Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C6 v. BMW Z4 M roadster....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Great another C6 owner...
He owns a couple of top benzos also, DUMMY, you should to Richard!!

Last edited by Thericker; 01-14-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by egxpimp
man... i jsut wanna say AndrewAZ shut the **** up...

great kill thericker
+100
Old 01-14-2007, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
C6 a good AutoX car? My audi with 155hp with suspension came within 5 seconds of a modified C6 vette at a tobay autoX.
Numbers speak for themselves...and horsepower is not usually "the" deciding factor in AutoX, now is it?

Point is that it is certainly not uncommon for them to enter, and to win. Don't know why people are always bagging on 'vettes in these forums; they are certainly capable of turning track numbers better than most.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Improviz
Hmmm....indeed you have:

Blue Ridge Regional SCCA 2006 Autox results:
http://www.brr-scca.org/Results/BRRPoints2006.html
SS class points champion won in a Z06. Of the top fifteen cars in the SS category, twelve were Corvettes.

Here are the results of a race of theirs:
http://www.brr-scca.org/Results/02262006.txt

As you can see by looking at the times, the 'vettes are quite competitive. More results here:
http://www.brr-scca.org/results.html
Way to go Impro!!!slam Dunk!!

And to Millitant-grunt-----great so you almost beat a Corvette?? You must be a pretty avid driver, because as you can see from Improviz, race results, the Vette when properly skilled driven, is indeed an Auto X champ!

Enjoy your Corvette envy ladies, I'll keep posting kills, and Vette info whenever I can, unless I find some cool Merc Info or videos, I'll post them as well....I'm not a fan of only Vettes, I was merely posting a kill against a bmw, till others turned this thread into a pissing match...

I'm out.........for now....till later.......
Old 01-14-2007, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Agreed with Andrew.. Its just a vette. An owner brought a yellow Z06 to the last AMG meet in CT (mohegan sun run) and the interior was trash, my A4 has better quality interior and its a 98... Only reason I mention interior is because if I had 70k to spend on a car, id want the interior to be a nice place to sit in. (You can't compare it to an enzo either or a lotus exige because those basically are purpose built race cars where weight saving is crucial) Granted this is a kill story forum, nice kill, but..... two different cars, you're driving a 500hp GT car vs a Mid range soft top sports car.
you're joking right? you really think your 98 audi has a better interior then any c5 or c6 vette? you've gotta be kidding me here. the guy posted a kill- good kill. the vette is a sports car- built for one thing only. for 50k you can keep up with lambos, ferraris, porsches, etc. for 65k you can destroy them. i've never seen anybody say- "i'm buying a z06 because the interior rocks!" i've heard, "i'm buying a z06 cuz it's a beast"..

so i beat a c6 vette today straightline to 80 w/my c32 w/only filters and sprint booster. do i think i'm faster then it? hell no.

and just to show i'm not a total fanboy here. the reason i sold my second z06?...the interior got tiring after a while. and i absolutely HATED the crowd that i was associated with. i'm a foreign immigrant but each meet i'd go to i'd have at least a few confederate flag waving (which is ok in itself) openly racist idiots with 85 vettes and 87's talking as if they were kings of the world.

Last edited by itsmeek; 01-14-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:51 PM

Looking for a new toy.
C6 a good AutoX car? My audi with 155hp with suspension came within 5 seconds of a modified C6 vette at a tobay autoX.
On short autox courses, 5 seconds is a lifetime, not even "close".

