Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

S65 vs. Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Can you do me a favor, and repeat all of that again. I don't think I got it all. But you proved my point exactly. And yes, it was you, or someone who thought they were you. And we weren't getting gas, we had stopped at a mobil-mart or whatever the hell they are called. But no worries. You are right, I give. I give. You are that champion, the man, the god, the true hero to all MBWORLD posters. Yes you. And you know what you get for that? NOTHING. Your post was too damn long to read anyway..

And really what does it matter. I would take the lambo any day over the MB for the pure design factor alone.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by ldangeli
And really what does it matter. I would take the lambo any day over the MB for the pure design factor alone.
How old are you really?
What a pointless statement!
Might as well say:I prefer a 30ft Cigarette over a 100 ft Mangusta ...
Old 09-19-2006, 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by absent
How old are you really?
What a pointless statement!
Might as well say:I prefer a 30ft Cigarette over a 100 ft Mangusta ...
LOL. Don't you love ad hominem arguments from people. They're so transparent , I almost feel guilty enjoying the humiliation...almost
Old 09-20-2006, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Thats supposed to be humiliation? How old are you really? HAHA.. Oh man, this forum is funny. You guys are so easy. Improv.. Isn't it your night out at the apollo? You got me, I actually just turned 17. Yesterday. Yep. Thats right, just another 17 yr. old. little rich kid, living off daddy's money. Guess you found me out.

Originally Posted by regor60
LOL. Don't you love ad hominem arguments from people. They're so transparent , I almost feel guilty enjoying the humiliation...almost

Last edited by ldangeli; 09-20-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:25 PM

Sorry guys, but I dont doubt a Cl can beat an early Gallardo, although from a dead stop it would still be very close till about 100mph.

Watching this video, you can clearly see that in the first race, the Gallardo isnt launched properly, you can see it bog down, and immidietely the driver short shifts every gear. That should be blatantly obvious to you.

As for an 06 Gallardo trapping 118, hardly. The SE matches the Murcielago gear for gear. Also the SE dynoes 40rwhp more than the 04/05 G.

From a dead stop, the Gallardo will beat the 55. I dont know if youve ever seen a properly launched Gallardo but it will leave 4 black strips down the tarmac for over 100ft. From a roll, the 55 will make up some of the G's advantage.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Sorry guys, but I dont doubt a Cl can beat an early Gallardo, although from a dead stop it would still be very close till about 100mph.

Watching this video, you can clearly see that in the first race, the Gallardo isnt launched properly, you can see it bog down, and immidietely the driver short shifts every gear. That should be blatantly obvious to you.

As for an 06 Gallardo trapping 118, hardly. The SE matches the Murcielago gear for gear. Also the SE dynoes 40rwhp more than the 04/05 G.

From a dead stop, the Gallardo will beat the 55. I dont know if youve ever seen a properly launched Gallardo but it will leave 4 black strips down the tarmac for over 100ft. From a roll, the 55 will make up some of the G's advantage.

S65 my friend..

big difference...

55's trap slower than the Lambo but have similar 1/4 miles.. I would put my money on the Lambo against the 5.5 kompressor engine

NOT the V12 Bi-turbo engine

this is just stock for stock..

Last edited by TopGun32; 09-22-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:45 PM

2003 S55
I love this message board

you guys go ahead and duke it out . I will just keep driving and keep readin'''

Thanks
Old 09-22-2006, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by TopGun32
S65 my friend..

big difference...

55's trap slower than the Lambo but have similar 1/4 miles.. I would my money on the Lambo against the 5.5 kompressor engine

NOT the V12 Bi-turbo engine

this is just stock for stock..
I meant S65. And yes, the Lambo will beat the S65.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

prove the video wrong..

S65 vs Gallardo

same year as shown on this video and do it from a roll... let's see who wins?

not a special edition or special package or newer model, or the one with additional HP on the V10.

On this video, a S65 beat the Gallardo with no problems. What more is there to say.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:38 AM

prove the video wrong..

S65 vs Gallardo

not a special edition or special package or newer model, or the one with additional HP on the V10.

On this video, a S65 beat the Gallardo with no problems. What more is there to say.
If you cant watch that video, and blatantly see that the guy in the Gallardo didnt try at all then

Anyways, Ill be in L.A. Oct 6th, picking up my car. It happens to be a 2006 Gallardo SE 6 speed.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:39 AM

prove the video wrong..

S65 vs Gallardo

And onto your point of no mods on the Gallardo, how do y ou know the S65 in the video wasnt modded?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is really silly and pointless to classify any car's performance,based only on some unverifiable ,private video shot.
Maybe the S was modded,maybe not,maybe the G driver was not aggressive enough.
The point is ,it's all entertainment but not a real test.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
CL? Well, the car in the video was an S65, although a CL65 would also beat it...

