Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Allanlambo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by str8ridin
Funny thread.

But, the said driver’s personality aside, allenlambo has a Lamborghini. A Lamborghini! The point is, there are thousands of “fixed up” Civics that can beat it. But who cares?? If I could afford a Lambo, I would take that car over any ubiquitous Mercedes or “fast Civic.” You guys are thinking like Vin Diesel and living your life a 1/4 mile at a time. Trust me, there is more to life than 1/4 mile times…..as well as more to cars than just that.
Well, I would suggest that you address these comments to mr. allen well as to us, because it was he who came in here in response to a straightline race video between an S65 and a Gallardo and picked fights about the performance capabilities of his car in the quarter mile and in a straightline race.

No offense to all the SL/CL 65 owners, but just because they bought a car loaded with power, does that mean that they can think they are better than every Ferrari, Prosche or Lambo out there?
"Better" is a subjective rating. What do you mean by "better"? Is a Rolls Royce a better car than a Ferrari? If so, why? If not, why not?

In any case, this is a straw man argument, as nobody has ever claimed any such thing.

Granted, Allenlambo is an *** on this forum, but in the end, his Gallardo is more of a “drivers” car than most Mercedes on this board.
Which would be quite relevant in a thread about which is the better drivers' car.

SL65 vs. Gallardo = Apples vs. Oranges.

65 people need to stop acting like all those “Fast Civic” people and thinking they are Kings because they are fast in a straight line.
"Fast Civic"?? OK, this is more of a stretch than Rosie O'Donnell in a wet suit.

Are you comparing a stock, and after all this is about stock, $185,000 SL65 to a tuned Honda?? Are you aware that the Gallardo's base price is $10,000 LESS? (source: edmunds.com: Gallardo base is $175,000) Don't confuse a Gallardo with the more expensive model...fact is that the S65, SL65, and Gallardo are all in the same neck of the woods price wise, so this analogy is blatantly false.

And again, this is another strawman argument. Nobody said anything about "thinking they are a King"; they simply stated that the SL65 is turning better numbers, and cited data to prove it, a far cry from what you're claiming.

But I still give them HUGE respect for owning a 65.
As we can see.

Last edited by Improviz; 01-12-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by Improviz
OK, this is more of a stretch than Rosie O'Donnell in a wet suit.
AAAAAHHHHHH! Curse you for putting that image in my head!
I hope I don't need a harpoon to get it out.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Well, I would suggest that you address these comments to mr. allen well as to us, because it was he who came in here in response to a straightline race video between an S65 and a Gallardo and picked fights about the performance capabilities of his car in the quarter mile and in a straightline race.
My elusive point was directed at allenlambo as well…..which was, who cares? I believe in facts written by reputable sources. If Road & Track says it is, then I believe that is a great foundation for which car is faster. As for WHO is faster….well, there are too many variables to even argue about. In the end, someone will win and the other will say that those variables weren’t in his favor for that day.
So, again, who cares who is faster?

"Better" is a subjective rating. What do you mean by "better"? Is a Rolls Royce a better car than a Ferrari? If so, why? If not, why not?

In any case, this is a straw man argument, as nobody has ever claimed any such thing.
Meaning, most people buy what they want. When determining what they want, they choose the “better” of the x amount. What they think is “better” is not necessarily what others may conceive as better. Which brings me back to that point – no one is better.

"Fast Civic"?? OK, this is more of a stretch than Rosie O'Donnell in a wet suit.

Are you comparing a stock, and after all this is about stock, $185,000 SL65 to a tuned Honda?? Are you aware that the Gallardo's base price is $10,000 LESS? (source: edmunds.com: Gallardo base is $175,000) Don't confuse a Gallardo with the more expensive model...fact is that the S65, SL65, and Gallardo are all in the same neck of the woods price wise, so this analogy is blatantly false.

And again, this is another strawman argument. Nobody said anything about "thinking they are a King"; they simply stated that the SL65 is turning better numbers, and cited data to prove it, a far cry from what you're claiming.
My apologies. I was being a little boorish with that statement….
It just seems as though when the 65’s came out, anybody who had one seemed to like to challenge Lamborghinis, Ferraris etc. Just like when a kid puts nitrous and a turbo on his civic…all of a sudden, he talks smack about Lamborghinis, Ferraris, P-cars etc. But in the end……(read down)

As we can see.
All of these cars deserve respect and no car is better than another. But drivers (like allenlambo) discredit cars……then more people jump on the band wagon throwing out mis-information on who is faster and, well, thus the reason I wrote that post.

ps. that was funny what you said about Rosie.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
My elusive point was directed at allenlambo as well…..which was, who cares? I believe in facts written by reputable sources. If Road & Track says it is, then I believe that is a great foundation for which car is faster. As for WHO is faster….well, there are too many variables to even argue about. In the end, someone will win and the other will say that those variables weren’t in his favor for that day.
So, again, who cares who is faster?
We do!! :-) But yeah, I see where you're coming from, I misinterpreted your ambiguous point.

Meaning, most people buy what they want. When determining what they want, they choose the “better” of the x amount. What they think is “better” is not necessarily what others may conceive as better. Which brings me back to that point – no one is better.
Hmm, OK, but what I was responding to was your statement that because their cars are high-powered, SL65 owners , i.e.
does that mean that they can think they are better than every Ferrari, Prosche or Lambo out there?
Well, sure, in a subjective sense, just as I can say I prefer brunettes to blondes (but not exclusively!! :Y )....but I was interpreting this as more of a projection unto their collective ego than a statement of the subjectivity invloved in choosing a car...and anyway, I don't think anyone was arguing that the SL65 was a better car, only faster in a straightline run.

My apologies. I was being a little boorish with that statement….
It just seems as though when the 65’s came out, anybody who had one seemed to like to challenge Lamborghinis, Ferraris etc. Just like when a kid puts nitrous and a turbo on his civic…all of a sudden, he talks smack about Lamborghinis, Ferraris, P-cars etc. But in the end……(read down)

All of these cars deserve respect and no car is better than another. But drivers (like allenlambo) discredit cars……then more people jump on the band wagon throwing out mis-information on who is faster and, well, thus the reason I wrote that post.
Well, yeah, but it's all a chronic bit of "men, boys, price of their toys", isn't it? Anyway, I think most folks here are objecting more to allen's infantile, trite behavior than to his choice of cars; I for one actually have always liked Lamborghinis (and Ferraris as well). Anyway, no hard feelings, I see where you're coming from and it sounds like we are pretty much in agreement.

ps. that was funny what you said about Rosie.
Thanks! Took me a minute or two to think that one up...I was either inspired or disgusted, I forget which!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Yeah...

All of these cars deserve respect...But drivers (like allenlambo) discredit cars.
Drivers like allenlambo aside, Gallardos are pretty cool cars.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes
I am thinking about getting a G next summer. You def. get way more respect and attention in that than any MB or BMW hands down.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:07 PM

That ownage thread link was mf funny...Jezus it made me laugh out loud....Ive seen AllanLambo on so many boards it aint funny and its always the same shyte that Lambos are better than everything else and the only reason they lose to any car is because of driver...If he was driving blah blah blah....Didnt think Id see him on here....Nice to see him owned...