Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Damn I Suck... Charcoal F-car Vert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
It's easy. Didn't you know that the fastest lane is always the one you're not in???
Old 05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Drive around in NYC at Rush Hour with the taxis ahha
Old 05-12-2008, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by AsianML
With the Kompressor beat beneath your right foot, I probably wouldn't gun it too often or I'd end up in the rear bumper of the other car as I changed lanes. lol

The busiest traffic I've ever done was twice in Chicago in the afternoon rush hours with road construction going on and in Minneapolis - St. Paul. Pretty scary when I looked at the traffic at a first glance, but once I got the feel of the flow of traffic, it wasn't too hard even with just a little over a year of driving experience. I just needed to keep up with the flow of traffic and signal my intentions way ahead of time. Luckily the MN drivers weren't a-holes so they didn't speed up when I signaled to move over. Wish I could say different about most Chicago drivers.
It is dangerous to give anyone my age anything with E55 type power, but what I think makes me a good driver is the fact that I know my limits and I learn from my mistakes. I never do anything that I'm uncomfortable with.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
If you really must zig zag in traffic (or cut in and out, whatever you want to call it), you generally won't get much better than pure luck unless you are familiar with the road, traffic patterns, prominent turns and slow down areas. It's all doable if you are intimately familiar with the stretch of road, but otherwise it is a crapshoot. Traffic is pretty dynamic, but generally speaking it is like a river and there are places where it eddies, and where it gets bottle-knecked so to speak. You need to know where these places are likely to be. That said, I never set out to practice this kind of stuff....I'm just an aggressive driver so you pick stuff up as you go. My recommandation is that you don't aspire to be dangerous young padawan

Last edited by FLYNAVY; 05-12-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
It is dangerous to give anyone my age anything with E55 type power, but what I think makes me a good driver is the fact that I know my limits and I learn from my mistakes. I never do anything that I'm uncomfortable with.
who gave you an E55?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Parents... LUckily no car crashes
Old 05-12-2008, 10:44 PM

CLK 430
This is a kill story, but I got killed. So I was on the 101N this morning at about 11AM and I got behind a charoal Ferarri convertible. We were in mild traffic, most people were going about 50MPH. The F-car started changing lanes and I stayed behind, we were going about 80MPH. Eventually he took a lane change that closed up right after he took it. I fell behind and I was trying to catch up and I just couldnt. He just kept going and going. So... thank you for letting me know that I suck in traffic. If the F-car driver was in a Tahoe he could still be making those lane changes, it had nothing to do with his car, it was all skill. I'm a good driver when theres no traffic (lol) or through the canyons, but I've never been good in traffic, I just never make the right choices when it comes to lane changes. Anyone in here think they can teach me anything?

yeah you just got to have ***** lol
Old 05-12-2008, 11:30 PM

SL55, ML500, BMW 530xi
Anyone in here think they can teach me anything?

1. Get some ***** and just go.

2. If you hesitate you might die, sooooo, yeah, don't do that.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Honestly, it's just a game of who has the biggest *****. But in the end one WILL eat it hard. It's not a matter of if, but when. Don't be stupid. Don't race.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Dont do anything if you feel there is no need for it. Learn at your own pace.

I can imagine the Ferrari you were talking about he was probably doing crazy lane changes, dont do it if you feel you cant do it .

But on the highway there is usually more room .. .its upp to u

I dont personally speed up unless I see someone worth it !

Im 20 in a S500 and I think I got a fast f-ing car lol, careful in that e55 lol.

Last edited by Gondon; 05-12-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
zigzaging traffic is a skill. It is also dangerous with serious consequences should you god forbid hit someone or crash yourself. In US court system it is impossible not sit some time for hitting another car while street racing.

That said I drive very fast on the roads. I have a need for adrenaline and I need to fulfill it once or twice a day. To this day cars that beat me in drag have not beat me on the highway, they even stoped racing me lol. Anyway I picked up my skills in Moscow. people here drive like its the end of the world the tricks they pull off in traffic are dramatic and beg to be tried. That said, Russia is a leading country in the world with automobile related fatalities. Since I could remember my uncle would haul *** in his 80hp Lada 2108. Then I had an older friend when I was about 13-15 and he had a Lada 2109 he hauled *** too. So from childhood I'm used to being in the center of zigzaging traffic and I wasn't affraid to do it in my 00 Explorer when I got it for my first car
Anyway be careful man, I'd rather recomend you not learn this "skill" It's definatly the most fun thing out there, but its addicting and if you don't care about yourself think about others you may hurt. Legal drag racing has decreased my addiction for adrenaline a bit, but still. Don't learn it. Have fun in your beast!

Be safe fellaz

PS Oh and just to add I share the same philosophy with someone who mentioned earlier that "it's not whether IF it's WHEN you're going to crash"
CYA!

Last edited by kindafast; 05-13-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I raced some type of track-looking Lotus Exige the other day through traffic. Those things can dip! Luckily, so can I...the thing that annoys me about dipping through traffic is that it doesn't prove who has the faster car. I try my best to line up to other cars and have a fair race. It annoys me when other drivers won't do that. They'd rather just floor it and dip. Like finally, when we got through traffic I try to line up with the guy and we both gun it but after about 2 seconds he backs off and waves goodbye.

I mean, I'm down for anything but cutting through traffic proves nothing. It's not a big deal and in the end it doesn't prove anything. I go for the kill. I could care less that I have more emotion and less brains than the opponent.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I raced some type of track-looking Lotus Exige the other day through traffic. Those things can dip! Luckily, so can I...the thing that annoys me about dipping through traffic is that it doesn't prove who has the faster car. I try my best to line up to other cars and have a fair race. It annoys me when other drivers won't do that. They'd rather just floor it and dip. Like finally, when we got through traffic I try to line up with the guy and we both gun it but after about 2 seconds he backs off and waves goodbye.

