Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

my S65 and a C5 heads/cam Z06.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 S63, lowered
my S65 and a C5 heads/cam Z06.....

I was leaving the gym the other day and as I was pulling out there was a heads/cam Z06 (C5) leaving just in front of me. We both went right and I had to chase him down after getting jammed in traffic pulling out. I got next to him on a 3 lane feeder road and blipped the throttle from 2nd gear.....no bite. The passenger was laughing and pointing at me. This guy still had the shoe polished track numbers on his car from 4 nights before....and he woundn't race me?? Whatever.....

Then, as I'm sitting waiting to go 'straight' through the next light, he goes by my drivers side door and motions "come on" in the rear view as he heads for the U-turn lane......Ok, I'll bite. I immediately jump over and follow him, make a U-turn behind him.....he waited for me to get next to him. His speed was too fast for my 1st and too slow for my 2nd, but I decided to go with 1st. We went (my jump) and my car almost immediately hits the limiter, falls on its face, then shifts to second.....his car made more racket than the local moving truck coming to a stop.....he makes up about half a car while I hit the limiter and then we seemed to be dead even before we had to get out of it. This was a short one.....basically to the top of 2nd.

I u-turn and we went for #2....this time both prepared and I'm in 2nd....he gives me the move and in 2nd I put nothing on him and he makes up nothing, I hit 3rd and about halfway through 3rd I start slowly pulling him (maybe a 3rd of a car?), then at the top we got out of it as he finishes on my rear bumper.

It was a nasty, nasty sounding heads/cam Z, black, lowered, etc.....I could hear it loping as we waited on traffic to clear before our first run.....truly a fine lookin car. He was a nice guy for sure....gave me thumbs up after the last one, rolled down his window and said "man, that thing's pretty fast"......

I'll see him at the gym again soon, I'm sure of it.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by Busa196
I was leaving the gym the other day and as I was pulling out there was a heads/cam Z06 (C5) leaving just in front of me. We both went right and I had to chase him down after getting jammed in traffic pulling out. I got next to him on a 3 lane feeder road and blipped the throttle from 2nd gear.....no bite. The passenger was laughing and pointing at me. This guy still had the shoe polished track numbers on his car from 4 nights before....and he woundn't race me?? Whatever.....

Then, as I'm sitting waiting to go 'straight' through the next light, he goes by my drivers side door and motions "come on" in the rear view as he heads for the U-turn lane......Ok, I'll bite. I immediately jump over and follow him, make a U-turn behind him.....he waited for me to get next to him. His speed was too fast for my 1st and too slow for my 2nd, but I decided to go with 1st. We went (my jump) and my car almost immediately hits the limiter, falls on its face, then shifts to second.....his car made more racket than the local moving truck coming to a stop.....he makes up about half a car while I hit the limiter and then we seemed to be dead even before we had to get out of it. This was a short one.....basically to the top of 2nd.

I u-turn and we went for #2....this time both prepared and I'm in 2nd....he gives me the move and in 2nd I put nothing on him and he makes up nothing, I hit 3rd and about halfway through 3rd I start slowly pulling him (maybe a 3rd of a car?), then at the top we got out of it as he finishes on my rear bumper.

It was a nasty, nasty sounding heads/cam Z, black, lowered, etc.....I could hear it loping as we waited on traffic to clear before our first run.....truly a fine lookin car. He was a nice guy for sure....gave me thumbs up after the last one, rolled down his window and said "man, that thing's pretty fast"......

That's a nice kill! fortunatly for you, you found a Z06 to race, unfortunatly for me I am still looking for 65 AMG's . Have you raced any C6Z06's?
Old 06-13-2009, 12:43 PM

2018 S63, lowered
Originally Posted by kindafast
That's a nice kill! fortunatly for you, you found a Z06 to race, unfortunatly for me I am still looking for 65 AMG's . Have you raced any C6Z06's?
Nope, I haven't- but, I've tried twice and both times it was older folk who had no interest. I'd lose with a C6Z from a roll, but would love to do it just to to see the difference. I think it would be more interesting from a dig.....although the Z would eventually come around me, I think it would take more pavement than the avg Z owner would suspect
Old 06-13-2009, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
OOC, is your car still stock like your sig suggests? And if so, why?

Thanks for sharing btw.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
Thanks for sharing
Old 06-13-2009, 04:29 PM

2018 S63, lowered
Yes, it's stock.....
Old 06-13-2009, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Nice run! That Vette driver never saw it coming!
Old 06-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
Old 06-14-2009, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
Nope, I haven't- but, I've tried twice and both times it was older folk who had no interest. I'd lose with a C6Z from a roll, but would love to do it just to to see the difference. I think it would be more interesting from a dig.....although the Z would eventually come around me, I think it would take more pavement than the avg Z owner would suspect

I think it will be closer than that. To be honest I would expect a well driven 65 (AC off, driver knowing from which gear to launch) should pull ona C6Z with the 100hp advantage.

Not trying to steal the thread, but have you seen this vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9tQUgrO1yE

haha yeah! don't you just hate how old people drive nice cars and never wana race!? Such a shame!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo

Sounds like fun! I'm shocked @ your stock 1/4 ET & esp TRAP
Current:
2006 S65 - 11.54@122 100% stock on DR's
That is bar-none the fastest/quickest STOCK S65 on the planet, I'd love to see your results after ECU tune...

The average S600/S65 after ECU/TCU run 11.40-11.70 @ 120-122mph

The Fastest Tuned/Airbox/100-105 octane S65 is RENNtech'd in #1 spot...
1) 11.069*+^ 128.716 7.139 99.215 1.673 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG RENNtech 2006 Roger Ver

Stock run average 12.40-11.9x @ 118+mph your Drag rad's if anything will improve your ET but lower your Final Trap speed, you have a Factory Freak

Stock records from Dragtimes...
4) 11.975# 118.250 7.795 90.210 1.876 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG 2006 John B
5) 12.410*# 118.020 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG 2007 NA

Last edited by Thericker; 06-14-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Finally a stock 65 that runs what I knew it can run with DR. Great kill!