Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Killed a bike w/my Silver W210 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 AMG E55
Killed a bike w/my Silver W210 E55

As always, this story is strictly fictional and no laws were ever broken

I raced a sport bike yesterday (Sun) afternoon on the 405 South all the way from the 605 Fwy to Culver Dr (in Irvine). I was just cruising around 85-95 with bursts of up to 120 or so (I was by myself driving from the Getty Center w/a 1/4 tank). As soon as I past the 605 Fwy, I noticed that way back in my rear view mirror there were was a bike weaving in and out of traffic w/their headlights on and accelerating. Obviously concerned that it may be CHP, I slowed down to 75 on the fast lane but always keeping an eye on my rear view mirror. When the bike was 10 car lengths back, I noticed that it was a sport bike and not a cop however there was traffic ahead and all I could do was cruise at 75-80. When the bike was directly behind me, I noticed that he wanted to go. I thought for one moment that I should just pull over and let the bike pass because it would be a futile endeavor however I had my music cranked up and I was shall we say already warmed up and in the mood. As soon as an opening developed in the next lane over I quickly shifted my steptronic transmission to 3rd gear and nailed it. Very quickly I was at 130 and accelerating hard with the bike following me but now about 5 car lengths behind. Traffic developed and I shifted down to 4th and then to 3rd to slow down and pass several cars (all of whom thought they were going a fast 85mph..passed a couple C2's & C4's and a Turbo, not all during the same pass but none followed). The bike followed directly behind me. We kept this up for about 5-7 mins or so until another long stretch of open road opened up. This time, the bike was much closer to me (about 2 car lengths directly behind) and I went up to 140mph on the 2nd lane from the fast lane. In the distance, I see a wall of cars. I try to eyeball which lane was the best but wanted to make my decision at the last minute so not to make the wrong decision. We were about 1/4mi from the cars when the bike made his move by taking the outside fast lane (which did look like the best lane to take). As we got close to the cars, I thought about pulling in front of him however suddenly a car moved over from the car pool lane to the fast lane (directly in front of the bike)…at that point,we were still doing around 120mph or so and the cars were about 7 car lengths away and closing fast. I saw an opening in the fast lane just in front of the car that moved over from the carpool lane but didn’t want to accelerate and make my move too quickly otherwise the bike would be able to follow. I kept my foot on the pedal as I didn’t want the bike to cut in front of me, then as I was approaching the car on the fast lane, I lit up my break lights for 1.5 - 2 secs and then shifted to 3rd and gunned it to pass the car on my left and into the fast lane with no room left for the bike to make his move…..this caused the bike to break hard and he was stuck behind the slow moving car. I quickly moved my way through traffic at 85-90 mph and the bike was now a good 20 car lengths behind. We were moving in traffic so I decided to slow down to the flow (about 80mph). Then I saw the bike weaving in and out of traffic to try to catch me. Although I was in the mood to play, I didn’t want to have to work so hard and risk a ticket just to loose the bike. So I waited for him. As soon as the bike was about 3 car lengths directly behind me, another opening developed and I shifted to 3rd and gunned it again up to 135mph. The bike followed and tried to take different lines to pass but there was too much traffic and he could not pass. To make a long story short, we played like this until I was in the fast lane just passing Jamboree going 125mph and accelerating hard when for some reason, I glanced up to see where we were and quickly saw the Culver Dr. exit sign (my exit). The bike was now a good 15 car lengths behind but accelerating and moving thru the traffic. I quickly breaked and moved over to exit. At that time, I flashed my hazards and slowed to 75mph and waited for the bike. As soon as the bike was beside me a few lanes over, he glanced over and gave me a thumbs up and then accelerated down the fwy while I exited. For whatever reason, I managed to kick the bikes *** with my W210 Silver E55. I guess the lower weight advantage of the bike gets negated or even surpassed by the larger displacement, higher hp/tq of my car at 100, 110, 120, 130, 140mph. The rider was no amateur however I also think it has something to do with self preservation on the part of the rider. I believe going 130mph gives him the same sensation as if we were to drive our cars at 180+mph with the windows and sunroof open.
I'm sure the bike will be telling his buddy's to watch out for those AMG's (old or new) as they are not always driven by old farts that don't know how to drive.

2001 Silver W210 E55.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice!!

Wish we had roads long enough to do that sort of thing on here in the uk.
Always bends, junctions or police keeping you close to legal speeds.

That, and the laws of physics!