Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK55 bully

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Ok slow slushbox Benz. You know your on a Benz website Tell that to all the AMG guys You are so ignorant about 350zs so dont even go there. I had reall life experiences with them. So stick to your Audis. BTW if you make as much $ as my Supervisor postion. Why don't you get a decent car?
Struck a nerve there Jon?

I do realize I'm on a Benz forum, my father owns a ML55, I'm entitled. I like the car, but doesn't change the fact that its a under engineered, and a unreliable piece of crap. It was a nice try from Mercedes, but it doesn't change the fact that its weak sauce with a big motor in it.

350z's are trash, I said it before and ill say it again. They're entry level sports cars. Your real life experience still doesn't change the fact that you're a tool bench racer.

As far as my car situation, my Audi's are toys, easy to make fast, fun to work on, while the car remains luxurious and comfortable. Easily better than a crap interior, underpowered wanna be M3.

Right now I can afford to purchase a car at nearly the 35k mark, which puts me right into a bracket for really nice cars. But seeing I have school, aspirations to buy my own apartment, and other pressing priorities I rather have a cheap toy for thrills.

What can you afford Jon? Oh wait I know, a 20k used slush box Slow Benz.

Want to entertain the forum some more?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Another thing I young guy going for a Masters degree and driving like a idiot on public streets? Not to bright.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
No need to waste time on a kid
Old 06-27-2008, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
No need to waste time on a kid
Epic response. Further just proves my numerous points. Quit "wasting time" and go deliver some mail Postman, got a schedule to keep .
Old 06-27-2008, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Epic response. Further just proves my numerous points. Quit "wasting time" and go deliver some mail Postman, got a schedule to keep .
Deliver what mail? You think supervisors deliver mail? So ignorant
What points did you cover? It just goes right over me like you said
Old 06-27-2008, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh lets see.. I have a house,my future wife,no debt,decent job with great benefits. Oh I forgot my used CLK55 slushbox and old C36. Now Miltant Gt whats your stats? The bottom line is car is a car. So buying a new AMG which I could buy now is not wise. Its overpriced and depreciates half in 4yrs. Thats why I bought the overpriced CLK55 used.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:56 PM

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
2002 CLK55
Struck a nerve there Jon?

I do realize I'm on a Benz forum, my father owns a ML55, I'm entitled. I like the car, but doesn't change the fact that its a under engineered, and a unreliable piece of crap. It was a nice try from Mercedes, but it doesn't change the fact that its weak sauce with a big motor in it.

350z's are trash, I said it before and ill say it again. They're entry level sports cars. Your real life experience still doesn't change the fact that you're a tool bench racer.

As far as my car situation, my Audi's are toys, easy to make fast, fun to work on, while the car remains luxurious and comfortable. Easily better than a crap interior, underpowered wanna be M3.

Right now I can afford to purchase a car at nearly the 35k mark, which puts me right into a bracket for really nice cars. But seeing I have school, aspirations to buy my own apartment, and other pressing priorities I rather have a cheap toy for thrills.

What can you afford Jon? Oh wait I know, a 20k used slush box Slow Benz.

Want to entertain the forum some more?
hey bro, are you tryin to rip john or other AMG owners. Audi makes great car but just like Mercdedes they are not perfect. not having a manual sucks, but that doesn't make it a piece of sh*t.

and why are u guys talking about what jobs u have. this is a car forum. maybe just talk about cars
Old 06-27-2008, 02:34 PM

CLK 430
+1
Old 06-27-2008, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by Quant
hey bro, are you tryin to rip john or other AMG owners. Audi makes great car but just like Mercdedes they are not perfect. not having a manual sucks, but that doesn't make it a piece of sh*t.

and why are u guys talking about what jobs u have. this is a car forum. maybe just talk about cars
I'm sorry to say that, but you must admit that the quality on these cars was pretty damn bad. Not calling them a piece of sh*t, but for a brand that sees itself as the best in the world they would've been Much better.

But let me just brush through the ML55 for instance.

Terribly unreliable, Everything from a failed steering rack at 60k miles to two, thats right TWO failed ESP modules. Got a whole stack of bills on numerous stupid electrical problems. Mind you, I know 3 other ML55 owners personally which had just as bad problems as my did.

ML430 brakes on a AMG model. (leads to brakes lasting a mere 11-14k miles)
ML430 engine mounts on AMG model. (Leads to premature engine mount failure because of excessive torque)
Car suffers from tracking issue, does not take much to get pulled to the left or right. Weighted Sluggish steering

The list goes on and on.

