Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Telepathic WTFs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 233 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Telepathic WTFs

I don't normally go in for street racing, so I'm not going to have many kill stories. But in the couple of days since my S65 became "legal" (passed the 1000 mile break-in period), I've experienced a few eerie event that I call telepathic WTFs.

The first was yesterday morning. I'm driving to work in the left lane, doing about 85, when I come upon a shiny black Escalade doing 80. I didn't tailgate or anything, but he clearly didn't want to do more than 80 or to move over. (Heck, if I was driving an Escalade I probably wouldn't want to do more than 80 either.)

So I pass him in the next lane. No statements. No cutting him off. Real gentle-like back to the left lane.

For some reason, he then decides he wants to go 87 and is on my tail in a flash. I guess he figures he's got 400 HP, which is some kind of a lease on the number 1 lane. Normally, I'd move over and let he-who-needs-lithium pass. I don't need to go faster than the other guy; I just don't want anybody making me go slower than I want to go.

But hell -- I was in Dr. Z with 1008 miles on the clock. So I floored it. I left the warp drive engaged for about 10 seconds and the 'Sclade was a blotch in the rear-view mirror.

That's when I received the sub-space communication: a telepathic WTF?! I moved over a lane and set the cruise on 85. Eventually the 'Sclade pulls alongside and checks out the car. Finally, the best part -- a ****-eating grin and a thumbs up as he drops in behind me.

Like I said, not exactly a kill. But it's better in that it was a win-win situation. I just won more.

Sorry if this is
Old 10-05-2006, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
540 6spd
Dude in the 'Slade musta been shocked at how many car-lengths-per-second you were putting on him while he was going flat out.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65, 911
Hilarious - I know exactly what you mean People pull alongside after a 'burn' and look at you with this "what in GODS name do you have under the hood!!?" expression on their face.

What a fun car!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by whoover
I don't normally go in for street racing, so I'm not going to have many kill stories. But in the couple of days since my S65 became "legal" (passed the 1000 mile break-in period), I've experienced a few eerie event that I call telepathic WTFs.

The first was yesterday morning. I'm driving to work in the left lane, doing about 85, when I come upon a shiny black Escalade doing 80. I didn't tailgate or anything, but he clearly didn't want to do more than 80 or to move over. (Heck, if I was driving an Escalade I probably wouldn't want to do more than 80 either.)

So I pass him in the next lane. No statements. No cutting him off. Real gentle-like back to the left lane.

For some reason, he then decides he wants to go 87 and is on my tail in a flash. I guess he figures he's got 400 HP, which is some kind of a lease on the number 1 lane. Normally, I'd move over and let he-who-needs-lithium pass. I don't need to go faster than the other guy; I just don't want anybody making me go slower than I want to go.

But hell -- I was in Dr. Z with 1008 miles on the clock. So I floored it. I left the warp drive engaged for about 10 seconds and the 'Sclade was a blotch in the rear-view mirror.

That's when I received the sub-space communication: a telepathic WTF?! I moved over a lane and set the cruise on 85. Eventually the 'Sclade pulls alongside and checks out the car. Finally, the best part -- a ****-eating grin and a thumbs up as he drops in behind me.

Like I said, not exactly a kill. But it's better in that it was a win-win situation. I just won more.

Sorry if this is

Badge it as a S350. That will keep them up at night.