I'm late to the party here, but good kill Thericker - it's a "kill" forum, could care less about interiors in that context myself.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by itsmeek
you're joking right? you really think your 98 audi has a better interior then any c5 or c6 vette? you've gotta be kidding me here. the guy posted a kill- good kill. the vette is a sports car- built for one thing only. for 50k you can keep up with lambos, ferraris, porsches, etc. for 65k you can destroy them. i've never seen anybody say- "i'm buying a z06 because the interior rocks!" i've heard, "i'm buying a z06 cuz it's a beast"..

so i beat a c6 vette today straightline to 80 w/my c32 w/only filters and sprint booster. do i think i'm faster then it? hell no.

and just to show i'm not a total fanboy here. the reason i sold my second z06?...the interior got tiring after a while. and i absolutely HATED the crowd that i was associated with. i'm a foreign immigrant but each meet i'd go to i'd have at least a few confederate flag waving (which is ok in itself) openly racist idiots with 85 vettes and 87's talking as if they were kings of the world.
Yes, I KNOW I have a better interior, having sat in both C5's and C6's Zo6/ non Z06. I dont know where Americans dig up their plastics, the 06 Civic has a better quality interior than a Z06, ITS THAT SAD.

Very cheap looking painted plastic aluminum in a 70k car.
70k Gets you a RS4. Which is also a race bred driving machine, you dont see ****ty worksman ship inside that car.

This is the interior of a 1999 B5 A4

And that was a 28k car when it was new.

Last edited by Militant-Grunt; 01-15-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
uh oh..... FLAME ON!!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yes, I KNOW I have a better interior, having sat in both C5's and C6's Zo6/ non Z06. I dont know where Americans dig up their plastics, the 06 Civic has a better quality interior than a Z06, ITS THAT SAD.

70k Gets you a RS4. Which is also a race bred driving machine, you dont see ****ty worksman ship inside that car.

This is the interior of a 1999 B5 A4

And that was a 28k car when it was new.
The interior on both the C6 Z06 & reg C6, is exactly the same except for Z06 logo on head rest, & Z06 logo on DIC, Also besides the materials used, I love the C6 interior, You can't say the lay-out isn't nice....

Throw some suede on it and little Carbon fiber on center console and you guys couldn't say anything it's beautiful, if you did still rip on it your just playing the devils advocate...

Maybe it's just me but all the wood belongs in a boat interior, or a motor home, I don't care for the wood at all It wasn't bad in the 2001 S class I owned but made for a more stogy old man appearence..Just my .02
Old 01-15-2007, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

race bred driving machines dont weigh close to 4000lbs
and should not have 4wd

dont get me wrong, its a great car (i was very close to getting one) but its not a race bred driving machine
Old 01-15-2007, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMG_55
and should not have 4wd

dont get me wrong, its a great car (i was very close to getting one) but its not a race bred driving machine
+1
Old 01-15-2007, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yeah all are C6 interiors are junk, I don't know how I'll get thru another day these C6-C6 Z06's are mostly stock except for the Carbon Fiber ones.....

Old 01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
and should not have 4wd

New A4 curb weight is 3417.

997 curb weight 3197.

I guess the porsche turbo or the C4S is not a race bred driving machine?
4WD is possibly the best to have in a car in terms of using power and having control. Just think about how much faster and how much better the AMG cars would be with 4wd...

My fathers 02 C4's could take this one winding road at 100+ MPH easily, my M3 would struggle to get to 80 without the tail starting to lose out of the corners.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

997 curb weight 3197.

4WD is possibly the best to have in a car in terms of using power and having control. Just think about how much faster and how much better the AMG cars would be with 4wd...

My fathers 02 C4's could take this one winding road at 100+ MPH easily, my M3 would struggle to get to 80 without the tail starting to lose out of the corners.
I'll deff agree w/you on that 4wd cars, ie Subie's, TT P-cars, own the traction world.....Having said that though, I love the way rear wheel drive cars handle...
Old 01-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

F248 F1

997 curb weight 3197.

your a ****ing moron.... i wish my turbo was rwd(hint hint conversion comming soon).. ...maybe ur scared because u dont know how to drive ? 4wd ****s you up in the turns if you know how to drive...oh well **** it im talking to a 15 year old who dosent know how to drive jack ****...typical m3 owner who thinks hes god and cant drive worth ****...

dude the ricker why did u bite into the interior crap ? just let it go !
Old 01-15-2007, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
your a ****ing moron.... i wish my turbo was rwd(hint hint conversion comming soon).. ...maybe ur scared because u dont know how to drive ? 4wd ****s you up in the turns if you know how to drive...oh well **** it im talking to a 15 year old who dosent know how to drive jack ****...typical m3 owner who thinks hes god and cant drive worth ****...

