhaust, turbo electronic, intercoolers left and right in engine compartement, gearbox- and engine-cooling in rear, naca-inlets, metal-kat, suitable for road and track

Power output:
850 hp / 625 kw at 7.200 rpm, 800 nm at 6.500 rpm, max rpm 8.500; 1,47 kg/HP !!!, booster for power-regulation from 600–850 hp

performance:
0-100 km/h 3,0 sec.
0-200 km/h 8,4 sec.
standing 1/4 mile 8,0 sec.
top speed 380 km/h
driving performance depends on gear ratio

time of delivery:
10–12 weeks"

Oh yeah, Yellow R1, through the 1/4 mile, and possibly a bit further, this F50 will proceed to lead your jets. Just to "put it in perspective", as it were.

And Porsche, well:

They got that Porsche Carrera GT Gemballa in the workshop right now I believe. A demon upon its release, no doubt to that.

And for Mercedes:

I'm sure there is a 900+ HP SL65 or CL65 running around or flying around somewhere in here...

Of course, I own neither of these and I'm better off faired against Vespa's and old VW Vans, but I would just like to point out these Exotics have CRAZY potential, all it takes is a will... and a bit more money.

YELLOW R1 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE ME IN YOUR RX-7!!!!!! Or cyclinder head in the Supra... whichever...

Personally, I'll be happy with a C230.

See, I think most people here appreciates everyone's car, however they just like their own more. LOL The thing is, modded 'ricers' can put a beatdown on sotck AMGs, Lambos, Vipers, Porsches, Ferraris etc. No one ever races fairly against Exotics. I would love to see a race between Cylinder Heads monster Supra and a Supercharged DIABLO.

Or R1s jet for that matter...
Old 08-18-2006, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by HLG600
That Supra makes very respectable power. Just watch out for the Twin Turbo Diablo's.
I know a thing or two about Lamborghini and forced induction.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:15 AM

996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR
It is possible to love both German and Japanese cars
I have owned 2 Nissan Skyline GTR`s (R33 and R34 models) and currently own a 996. I also own MB`s.

It helps if you can afford either!

It maked me laugh when owners of either cannot respect the other as all road cars are compromises of some sort decided by the manufacturers.

Yellow R1 - I think you have to concede that Porsche has a more prestigious racing pedigree than Mazda and certainly has the better sports car portfolio

GT2 fan - there are some better cars out there than even your awesome car.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:32 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by ash-c32
It is possible to love both German and Japanese cars
I have owned 2 Nissan Skyline GTR`s (R33 and R34 models) and currently own a 996. I also own MB`s.

It helps if you can afford either!

It maked me laugh when owners of either cannot respect the other as all road cars are compromises of some sort decided by the manufacturers.

Yellow R1 - I think you have to concede that Porsche has a more prestigious racing pedigree than Mazda and certainly has the better sports car portfolio

GT2 fan - there are some better cars out there than even your awesome car.
The race history discussion was not focused on "Pedigree", rather direct 911 vs RX7 racing outcomes spanning 15 years. The RX-7 trounced the 911 in head to head IMSA racing during that span, despite being weight penalized due to heavy lobbying by the other manufactures (they were getting whipped). This RX-7 vs 911 racing comparo was brought about by another poster indicating the RX7 could not compare to a 911 as a sports car (this was proven wrong on the race track for over a decade).

-Matt
Old 08-24-2006, 05:31 PM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
Not meaning to continue this endless thread, but really, I've had first-hand experience with BMW, MB AMG, Porsche, Ferrari, and second-hand experience with pretty much any other luxury or performance car maker, most of these companies do build above par automobiles, but I know for a fact that Porsche is the hardest manufacturer to talk negatively of, there's no denying that.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
The 410 or 392 rwhp RX7 will KILLLLL the Porsche.

I raced my neighbors 996TT X50 454 stock hp and smoked it from 5 to 120mph by 4 cars or so with my friends 370 rwhp 2600lb RX7. Then we raced -- my friend driving his RX7 vs. My K2++ E55 and we were dead even from 60-125.

I also raced my old 425 rwhp BPU Supra and he killed it. Then I raced my 705 rwhp Supra T66 264 cams...blah...I won but not by much due to the lag.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:03 PM

SL55, ML500, GT3 RS, 997C2S
I went up against a 996TT with the X50 also. I was in the SL55 K2 and we went from a 45 mph roll. He got a half car length on me but I started reeling him in as the AMG juice drive kicked into the next gear. We went well into the triple digits and the beast was just inching ahead. I was maybe a half car length ahead when we quit.