Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Mercedes 03+ SL500 RICER fly-bye! + ran CL63 in LA today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Mercedes 03+ SL500 RICER fly-bye! + ran CL63 in LA today

Where to start? 1st ran a brand new CL63 in downtown LA today, wasn't even close, guy was totally kool though (thumbs up, & lots of good happy waves exchanged) multi short bursts on city streets.

C6 Vette w/mods 475+ crank HP + new 345 Michelin Pilots, pulled multi-lengths from 0-60 then up to 80ish I pulled 5-6 lengths easily, guy was young, dealer plates full AMG calipers quad exhaust etc...Black on black CL63 sounded SWEET!!
but no grunt/bottom end....

Can't get over how nice this CL63 AMG LOOKS!! (putting MONEY/VEHICLE value aside) even though it's slower than my C6, I'd take it in a heart beat & mod the shi*te outta it!!

Then on the way home thru Ventura (101 passing Johnson drive North bound) I look in my rear view mirror see what looks to be Silver SL55 AMG PACKAGE storming thru light traffic on my tail stalking me, gets even w/me then I let him take the jump at about 70-75 (deff looking for a race) I punch it & watch him turn into decimal point in my mirrors, literally pull 20+ lengths! I'm thinking no way that was an AMG, I let up to let him catch up, put hazards on & drop back to 70 ish (I ran up to 140 or so) he does the consummate RICER fly-bye NO thumbs up or anything just fly bye lol...

I look at the rear badging deff R230 SL500 let him roll buy driving like an idiot in & out of lanes like a mad-man then takes the very next exit, I guess RICERS come in all tax brackets....

Mad props to the CL63 BEAUTIFUL RIDE, & hell of a fun run! very cool guy

SL500 if you're a member here you got OWNED! I expected more class from an owner of such a fine auto (prolly junior taking dads car out for a spin) LAME dangerous driving, and even though you drive a beautiful SL500 you are an embarrassment to the community! you're RICE all the way

Anyhow just telling it how it went, no flame wars please....

Last edited by Thericker; 09-07-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
The CL63's are definitely slower than the CLS/E63's, correct? And I'm pretty sure your car is faster than the E63.

Nice kill. Funny about the ricer in the German car. What would we call those though, Burgers?...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR
Originally Posted by Thericker
Where to start? 1st ran a brand new CL63 in downtown LA today, wasn't even close, guy was totally kool though (thumbs up, & lots of good happy waves exchanged) multi short bursts on city streets.

C6 Vette w/mods 475+ crank HP + new 345 Michelin Pilots, pulled multi-lengths from 0-60 then up to 80ish I pulled 5-6 lengths easily, guy was young, dealer plates full AMG calipers quad exhaust etc...Black on black CL63 sounded SWEET!!
but no grunt/bottom end....

Can't get over how nice this CL63 AMG LOOKS!! (putting MONEY/VEHICLE value aside) even though it's slower than my C6, I'd take it in a heart beat & mod the shi*te outta it!!

Then on the way home thru Ventura (101 passing Johnson drive North bound) I look in my rear view mirror see what looks to be Silver SL55 AMG PACKAGE storming thru light traffic on my tail stalking me, gets even w/me then I let him take the jump at about 70-75 (deff looking for a race) I punch it & watch him turn into decimal point in my mirrors, literally pull 20+ lengths! I'm thinking no way that was an AMG, I let up to let him catch up, put hazards on & drop back to 70 ish (I ran up to 140 or so) he does the consummate RICER fly-bye NO thumbs up or anything just fly bye lol...

I look at the rear badging deff R230 SL500 let him roll buy driving like an idiot in & out of lanes like a mad-man then takes the very next exit, I guess RICERS come in all tax brackets....

Mad props to the CL63 BEAUTIFUL RIDE, & hell of a fun run! very cool guy

SL500 if you're a member here you got OWNED! I expected more class from an owner of such a fine auto (prolly junior taking dads car out for a spin) LAME dangerous driving, and even though you drive a beautiful SL500 you are an embarrassment to the community! you're RICE all the way

Anyhow just telling it how it went, no flame wars please....

I just dusted a Sl500, he was cutting through traffic and driving like an a**e.

he tailed me at 30mph and I moved over and waited for him to get alongside. We raced from about 40 and by 80 I was 2 -3 cars ahead at the end.
no thumbs up form him, just left with that sore feeling on his backside.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ash-c32
I just dusted a Sl500, he was cutting through traffic and driving like an a**e.

he tailed me at 30mph and I moved over and waited for him to get alongside. We raced from about 40 and by 80 I was 2 -3 cars ahead at the end.
no thumbs up form him, just left with that sore feeling on his backside.
I think they get it from that movie w/Al Pacino & Matthew McConaughey "Two for the Money" (Mathew's character gets a BASE R230 SL500 & races all over NYC like a demon like it was a Brabus K8 rocket car

Never understood why they didn't give him an SL/E 55? Etc...
Old 09-07-2007, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
The CL63's are definitely slower than the CLS/E63's, correct? And I'm pretty sure your car is faster than the E63.

Nice kill. Funny about the ricer in the German car. What would we call those though, Burgers?...
I deff think the E63 is the quickest of the bunch at least from what I read around here (No personal experiences w/either CLS/E63.....Yet)