Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Audi A6 V10 vs C32 AMG - not kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
Audi A6 V10 vs C32 AMG - not kill

I don't want to be a tease or waste your time. If you want to read about a triumphant kill, exit now. No kill, no race, nada, sorry. I just had a question.

How does a lightly modded C32 (pulley & C3P intake) fare against a A6 with the 5.2liter V10? That is a 4200 lb 429hp car, which by my count should be a close one. I ask cause, most times, I am up for some aggressive play with cars like that. I have had few opportunities to really test the C32 since adding the pulley. Until last week when as I headed out toward the autobahn I saw a black A6 V10 pull out behind me. He was not aggressive and took a long time to catch up despite me lagging in wait. When I got on the open road, he finally slowly caught up. I would have liked to play with the guy some but my wife and daughter were behind me in our SUV with my 16 yr old daughter (learner's permit only) driving. I did not want to run off and leave them or set a bad example for my impressionable young daughter who is already too prone to want to drive fast. Still, this appears to be a local car and with some luck I will encounter him again soon, with fangs out, lol.

I was a little surprised to see the V10 badges on the fenders behind the front wheels. I always thought that the V10 only went into the S6 or RS6? This car was clearly marked A6 on the rear. I dunno. It was one of the newer Audis with the led looking row of daytime running lights under the headlights. Good looking car in Black.

What do you lads think, should I leave him alone or not?

Irish
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Sounds like a poseur. You said the LEDs were below the headlights, on the S6 they are set very low by the fog lights. Did it have four small tail pipes like the S6?

C32 should fair fairly well, especially from a roll. In fact I'd say across the board it'd be pretty even and that's if it were a real one. It's most likely a 3.2 V6 (c.260bhp) or at worst a 4.2 V8 (c.340bhp) so you'll have no worries.

The S6 is nowhere near it's competitors (E55/63, M5) as regards speed, and only makes sense in wet or snowy parts of the country. I really like Audi and would be driving the V10 RS6 had they brought it over but this S6 is way too slow. I had one a few months back merge that was going a fair clip but he tucked in behind when he saw me, at least he knew better than the masses of 335 or 350Z drivers out there.

Last edited by Carl Lassiter; 02-27-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:43 AM

SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
V10's

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Sounds like a poseur. You said the LEDs were below the headlights, on the S6 they are set very low by the fog lights. Did it have four small tail pipes like the S6?
The LED's or whatever it was using for daytime running lights were set very low. My description was lacking. They were down near the bottom of the front air dam well below the headlight near the openings that bring in air for the front brakes. As for the exhaust? I don't recall if it had 4 pipes or 2 as I was looking at other parts of the car. What I do not recall seeing was any S6 or RS6 badging on the front or rear. I did see clearly an A6 badge on the right rear. It was a sharp car. I have always liked the S4/S6 cars. They seemed less conservative than some of the MB models. Willing to use turbos and stick shifts, DOHC engines and wild colors like Red/Blue/Yellow. The S4 V8 in Blue is one of the coolest looking Euro sports sedans out there.

Irish
Old 02-28-2009, 11:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32, 2007 E550 4matic
It does sound like you saw an S6. It would have the LEDs and the V10 badges. However, it would have the S6 badge and not an A6 one. The first time I saw the V10 badge, I wanted to pull my puny A6 over out of pure intimidation. Check the link to see if the one you saw resembled it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCjZ9x4zL9k
Old 03-07-2009, 10:06 AM

Audi V10

I think you are right. I spotted the black Audi again yesterday in my home town. It is obviously a local car. But I was on my bicycle (not too easy to run him down, lol). I was meeting head on with the Audi and as it passed, I twisted around to take another look at the rear of the car. I only got a glimpse of it but I did see the red "S" badge on the left rear this time (not sure how I missed that last time). I tried to look for the A6 badge on the right rear and could not see it. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me on that one. I did not think to look at the exhaust and he disappeared over a little hill too quickly to take another look. My look was too fleeting to determine with certainty if it was an S6 or RS6 but if I am correctly informed, the RS6 did not come to the USA? is that correct? I'm no Audi expert, just parrotting what I was told. Pretty car.

Irish
Old 03-07-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
The only RS6 in the U.S. is from 2003 (one year run), previous generation. The current A6 body only has the S6 in the U.S. They need to bring the twin-turbo V10 RS6 over!