It was certainly blatantly obvious to me, as I stated in several of my posts, and I think a few others mentioned it too.

I've got two tests of an SE which had traps in that speed:
Edmunds' test of '06 Gallardo SE: 12.1 @ 117 mph
If you read their specs page, you'll also see that they ran 0-75 mph, which is 120 km/h, in 5.9 seconds.

Also, Sport Auto of Germany tested one in late 2005:
Gallardo SE test in sport auto 11/2005
0 - 80 km/h 3,3 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,3 s
0 - 120 km/h 5,9 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 7,5 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,9 s
0 - 180 km/h 11,9 s
0 - 200 km/h 14,4 s

Note that the 0-75 (120 km/h) time is the same as edmunds got when they ran theirl 12.1 @ 117, which would indicate a very similar trap...also note that their 0-160 km/h (100 mph) time is 9.9s, again what you'd expect w/ a 115-to-118 trap.

Finally, Road & Track tested an SE (520 bhp) in their "World Superpowers" shootout, Sept. 2006 issue. The Gallardo ran the 1/4 in 12.3 @ 115.6.

Yeah, it will, but the car in the video was an S65, which has about 110 more rated horsepower. Check out the vid I posted of an S65 vs a new M5; those ***** are quick from a roll!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
You're dreaming. All published road tests have the 65 cars trapping at 120+, most at 123 or so, with the Gallardos in the 115-118 range. 5-7 mph in trap speed is H-U-G-E.

Numbers don't lie.

Last edited by Improviz; 09-22-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
If you cant watch that video, and blatantly see that the guy in the Gallardo didnt try at all then

Anyways, Ill be in L.A. Oct 6th, picking up my car. It happens to be a 2006 Gallardo SE 6 speed.
Great! Be sure to post videos and timeslips of your trapping 120+ for us when you take it to the strip!

And on a genuinely serious note: congrats on the killer ride; it may not be as straight-line quick as an S65, but it's one of my all-time favorites.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

when was the last time you line up with another friend and had the video rolling and you were on a empty street and NOT TRY to push the car?

your argument that the Lambo did not try does not make sense.

These 2 guys knew each other. They were trying to find out who was faster.

They were on a empty 2 lane street and they had a video rolling. There is not way that one would put themselves on Video without trying, since we all know it will be shown across the world.

Stop making excuses for the a car.

In any case, the LAMBO is really special, rare, exotic car and anybody who can afford one must be doing very well. Congrats!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Improviz
You're dreaming. All published road tests have the 65 cars trapping at 120+, most at 123 or so, with the Gallardos in the 115-118 range. 5-7 mph in trap speed is H-U-G-E.

Numbers don't lie.
100% right on that...

5-7 mph in trap speed is H-U-G-E.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
when was the last time you line up with another friend and had the video rolling and you were on a empty street and NOT TRY to push the car?

your argument that the Lambo did not try does not make sense.

These 2 guys knew each other. They were trying to find out who was faster.

They were on a empty 2 lane street and they had a video rolling. There is not way that one would put themselves on Video without trying, since we all know it will be shown across the world.
I think he tried, but that he really didn't drive it very well.

This should be pretty easy to resolve. All you need is a stopwatch. I think he short-shifted a bit, but by how much is the question?

That Lambo V10 redlines at 8,100 rpm, and the speeds in the first four gears at redline are:
1st: 64
2nd: 87
3rd: 113
4th: 141

Now, consider that the Lambo traps at around 116-7 or so, and gets to that speed in the low-to-mid twelve second range with a good driver. Now watch the video again, and look at the number of shifts that guy pulls in the first several seconds.

For example, the time between the 1-2 (64 mph) and 2-3 (87) shifts, if he was driving it perfectly, should have been roughly three seconds, based upon its 0-xx times and shift points. The time between the 2-3 (87) and 3-4 (113) should have been about five seconds, and the time from the 3-4 (113) to the 4-5 (141) should have been several more seconds, probably around 10 or so (assuming it'll hit 150 in about 22-ish seconds, a safe bet although I don't have an actual time in front of me.)

I'm pretty sure that he was shifting significantly faster than that, which definitely would've slowed him down.

The data clearly show that the Lambo would get pulled by an x65 AMG from a roll, but the margin of victory in that video was definitely made larger by the Lambo driver's ineptitude in this case. A well-driven Lambo should have been closer, more like a walk than a run.

Last edited by Improviz; 09-22-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:12 PM

Oh funny to watch people who dont even own either of the 2 mentioned cars, tell people which is faster according to magazines they have read.

