Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Stock E55 vs 03-04 Cobra with bigger pulley!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Max.H
Yea, its sad. Most of the GTR owners act weird. No offense to you Vic. I have ran into 4 of them already with my car and a friends. They have been hyped up so much, the owners think they think they are invincible and can smoke everyone. Like a Z06 for example.
True..this guy I raced was a very aggressive driver and it took us over 20 minutes to line up with this guy, very frustrating. On every single opportunity the guy would just floor it and not slow down for the race. He obviously knew I was there because every time he floored it I was right there in back of him. Finally I found a opening and got around the guy and eventually in front of him. Once in front of him I forced him to slow down with my buddy Blueknight yelling out the window "let's run...(cars slowing down) we'll go on the third honk... Beep..oh ***** he jumped"...LOL! It was very excilerating and time flew by with us chasing him down. Good times....
Old 06-03-2009, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Thanks!

Bassn 07, and a host of other E55's ran very strong that day in less then ideal track conditions. That was certainly a great day of racing! Cant wait to do it again.
Max, I heard about your car running in the 11's that day...very, very impressive. Conditions were less than ideal that day but yet everyone seemed to prevail and come out with a PB. Next time let's make sure to meet up and BS a little. There were so many people I didn't get a chance to meet...that's what happens when you're a nobody... LOL. I wish that I would've met more people that day but with this being my 1st track day I was consumed with all the excitement.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Z06, 2006 Touareg V8, 1999 A4 1.8t, 1997 M3
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Yeah...I was there and my car is black. I don't about being pretty damn quick but my car go into the 11.4's...
That's still quick

I was in the silver S4... trying to figure out why my car was running like crap! I was pretty frustrated to pay the $80 or whatever to get in and only get three runs. Didn't realize until after I left that I wasn't running nearly enough octane for my race file :-/

Couldn't muster better than a 12.6@116 with a terrible 2.0 60'. I had no problems cutting 1.7s at LACR with 100 hp less...

Anyhow, do you guys ever make it out to road courses or do you limit it to drags? Post up before the next time you go out to either one... would be fun to come join you guys again... hopefully with a better running car
Old 06-03-2009, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Max, I heard about your car running in the 11's that day...very, very impressive. Conditions were less than ideal that day but yet everyone seemed to prevail and come out with a PB. Next time let's make sure to meet up and BS a little. There were so many people I didn't get a chance to meet...that's what happens when you're a nobody... LOL. I wish that I would've met more people that day but with this being my 1st track day I was consumed with all the excitement.

Thank's bassn 07! Your 124mph trap and 11.40 run is far from shabby dude! I think I talked to you for a brief minute. Did you have the upper grill removed? I want to do the same next time but, with air scoops. I know what you mean. I saw jackpro1, but, found out who he was after he left.

BTW I hate when people want to play cat and mouse instead of slow down and get a good run.

We should hang next time for sure! What are are you from?

twentyvalveb5. I would love to make it out to road course but don't have the car for it anymore. Drag is fun because you can sit back and bs or run your friends, settle grudge matches, and compare times with others. RR is more involved and seems to be a personal thing IMO. Not so much a group activity. I could be wrong completely wrong though.

Last edited by Max.H; 06-03-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Thanks Max. Nah...it wasn't me with the grill off. I was hanging around Chiromikey and Benzgal for a while but mostly watching the cars run.

Damn Max, I just noticed your from Irvine. My wifes brother lives there and we are always down that way. He lives near Trabucco and Jeffery. Her 2 sisters also live in Mission Viejo and Carslbad. We should definitely meet up the next time I'm down.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Thanks Max. Nah...it wasn't me with the grill off. I was hanging around Chiromikey and Benzgal for a while but mostly watching the cars run.

Damn Max, I just noticed your from Irvine. My wifes brother lives there and we are always down that way. He lives near Trabucco and Jeffery. Her 2 sisters also live in Mission Viejo and Carslbad. We should definitely meet up the next time I'm down.
Woodbury? I see a lot of nice cars in Irvine. Lots of knuckle heads like to come out and play too.

I'm down with that!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Yes. It seems the cobra's don't have a sc clutch like the E55. So, you would decrease the size of the sc pulley to increase boost. Stock they boost 13 psi. Most guys run about 19 psi with a larger pulley.

Thanks for clarification Jons95c36amg.
Stock they boost 8.5 lbs max and the smallest blower pulley will yield 15lbs max, I know because I have owned 4 of them
Old 06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Stock they boost 8.5 lbs max and the smallest blower pulley will yield 15lbs max, I know because I have owned 4 of them
I was told they can creep to 10 psi on a really cold day stock. I saw a pulley kit on some svt site that claimed 19 psi. Either way 15 psi is no joke either.

4 terminators ? I want one in charcoal grey and I will be happy.

Last edited by Max.H; 06-03-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Yea, its sad. Most of the GTR owners act weird. No offense to you Vic. I have ran into 4 of them already with my car and a friends. They have been hyped up so much, the owners think they think they are invincible and can smoke everyone. Like a Z06 for example.
Perceptions Perceptions-- not everyone has a jock itch to race like you and I Max

Ill tell you this, a stock GT-R will rock from a dig like I have said over and over. A modded GT-R will be a different story even up top.

Have you driven one yet? Try it out and try it out in places where turning is required.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Vic55
Perceptions Perceptions-- not everyone has a jock itch to race like you and I Max

Ill tell you this, a stock GT-R will rock from a dig like I have said over and over. A modded GT-R will be a different story even up top.

Have you driven one yet? Try it out and try it out in places where turning is required.
I know, I know... It's hard to communicate to a person on the road, that you just want to engage in a friendly sprint as enthusiasts.

I know that too. 0-100 is my domain. Maybe, that's why I am biased... New car in town that is faster and just ***** on my parade.

Haven't had the pleasure yet. I have been inside one and it feels really good. I can only imagine how it handles. Finally, a car that can take you from a dig and call you out in the twisties .
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by jturkel
stock huh? wow. you must have a very quick stocker.....a cobra with "just" a pulley can trap 115 - 119+ depending on the size of the s/c pulley (non vert).
I was thinking that too. Made me wonder about something. I talked to an older guy with just a pulley swap and NO tune who runs the car in the Silver State Classic.

I'm wondering if this guy also left about 40hp+ on the table by not doing intake, exhaust and dyno tune? Otherwise they are up to 470rwhp and I would guess more like 117-120mph cars.

Add the driver mod and that could make all the difference alone.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
Nice run Max! Those Stangs are quick, especially if they run smaller pulleys or Kenne Bell blowers. I would like to see a stage 5 E55 run one of the Super Snake Shelbys (700 HP).
Old 06-06-2009, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by bbearden
Nice run Max! Those Stangs are quick, especially if they run smaller pulleys or Kenne Bell blowers. I would like to see a stage 5 E55 run one of the Super Snake Shelbys (700 HP).
My god they are monsters. I know... Cobra + kenne bell blower kit and it's a done deal! They sound insane!!! Hmmm I will smoke new shelby because they are hard to launch.