Everything from poor materials and parts to poor design. (ML63 is what the 55 should've been from the beginning, even at the Jersey Mercedes sponsored AMG meet it was admitted by Mercedes that the ML55 was just a half a$sed product.)

When you compare it to its lead competitor at the time the 4.6is / 4.8is these cars didn't suffer from these issues, because they were redesigned from the ground up unlike the ML.

Not to mention that all AMG's depreciate much faster than similar performance vehicles from other German brands. (hence postmen like Jon can pick em up CHEAP!)

Mind you, I'm just using the ML as an example, I'm sure if I spent a few minutes in the other sections, I'd dig up plenty of drawbacks and issues with AMG's of the same generation as my ML55.

Believe me, I respect AMG cars, especially more so the current ones, great luxury cruisers with plenty of power under the hood, for people who like comfortable cars with a kick. They're getting there, thats for sure. Far from BMW's or Audi's ideology of a pure unadulterated sport cars though.

I didn't begin the entire job debacle. Jon needed to be put back in his place.

You need to get a real job!
As for calling CLK's slow, thats more to get on Jon's nerves, and so that he learns to quick bench racing. Because every other post he makes, has numbers of X car vs Y car and then a out of his a$$ "fact" that explains why one is faster than the other. Spend two minutes on looking at his posts in his profile, its quite the comedy show.

Hope you didn't forget about this thread now, the guy really does not get it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/kill-stories/248308-picked-up-some-donuts-coffee-jons95c36amg.html

A few minutes or hours from now, hes going to come back to this thread with yet another lame response, I have my money bet on it.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:48 PM

2002 CLK55
i kind of agree with you - i can easily write a book about what AMG/Merc did wrong or can improve on. i spend so much time and money on the car that i drives me crazy. but i still like it

anyway, maybe u and jon should race each other at e-town. i'm pretty sure a lot of ppl here will love to see that.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:50 PM

2002 CLK55
dude sorry about ur A4 - just read that it was totalled. i hope u didn't put a lot of money in the car. what do u plan to replace it with?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
dude sorry about ur A4 - just read that it was totalled. i hope u didn't put a lot of money in the car. what do u plan to replace it with?
An S4 with a fully built 1.8t race motor. Stroked 2.0 liter 35r turbo with a minimum WHP goal of 500 to all 4 wheels on low boost. Turbo is capable of over 650whp, it wouldn't be even remotely fair to race him as the car would take him in any gear.

The motor is already being built.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:04 PM

2002 CLK55
An S4 with a fully built 1.8t race motor. Stroked 2.0 liter 35r turbo with a minimum WHP goal of 500 to all 4 wheels on low boost. Turbo is capable of over 650whp, it wouldn't be even remotely fair to race him as the car would take him in any gear.

cool - post pics here when ur done
Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The reason why I'm talking about job status is because this idiot puts so much emphasis on a piece of metal Obviously he needs to grow up. I'm not going to spend over $60k for a new AMG,or other high performance car when it loses its value like there is no tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm sorry to say that, but you must admit that the quality on these cars was pretty damn bad. Not calling them a piece of sh*t, but for a brand that sees itself as the best in the world they would've been Much better.

Terribly unreliable, Everything from a failed steering rack at 60k miles to two, thats right TWO failed ESP modules. Got a whole stack of bills on numerous stupid electrical problems. Mind you, I know 3 other ML55 owners personally which had just as bad problems as my did.

ML430 engine mounts on AMG model. (Leads to premature engine mount failure because of excessive torque)
Car suffers from tracking issue, does not take much to get pulled to the left or right. Weighted Sluggish steering

The list goes on and on.

Everything from poor materials and parts to poor design. (ML63 is what the 55 should've been from the beginning, even at the Jersey Mercedes sponsored AMG meet it was admitted by Mercedes that the ML55 was just a half a$sed product.)

When you compare it to its lead competitor at the time the 4.6is / 4.8is these cars didn't suffer from these issues, because they were redesigned from the ground up unlike the ML.

Not to mention that all AMG's depreciate much faster than similar performance vehicles from other German brands. (hence postmen like Jon can pick em up CHEAP!)

Mind you, I'm just using the ML as an example, I'm sure if I spent a few minutes in the other sections, I'd dig up plenty of drawbacks and issues with AMG's of the same generation as my ML55.

Believe me, I respect AMG cars, especially more so the current ones, great luxury cruisers with plenty of power under the hood, for people who like comfortable cars with a kick. They're getting there, thats for sure. Far from BMW's or Audi's ideology of a pure unadulterated sport cars though.