Watch the video when they race off the line, and look at the mile per hour in each gear that was posted above. Now time the guys shifts. If he was really winding that car out, in each gear during those shifts, he would be a 7 sec dragster.

Second, I dont care what the magazines say, to give you an example, the Road and Track magazine you quoted, was a reprint of a Euro article from Quattroroute. In the article they mentioned something was wrong with the Gallardo.

In the end, its simple power to weight. Anyone here dynoed a S65? Lets compare real world hp to weight ratios, as I have dynoed my SE.

And I said, whoever is up for a race, let me know. We are planning a get together the weekend of Oct 6th in L.A. Ill have about 50 Lambos with me.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:13 PM

Oh funny to watch people who dont even own either of the 2 mentioned cars, tell people which is faster according to magazines they have read.

Watch the video when they race off the line, and look at the mile per hour in each gear that was posted above. Now time the guys shifts. If he was really winding that car out, in each gear during those shifts, he would be a 7 sec dragster.

Second, I dont care what the magazines say, to give you an example, the Road and Track magazine you quoted, was a reprint of a Euro article from Quattroroute. In the article they mentioned something was wrong with the Gallardo.

In the end, its simple power to weight. Anyone here dynoed a S65? Lets compare real world hp to weight ratios, as I have dynoed my SE.

And I said, whoever is up for a race, let me know. We are planning a get together the weekend of Oct 6th in L.A. Ill have about 50 Lambos with me.

Im willing to bet most of you have never even driven an S65.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car is faster than that car, blah blah blah

Last edited by m3_eater; 09-22-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Yes, it's silly to actually look at real test data from multiple sources, both magazines and owners, in order to assess the capabilities of a car's performance, isn't it? Much better to slap on blinders and listen only to one's own preconceived notions, and disregard those annoying little facts.

So now you want to look at facts, while one paragraph earlier you were telling us to disregard them.

Which is it? Shall we look at all facts with an objective eye, or only the ones which support your argument? At least try a bit of intellectual consistency, for pete's sake.

And now, as if on cue, back you go to telling us we should ignore those nasty lil' ol facts again:

Prove it. Prove a) that the article was a reprint and not an original conducted by Road & Track, and b) that there was something wrong with the Gallardo.

And then, once you've finished, prove that there was something wrong with the other Gallardo SE's tested by other publications for which I provided test data.

In the end, its simple power to weight. Anyone here dynoed a S65?
More "look at this data and ignore that". A car's trap speed in the 1/4 mile is a direct function of its power. A car trapping 122+ clearly has a superior power-to-weight ratio to a car trapping 115-118.

Lets compare real world hp to weight ratios, as I have dynoed my SE.
This would be the one that you're picking up on Oct. 6th? That's a pretty neat trick...can you teach us mortals the secret of time travel????

Seriously, though: why not simply take it to a track and videotape it trapping 123 mph for us? That way you can prove us that the tests done by Car & Driver, edmunds.com, Motor Trend, Road & Track, Sport Auto, and Auto Zietung were all fraudulent, along with the five different timeslips from five different owners submitted at dragtimes.com

Heck, you could go back into the future on the day you dyno'd it and run it at the track as well, then come back to today and post the future results like you did for the dyno test!!

Also, if you're interested in comparing real-world dyno numbers, then why is it you won't compare "real world acceleration numbers??

Oh, I forgot: you're only interested in looking at "certain" numbers.

Dragtimes.com has timeslips from five Gallardo owners, which was posted in this thread. NONE of them trapped above 118, only one trapped at that speed, and the others were slower:
Gallardo (Five slips):
1) 12.300 @ 117.400
2) 12.400 @ 118.000
3) 12.500 @ 116.700
4) 12.610 @ 111.210
5) 12.810 @ 116.020

Im willing to bet most of you have never even driven an S65.
I'm willing to bet you've never raced one, even in your back-to-the-future Gallardo. And btw: I've never run in the Olympics in the 100m dash either, but I can tell you who ran the fastest time. I've never played pro football, but I can tell you who won the Superbowl.

Last edited by Improviz; 09-22-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Allan Lambo was a tough nut to argue with on FerrariChat but now he has to deal with Improviz...
Old 09-22-2006, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by absent
Allan Lambo was a tough nut to argue with on FerrariChat but now he has to deal with Improviz...
he picked the wrong guy to mess with.. that is for sure.

I'm pretty sure they will be many S65, CL65 owners ready for the challenge.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Improviz
Yes, it's silly to actually look at real test data from multiple sources, both magazines and owners, in order to assess the capabilities of a car's performance, isn't it? Much better to slap on blinders and listen only to one's own preconceived notions, and disregard those annoying little facts.

