Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Stock E55 vs C6 vette

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E55
Stock E55 vs C6 vette

This is my first time posting on 'Kill Stories' section since I don't race too often. Last Saturday morning around 2am, while driving my friends home after a party, I spotted a silver C6 vette driving slow on the highway so I decided to drive parallel to in case the driver wanted to do a quick run. I had a full car with 4 passengers so I knew it would be a close race. The vette driver showed no interest in racing so I did a quick acceleration from 60 to 90 and merged to the right lane as my exit was approaching. To my surprise, the vette followed and took the same exit I did and I knew it was on! The road we were driving on after we took the exist had 3 lanes and speed limit was 45, so we slowed down to 30 and lined up. I downshifted to 1st gear and was ready to gun it, but the guy in the vette takes off first without doing the 3 honk so i punched it a bit late. At that point he had a car or more lead and it stayed like that until he decided to shut it down at 80mph or so but I felt I was starting to gain on him a bit towards the end. I wanted to do another run but the guy completely disappeared. He took a sudden right turn and that was it. Also during the race, his exhaust sounded really loud and my passengers confirmed that as well, which could mean he had modified his exhaust system but I'm not too sure about it. Anyway, it was a great race but there is no clear winner in this case since he started first so it would be nice to run against him once more
Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG - RIP :(
as the saying goes, "A chase is a race".

Valiant death sir.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I would not have waited for the honk! as soon as he lined up.. pull the trigger

if he happends to honk.. than you pull back.

anyhow.. despite the 4 passangers.. not bad.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:37 PM

2003 Mercedes Benz C240 (Sold) 2004 Mercedes Benz S430 W/ AMG package
I just love when American muscle cars bow down...if he knew his car was fast he would have stayed on the same road
Old 10-20-2007, 07:32 PM

07 Z06, 08 Rover Sport, 03 Dmax, 13 Diavel
Originally Posted by greekNIKO
I just love when American muscle cars bow down...if he knew his car was fast he would have stayed on the same road
excellent statement...

E55's are fast, but there "could" be faster cars out there. yea, the guy jumped, or he didn't know to wait for the 3 honk...whatever...

still impressive though, 4 passengers and keeping up with the C6, not bad at all Sam!

P.S GreekNiko: i have a vette...want to race me? 675hp!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Almost a Member!

8 second bathtub
To have 3 passengers kicked back and enjoying the ride musta drove the vette guy nuts. I can't give in to buying a 2 seat sports car. The girlfriend always gets shotty, which leaves no room for anyone else to enjoy the ride.