I mean, I'm down for anything but cutting through traffic proves nothing. It's not a big deal and in the end it doesn't prove anything. I go for the kill. I could care less that I have more emotion and less brains than the opponent.
Sure it proves something - racing through traffic proves the fastest driver not the fastest car. I can just google the result of who is faster and that ends it. I see it this way, if drag is like golf, then traffic racing is like boxing. Some are just better at one than the other no big deal.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by kindafast
Sure it proves something - racing through traffic proves the fastest driver not the fastest car. I can just google the result of who is faster and that ends it. I see it this way, if drag is like golf, then traffic racing is like boxing. Some are just better at one than the other no big deal.

I know what you mean...but it's not who is the faster driver. It's really whoever has better instinct on which lanes to take, which cars will switch lanes and create an opening for you, which cars won't move, which cars will actually block you and get scared. You can also look for exit lanes and use those to your advantage, or the shoulder if it doesn't have that annoying rumble strip. The difference is maturity though. When there is heavy traffic and you are dipping within 1 foot of other cars, there is a good chance something can go wrong. Is it worth the risk of killing innocent people as well as yourself, just to prove you can pull off these manuevers?

Unfortunately, sometimes the immaturity in me surfaces and I'll rip through traffic at a buck 40 dipping 3 lanes within inches of other cars...and for that I can truly say I'm a menace and shouldn't be allowed on the road. But I will try my best to control the Torretto in me and slow the F*** down. It's just not worth killing others.

Also, boxing is just you and the opponent (and the ref if you're Mike Tyson ). Racing through traffic involves everyone on the road. Even though I am confident in my abilities, I am not so confident in the other driver and have seen disasters happen because the opponent tried pushing his luck.

Last edited by ItalianStallion; 05-13-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
I definitely never hesitate, if I ever hesitate for even a split second, I back off completely. I guess I just didnt have the ***** that the F-car had. He was taking some lane changes that seemed iffy, but the last one that he took, when he lost me, just seemed like suicide.

But about those Lotuses (Plural should be Loti) they are amazing little cars if you know what to do with them. Nowhere near as fast as your Z06, but probably a lot easier to weave through traffic.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion

He was dipping because you have 500 ponies. In Europe over Christmas I took down a WOT Exige in a diesel Touring from a light entering the hwy, and had three buddies with me. From a roll above 60mph in a straightline those little cars are slow.

By the way, your response to the boxing analogy being just you and the other guy involved and not innocent bystanders was the perfect riposte.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
I definitely never hesitate, if I ever hesitate for even a split second, I back off completely. I guess I just didnt have the ***** that the F-car had. He was taking some lane changes that seemed iffy, but the last one that he took, when he lost me, just seemed like suicide.

But about those Lotuses (Plural should be Loti) they are amazing little cars if you know what to do with them. Nowhere near as fast as your Z06, but probably a lot easier to weave through traffic.
It's not that you didn't have "the *****", for the last fricking time. In this instance you didn't have the selfishness and stupidity of the F-car driver.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
It's not that you didn't have "the *****", for the last fricking time. In this instance you didn't have the selfishness and stupidity of the F-car driver.
Thats what I meant, but I didnt want t osay it and offend anyone in here who takes those kinds of risks.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I don't care how good of a driver we all are...cutting in and out of traffic and the dangers it can have is subject to the OTHER drivers reaction(s). You may have control but grandpa in his Buick Lesabre or a soccer mom with a van full of noisy kids that the F car passed may have reacted totally differently.

I'd only do a "Kill" if no one was in front of us and it's a multi-lane highway in good weather...better yet save it for the strip or autocross. Just be careful...
Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM

'03 E55
Originally Posted by kindafast
I see it this way, if drag is like golf, then traffic racing is like boxing. Some are just better at one than the other no big deal.

The problem with that is that most other people on the road have no desire to step into the *******g ring with you.

I'm all for lining them up on the street when no other cars are around, but chasing each other through traffic is grossly inconsiderate at best. Those are families, not pylons that you are weaving through. The guy that wins is the one who places the least value on the lives around him that he is putting at risk. It has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with risking other people's lives more than the other guy is willing to do.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW and Mercedes
I will say that most people are pretty predictable....you just need to know what cues to look for. It's all in body (or in this case, car) language.....of course drunk drivers kind of throw this out the window
Old 05-13-2008, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY
...of course drunk drivers kind of throw this out the window
Or really elderly folks who shouldn't be driving...
Old 05-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
There is no point to zoom through traffic unless there is some animal car that is pushing down your neck lol or its absoluty worth it.

I was trying to get this 2003 S500 Sport to race me on the highway but he just wasnt game so I drove in my lane all the way home alone

It depends on the defination of heavy traffic. What is heavy traffic it differs for everyone.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/3...2a8faa9f49.jpg
http://www.edmunds.com/media/advice/...bumper.500.jpg

Like I said it depends on the driver defiantion of what Heavy Traffic is for ItalionStallion The OP's(w211 beast) heavy traffic coudve been his light traffic lol.

Last edited by Gondon; 05-13-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW and Mercedes
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Or really elderly folks who shouldn't be driving...
True
Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Almost a Member!

99 CLK320
In this instance you didn't have the selfishness and stupidity of the F-car driver.
+1 anyone can change lanes no driving skill involved. Not to high-jack the thread but reminds me of this time a Accord V6'er offered me $50 to race him through traffic. Claimed he had "madd skillz" in driving and could weave in and out of traffic like no other. I lol'd

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Damn I Suck... Charcoal F-car Vert