So now you want to look at facts, while one paragraph earlier you were telling us to disregard them.

Which is it? Shall we look at all facts with an objective eye, or only the ones which support your argument? At least try a bit of intellectual consistency, for pete's sake.

And now, as if on cue, back you go to telling us we should ignore those nasty lil' ol facts again:

Prove it. Prove a) that the article was a reprint and not an original conducted by Road & Track, and b) that there was something wrong with the Gallardo.

And then, once you've finished, prove that there was something wrong with the other Gallardo SE's tested by other publications for which I provided test data.

More "look at this data and ignore that". A car's trap speed in the 1/4 mile is a direct function of its power. A car trapping 122+ clearly has a superior power-to-weight ratio to a car trapping 115-118.

This would be the one that you're picking up on Oct. 6th? That's a pretty neat trick...can you teach us mortals the secret of time travel????

Seriously, though: why not simply take it to a track and videotape it trapping 123 mph for us? That way you can prove us that the tests done by Car & Driver, edmunds.com, Motor Trend, Road & Track, Sport Auto, and Auto Zietung were all fraudulent, along with the five different timeslips from five different owners submitted at dragtimes.com

Heck, you could go back into the future on the day you dyno'd it and run it at the track as well, then come back to today and post the future results like you did for the dyno test!!

Also, if you're interested in comparing real-world dyno numbers, then why is it you won't compare "real world acceleration numbers??

Oh, I forgot: you're only interested in looking at "certain" numbers.

Dragtimes.com has timeslips from five Gallardo owners, which was posted in this thread. NONE of them trapped above 118, only one trapped at that speed, and the others were slower:
Gallardo (Five slips):
1) 12.300 @ 117.400
2) 12.400 @ 118.000
3) 12.500 @ 116.700
4) 12.610 @ 111.210
5) 12.810 @ 116.020

I'm willing to bet you've never raced one, even in your back-to-the-future Gallardo. And btw: I've never run in the Olympics in the 100m dash either, but I can tell you who ran the fastest time. I've never played pro football, but I can tell you who won the Superbowl.
Where do I begin with you? Lets see Johnny Cochran, lets start with the Road and Track article. I dont have time to look for and scan the article, but Ill let you know that on the very first page of that article , it says that it is from their friends at Quattroroute in Italy. Since you have soo much time on your hands to quote every single magazine in the nation, you may want to follow up on that little tidbit.

As for facts, the facts are that:
A:I own and drive these cars, you read about them.
B:My time travel Gallardo which I am picking up on Oct 6th, was purchased several months ago and sent directly to SP Engineering. When I do something, I document EVERYTHING. For example, when I bought my Lotus Esprit, that Modified Luxury and Exotics did an article on, word was that the final editions made more power. I dynoed the car before I ever even saw it. 344 rwhp, out of a car rated at 350crank hp. We documented every single modification, and backed it up with real word dynoes. Such is the same with the Gallardo. I purchased it, sent it to SP, modified it, and have yet to have sat in it. The dyno confirmed, that brand new, unbroken in, the SE makes approx 50hp at the crank more than an 04/05 Gallardo. We then proceeded to test an intake, and exhausts on my car which were claimed to make power, and with the real word proof we gathered found out that aftermarket exhausts for the 06 LOST power. At that point, we proceeded to design our own one off exhaust system, which on the dyno was proven to gain power. The car was also lowered, wheels, tints, lights tinted, custom mats, calipers painted etc. I dont drive stock. And I want to have REAL facts to back up my numbers, and not read someone elses. Someone like you, an encyclopedia of textbook knowledge has no choice but to experience life through other peoples eyes. I live it through my own. For someone like you, when someone says vanilla is best, you follow along. I taste chocolate and vanilla and find out for myself. You will be able to read my Gallardo story for yourself when the issue with my Gallardo comes out, but for now, you can subscribe to LA Times and read about my Murcielago.

As I said, I will be in L.A. Oct 6th to the 8th. On the 8th we have a gathering of Lambos. We are available to race. Shortly thereafter Ill be at my home in Scottsdale, and will have the Gallardo shipped to me, where again, I will be able to race.

As for racing the S65, no I have not, but I have driven one. And yes, Im ready to race one at anytime. So please, bring your out........ Oh ****, I just noticed, you have an 01 Clk. Wanna race that instead?

What else have you learned from your magazines? Which is faster Egear or 6 speed? Which is lighter? Whats the best RPM to launch a Gallardo? A Murcielago? A Diablo?

Have you driven a Veyron? Or have you read about one?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S65 vs. Gallardo