Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Driver error right??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
Driver error right??

So last night after 3 some hours of Hookah () I'm heading home and the area usually has some ricers that always want to race. Hell, on the way there some G35 coupe kept trying to pick a fight...

Anyways, it was relatively free of any cars, but in my rearview I see a set of round xenons aggresively cutting through traffic. At the light I stop early to get a glimpse of what it was. I knew it was a new 997, turns out to be a Carrera 4S. It's an older gent, yelling on his bluetooth, didn't seem to mind me. It goes green, and I give it a bit of gas, he does too, but doesn't seem to be racing. So I gun it to 60ish, thinking damn another boring night. He starts catching up, but there is another set of lights...so I'm thinking YES here we go. Nope...same scenario as last time. So I hit, ignoring him. Then a flash of his brights gets me to slow down to 40, we roll around there for a bit, he gives me a "look", and both hit it at about the same time. I had a lead on him all the way to 100, shut it down afterwards.

Which just confused the crap outa me.

Interesting note: on the same road I was following a new Turbo, guess he saw me and gunned it, because I was trying to catch up, it looked like I was going backward!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
So last night after 3 some hours of Hookah () I'm heading home and the area usually has some ricers that always want to race. Hell, on the way there some G35 coupe kept trying to pick a fight...

Anyways, it was relatively free of any cars, but in my rearview I see a set of round xenons aggresively cutting through traffic. At the light I stop early to get a glimpse of what it was. I knew it was a new 997, turns out to be a Carrera 4S. It's an older gent, yelling on his bluetooth, didn't seem to mind me. It goes green, and I give it a bit of gas, he does too, but doesn't seem to be racing. So I gun it to 60ish, thinking damn another boring night. He starts catching up, but there is another set of lights...so I'm thinking YES here we go. Nope...same scenario as last time. So I hit, ignoring him. Then a flash of his brights gets me to slow down to 40, we roll around there for a bit, he gives me a "look", and both hit it at about the same time. I had a lead on him all the way to 100, shut it down afterwards.

Which just confused the crap outa me.

Interesting note: on the same road I was following a new Turbo, guess he saw me and gunned it, because I was trying to catch up, it looked like I was going backward!
4S.. I say so.. (bad driver)

but you have so much more torque available at the lower revs that he would have to be on the sweet spot to pull on you from the get go.

but.. he wanted to play so it was fair and square.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
355hp and higher loss due to 4WD... you should hang from a roll.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
i havent driven a 4s but my s is MUCH faster than my clk55 was...... most likely, it was an auto (which would definitely be a very close race) or wrong gear.
the autos on 997's are 5 speed and take the gearing advantage that the car has w/ the stick away