Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK500 vs Cobalt SS Stage II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
CLK500 vs Cobalt SS Stage II

Last night I raced a Cobalt SS with GM Performance Parts Stage II kit, aftermarket clutch, and some minor weight reduction including a carbon fiber hood.

We did a highway roll from about 40-115. I pulled almost a car length on him instantly and we stayed pretty close from then on. Once I got to about 90 I started to pull away again and by 110 I was widening the gap. I went up to like 125 but he shut down around 110. Three honks, very clean. My friend in his Altima SE-R was also racing us and he got beat by a few lengths, not too badly. I definitely feel my car getting slower. My trannys shot but I was still happy to have beaten it.

I was also lucky to witness an amazing race between a 400+hp Evo (claims to have boltons only + cams) and a 400+hp WRX (bigger turbo and a whole bunch of sh*t done to it including n20 kit, claims 30g's put into it). It was awesome seeing the flames shoot out the tailpipe of the WRX as he shifted. And damn can those things handle at high speeds. I've raced the Evo in the past and he beat me by like 3 or more lengths. This time I was behind them the whole time as a spectator but I floored it to try and keep up and watch the races and they left me in the dust. Everyone is still under the impression I'm on the bottle so anytime these races come up they all try throwing me in there. Hopefully I can get my friend's E55 to run the WRX.