As for calling CLK's slow, thats more to get on Jon's nerves, and so that he learns to quick bench racing. Because every other post he makes, has numbers of X car vs Y car and then a out of his a$$ "fact" that explains why one is faster than the other. Spend two minutes on looking at his posts in his profile, its quite the comedy show.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248308

A few minutes or hours from now, hes going to come back to this thread with yet another lame response, I have my money bet on it.
Who cares if the ML55 has issues its not even yours! So again whats your status on life? Like I said before car is a piece of metal.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 188 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Gotta' disagree with ya' there bud. They are pretty good handling cars with a decent amount of power. And once you enter the realm of forced induction, their performance escalates from decent to quite noteworthy. Plus, I don't see them having any of the electrical problems prone to B5's. You want to bash some guy, great, but be more objective when discussing the cars.

Speaking generally, these personal attacks regarding income and what you can afford is juvenile at best. Also, and this is aimed at you Jon, the only prerequisites for being viewed positively in a car forum is a love of automobiles and intelligent, contributive commentary. M-G is as welcome as anyone else, regardless of what car he personally drives now. And this is Kill Stories, not a model specific sub-forum, meaning the real world performance of various makes and models are discussed here.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You been talking about building this super hp Audi for the last yr Obviously you have $ issues. For a guy who has nothing in life has alot of crap to say Your just a teenage kid who needs to grow up So hows YOUR DADDYS ML55 doing?
Old 06-27-2008, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
You been talking about building this super hp Audi for the last yr Obviously you have $ issues. For a guy who has nothing in life has alot of crap to say Your just a teenage kid who needs to grow up So hows YOUR DADDYS ML55 doing?
The irony is that I can say the same for you. Let's stick to cars and leave people's personal lives out of this.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HLG600
Gotta' disagree with ya' there bud. They are pretty good handling cars with a decent amount of power. And once you enter the realm of forced induction, their performance escalates from decent to quite noteworthy. Plus, I don't see them having any of the electrical problems prone to B5's. You want to bash some guy, great, but be more objective when discussing the cars.

Speaking generally, these personal attacks regarding income and what you can afford is juvenile at best. Also, and this is aimed at you Jon, the only prerequisites for being viewed positively in a car forum is a love of automobiles and intelligent, contributive commentary. M-G is as welcome as anyone else, regardless of what car he personally drives now. And this is Kill Stories, not a model specific sub-forum, meaning the real world performance of various makes and models are discussed here.
Thanks for backing me up about the 350zs. Which he says its a piece of **** right from the begining. Milit gt got into the personal stuff first. You sound like a mature guy unlike this immature kid
Old 06-27-2008, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The irony is that I can say the same for you. Let's stick to cars and leave people's personal lives out of this.
I agree but he crosses the line about getting personal. He thinks a car makes a person
Old 06-27-2008, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Thanks for backing me up about the 350zs. Which he says its a piece of **** right from the begining. Milit gt got into the personal stuff first. You sound like a mature guy unlike this immature kid
Point is, is that both of you fellas are being immature by feeding off each other's insults. Internet fights are nothing but silly. Both of you need to give it a rest, and go enjoy your AMG's.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Point is, is that both of you fellas are being immature by feeding off each other's insults. Internet fights are nothing but silly. Both of you need to give it a rest, and go enjoy your AMG's.
Yes I do enjoy my AMGs! Unlike the other guy who has to get permission from his daddy! Oops!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:08 PM

2002 CLK55
+1

ppl if u want to bash each other's cars thats fine. just dont make it personal.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3

The list goes on and on.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248308

I would like to point out that... my ML55 has been pretty rock solid reliability and my brakes are now going on I would like to say 40k miles, aaaand I dont even believe it...

but then again, I have never worn out a set of pads in 8k miles either, hehe
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Money issues LOL.
My car was totaled moron. I was set back to the beginning, don't worry once I get another chassis, I'll gladly race you at the E-Town for any sum of money, thats unless you don't have the *****.

My previous chassis was refitted with track ready components, and larger brakes, not to mention that the week of the accident I had an appointment with a machine shop to take my car off the road.

Second of all, I take care of the ML, most of the maintenance comes out of my pocket, out of my earned money. Not to mention I use the car 5 days out of the week.

Mind you Jon, I'm half your age, in the next coming years ill be in a much better position than you, and certainly not driving 8 / 13 year old AMG's which I can afford right now.

Like I said in a previous post, I have other plans with the money, hence I dunno where you get the entire idea of me just focusing on a car.

I guess your high school diploma did not encompass reading comprehension. Not to mention a well paying job

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK55 bully