I know, I know...It just boggles my mind how everyone puts it down so much?
I'm not being a fanboi here either, just stating the obvious, they act like it's = to a mini-van interior or something

Yes I know european cars have far better interior materials etc..
Old 01-15-2007, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 221 Likes on 172 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Surprising what one small joke evolved into. But, come to think of it, the solid beige leather in the first photo looks good. Couple those seats with that CF trim, and we have ourselves something nice.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by HLG600
Surprising what one small joke evolved into. But, come to think of it, the solid beige leather in the first photo looks good. Couple those seats with that CF trim, and we have ourselves something nice.
That's my point, deff not the best, but far from crap...
Old 01-15-2007, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
your a ****ing moron.... i wish my dads turbo was rwd(hint hint conversion comming soon).. ...maybe ur scared because u dont know how to drive ? 4wd ****s you up in the turns if you know how to drive...oh well **** it im talking to a 15 year old who dosent know how to drive jack ****...typical m3 owner who thinks hes god and cant drive worth ****...

Fixed.

Your just retarded... I dont even know where to begin.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Thericker
I'll deff agree w/you on that 4wd cars, ie Subie's, TT P-cars, own the traction world.....Having said that though, I love the way rear wheel drive cars handle...
Yes finally something we can agree on. Yes rear wheel drive cars are a ton of fun. Nothing like doing a nice burn out from a light or having the back end slide out every once in a while lol.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Nothing like doing a nice burn out from a light or having the back end slide out every once in a while lol.
+2 that's 2 things we can agree on............

Last edited by Thericker; 01-15-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

997 curb weight 3197.

a4 is not an rs4
big difference, the weight you list is more than likely without quattro (not to mentions bigger brakes, wheels........)

porsche turbo is not a race bred driving machine, neither is a c4s. a race bred driving porsche is a GT3, which just happens to be rear wheel drive.

what do you mean by better?
better traction?

4wd just gave you more confidence to push the c4 to 100. just b/c the rear end is loose/sliding doesnt mean you need to slow down or your going too fast, sometimes its just better to ride through the slide

im not gonna go into driving dynamics here, it would take too long but 99% of race cars that race on tarmac are 2wd.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
a4 is not an rs4
big difference, the weight you list is more than likely without quattro (not to mentions bigger brakes, wheels........)

porsche turbo is not a race bred driving machine, neither is a c4s. a race bred driving porsche is a GT3, which just happens to be rear wheel drive.

what do you mean by better?
better traction?

4wd just gave you more confidence to push the c4 to 100. just b/c the rear end is loose/sliding doesnt mean you need to slow down or your going too fast, sometimes its just better to ride through the slide

im not gonna go into driving dynamics here, it would take too long but 99% of race cars that race on tarmac are 2wd.
LOL. That reminds me of something one of my buddies would say about a girl lol.

But yes a lot of race cars are RWD because of racing regulations banning 4wd.

Just go watch the top gear M3 vs S4, in a strait line the M3 beats the S4 but in the turns bam S4 FTW. Why? 4wd....
Old 01-15-2007, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
LOL. That reminds me of something one of my buddies would say about a girl lol.

But yes a lot of race cars are RWD because of racing regulations banning 4wd.

Just go watch the top gear M3 vs S4, in a strait line the M3 beats the S4 but in the turns bam S4 FTW. Why? 4wd....
for your info a m3 beats the s4 in the WET
dont remember the issue and dont feel like looking through my collection of 500+ magazines but it was in autocar

s4 beats m3 in the dry
Old 01-15-2007, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
for your info a m3 beats the s4 in the WET
dont remember the issue and dont feel like looking through my collection of 500+ magazines but it was in autocar

s4 beats m3 in the dry
Watch out what you say.. The S4 boys talk about smoking m3's all the time, the reason is the 4wd allows for an easy launch on the S4 and most M3 drivers just sit and spin lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.