Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C63 vs 411rwhp Mustang Mach 1 with Nitrous

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 - C63 Black/Black
C63 vs 411rwhp Mustang Mach 1 with Nitrous

Hello everyone…

I was driving home today from BestBuy and this guy gets on my butt tail with a Mustang. The guy was so close that all I could see was the windshield. My rear tires are past the wear bars but I got on it a bit and pulled on him some until the tires started spinning.

The guy in the mustang pulls up next to me at the next light and says, “I thought you would pull on you more than that!”

I told him I didn’t have any rear traction and I would have pulled on him more but my tires need replaced.. He taunted me and said we should run from 60mph on up!

I wasn’t going to turn down an offer like this from a guy with a Mustang so I said ok lets go back up to the highway. I have great respect for American cars and I used to own a 1990 Mustang 5.0 LX so I know they can be fast and are certainly lighter than my 4,100 lb Mercedes.

First let me say that we waited until the lanes were clear of traffic before proceeding… I know there are a few people on this site that have issues with high speeds… Please stop reading if you are one of them!!!!

We then proceeded to go towards the highway to run from 60mph on up and then suddenly he pulls into a parking lot right before the entrance ramp of the highway. I follow him into the parking lot and asked if everything is ok and he says, “Yea but I need to turn on my nitrous and re-flash my ecu”. I was like oh crap what the f^&* does this guy have and what did I get myself into? So I asked him what he’s pulling with the nitrous and he says with the current mods and the 100 hp nitrous bottle he has, “411rwhp and 345rwtq”.

I told him that I also had a tune (MHP V3) and I dyno’d at 424 rwhp and 390 rwtq. I thought to myself this is going to be a close race and I better win!

We get out on the highway and proceed to roll up to about 65mph and then he honks his horn 3 times. I have the C63 in Sport mode and in 3rd gear ready to go! As soon as the horns honks the 3rd time the Mustang immediately pulls on me about 5 feet and then the C63 come to life and reels in the stang and then continues to pull on the Mustang.

I’m not going to say how fast I was going I but the guy driving the Mustang said he hit 139mph and at that point I was about 3 ˝ car lengths ahead of him with much more velocity.

The Mustang weighs about 600lbs lighter than the Merc so I was not sure how this was going to turn out but I overcame the immediate Nitrous “boost” and then pulled on him about 3 ˝ car lengths.

The C63 is scary FAST!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Mustang dyno #'s are usually inflated or their the power delivery to the wheels sucks. I've raced 2 500+whp Mustangs and a 480whp Cobra. Pulled each one confidently before even hitting 100. (In the Z06).

Don't let a Mustang's dyno # scare you.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:58 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Nice kill for the C63 brother-hood
Old 12-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
Since the race the chap said he was down on his bottle. Something about it being 60% full and that's why he wasn’t creating as much power as he should have. I’m not familiar with Nitrous, but whatever.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:06 PM

Charger SRT-8
Nice run - I would have expected the outcome, especially considering the gearing of both cars. I wonder what speed he hit 4th in....??

Curious, your tuned torque figure is lower than I would have thought. Is that normal for the 6.3 (6.2, whatever) multi-valve motor? Guess I'm spoiled but am missing a couple of gear ratios...

Originally Posted by kindafast
Mustang dyno #'s are usually inflated or their the power delivery to the wheels sucks.
That is nonsense unless inflated by the owner's mouth. What you experienced has nothing to do whatsoever with the statement above.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
Deuuune.. Wanted to follow up with you on your post..

I'm not sure what gear he was in but he told me that he hit about 139mph before he let up. Once I saw that I was in front of him a bit I let up and looked down at the speedo and saw 158mph. This was the fastest I had ever been and what was scary about it was that it only took a few seconds to reach that speed… I had about a 20mph gain over the Mustang.

Yes the 6.3l has 4 valves per cylinder (32v) but the numbers are true rwhp and rwtq (dyno) and not flywheel.

If you assume a 20% drive line loss, my true flywheel #'s are 530hp & 487tq. Stock numbers are 451hp and 443tq.

I see that you have a Charger SRT 8 with the big hemi I assume? Great cars to modify.. Nice American muscle... Almost the same size motor as mine and what I like most is that it’s normally aspirated and not some supercharger.

One thing that I realized from my post that I forgot to mention was that I actually transposed the Mustangs tq numbers. He actually had 435tq but I posted 345tq… The nitrous bottle gives these cars tons of immediate tq and that’s why he pulled on me for the first few seconds.

My favorite product with the Hemi is the Jeep SRT8. Mean truck and I think with the same motor as yours.. The Jeep has something like 420hp and 420tq…

Have fun and be safe..

Btw - Really nice hp and tq numbers. What have you done to your car to get such a good quarter mile time and trap speed?

Last edited by c63beastdriver; 12-18-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:38 PM

Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by c63beastdriver
Deuuune.. Wanted to follow up with you on your post..

If you assume a 20% drive line loss, my true flywheel #'s are 530hp & 487tq. Stock numbers are 451hp and 443tq.

Btw - Really nice hp and tq numbers. What have you done to your car to get such a good quarter mile time and trap speed?
Thanks. I would figure 16% - 17.5% drivetrain loss on a modern automatic like yours or even mine. 20% is just too high for modern RWD powertrains.

My car has CAI, manifold spacers, tstat, high-flow cats/catback and Diablosport dyno tuned.

On a good air day, similar tuned SRT-8s have trapped 113/114mph so I'm pretty happy with it.