Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 gets into fight with multiple BMWs...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' BMW M3
Originally Posted by Improviz
You were responding to my post and wrote that "my 07 e350 got you beat with .26 son!".

Who cares?

Who cares? I've got nearly double your horsepower, that extra point or two isn't going to be of much help there.

Good for you. Interest? That would require a loan, which I'm afraid that I don't have, on either the CLS, the 08 ML that I bought my wife brand new, nor the 07 Volvo S60, nor any other item I own, save for my home.

....we can all see you're a big man on campus...cut the kid some slack..he was just talking drag....not literally
Old 02-18-2010, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Phin
....we can all see you're a big man on campus...cut the kid some slack..he was just talking drag....not literally
Great, and when he knows something about physics, drag force, aerodynamics, and how they apply to vehicle acceleration at triple digit speeds, he can start lecturing me on the Cds of vehicles and calling me "son".

Just as when he starts bragging about how he owns his car outright and implying that I don't, he can learn a lesson about comparing financial d!ck sizes.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:12 PM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
alright let me set this straight, i didn't mean to use you as a reply. i clicked your "quote button" or whatever.

you seem like an angry old man, going through a mid life crisis man. if you want to talk about it im here for you. I didn't mean any disrespect, but if you keep e thugging it ive taken out young iraqi kids harder than you. i really don't mean to start stuff man. ive done a lot of stuff i wish i hadn't in iraq, and it sucks. Im on the bad karma side now sir, i don't need any more. and this is with all respect due no offense or anything like that. hopefully you don't take this personally.

you took something as simple as me stating my drag coefficient was somethign to brag about. AND i quote. i said "i got you beat son!" and that was not directed at you, it was directed at the c32 and the m6. so don't be quick to jump on somebody especially on the internet, everyone is here to have fun.

and if your in southern california id love to buy you a beer man. seriously.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by infantry
alright let me set this straight, i didn't mean to use you as a reply. i clicked your "quote button" or whatever.
Well, see, that's the way these forums work: it's like a conversation. So, if you reply to a post of mine, I'm going to assume it was addressed to me.

you seem like an angry old man, going through a mid life crisis man.
Not really, just don't appreciate lectures on subjects about which I've probably forgotten more than you know, i.e. the physics of drag racing (if you search the forums, you'll find that I did a comparo of the aerodynamics of a C32 vs an E39 M5 up high, and that I know whereof I speak when it comes to this stuff). However, I'd say that you're a pretty angry young man, and it's not serving you particularly well in this thread.

if you want to talk about it im here for you. I didn't mean any disrespect, but if you keep e thugging it ive taken out young iraqi kids harder than you.
And if you start making threats, you'll have a pretty short lifespan on these forums, as it's a violation of the TOU, and you'll be out of here before you know what hit you. I'm not "e thugging" anything, but I'm not about to stand for insulting remarks and/or threats either. So, if you want respect, try throwing some my way, OK? It is a two way street, and I'm pretty amicable if treated amicably.

i really don't mean to start stuff man. ive done a lot of stuff i wish i hadn't in iraq, and it sucks. Im on the bad karma side now sir, i don't need any more. and this is with all respect due no offense or anything like that. hopefully you don't take this personally.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but to me when you jump into a thread where I'm trying to contribute useful information and start calling me "son", and then implying that I have a loan on my car with absolutely no information about me whatsoever, well, exactly how did you think I'd take it??

Just as the rather off-kilter comment above about "taking out" Iraqi kids, or the uncalled-for angry old man crap isn't exactly going to endear you to me either....I mean, seriously, dude, try decaf.

you took something as simple as me stating my drag coefficient was somethign to brag about.
No, I took it as your trying to argue with my statement about the Cds of these two cars being close.

AND i quote. i said "i got you beat son!" and that was not directed at you, it was directed at the c32 and the m6. so don't be quick to jump on somebody especially on the internet, everyone is here to have fun.
Well, again: it was in response to my post. If you want to respond to them, quote their post next time. I'm commenting on the physics of these two vehicles, which doesn't merit any snide remarks about my vehicle's Cd, my financial status, my age, or anything else personal about me.

and if your in southern california id love to buy you a beer man. seriously.
I'm not.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 PM

I Love You.

Roger Sir, tracking. OUT!

Last edited by infantry; 02-18-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
posted from my iPhone Sir. thats it. it was not a threat, as i in no way said anything to harm you. now did i?
So what exactly did you mean when you wrote the following?
I didn't mean any disrespect, but if you keep e thugging it ive taken out young iraqi kids harder than you.
If that's not a threat, I'd love to hear what it is.

im not trying to create any stress.
Well, the stuff you wrote in your last post was, shall we say, pretty unfriendly...let's see how you do moving forward....

and now i look back on it, I NEVER REPLIED TO YOUR POST!. look at it again, i just purely added drag coefficients of 3 different vehicles, NONE of them were yours. i did not post anything of a CLS and your post was not quoted.
OK, I'll grant you that you didn't directly quote the post, but given that I was the only person in the thread up to that point to mention drag coefficients, and that of the three Cds you cited, two were of cars I'd mentioned, it certainly seemed that you were replying to mine....otherwise, why did you mention the Cds in what was otherwise a discussion about a race?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:59 PM

I love you, Roger Sir, i understand, i will make it happen. Tracking, Out!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I love you, Roger Sir, i understand, i will make it happen. Tracking, Out!
How 'bout we get back to discussing the race....I'd say we've ventured more than far enough out into the weeds with this one.

Last edited by Improviz; 02-19-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:12 AM

yea, id say if the c32 was driving on a flat escalator maybe the amg would win.

and like someone said, coulda been a rebadged 645. and maybe added quad tips like i see some E class owners do.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:02 AM

Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by Phin
You spoke too soon. Wow.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
You spoke too soon. Wow.
....writes the guy who's on probation, obviously for being too darn nice to people.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 AM

Charger SRT-8
....writes the guy who's on probation, obviously for being too darn nice to people.
Has nothing to do with it. But you knew that....
Old 02-19-2010, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Has nothing to do with it. But you knew that....
I know you've been picking fights with people as of late and involved in several shut-down threads, that you really don't contribute much here in terms of useful discussion and/or information, and I'd bet that the former contributed to your present state.

I also know that you've been on some sort of strange, snide-remark-making, personal vendetta against me ever since I caught you in several bizarre whoppers in the CLK550 vs E55 thread., which is kinda funny in a sad sort of way...the regulars here know what you're about, and that you'd think that you are more well-liked here than I is quite telling and amusing.

You won't be winning any popularity contests here, nor does anyone I've corresponded with regard you as being particularly knowledgeable nor helpful.

Enjoy your stay here. Personally, I'm hoping it will be a short one.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Back to the OP post guys... stay off the personals.

The OP said he started at 75 with the M6 neck and neck and started to pull on him after 130... clearly a driver or P500 error here.

I can see the OP beating the M6 from a dig and keeping the lead for a short period of time but a rolling race at 75 and keeping the same and then pulling would mean the M6 driver was not on it, running the wrong gear, running P400, or something of a combo...

It can happen... A honda Accord beat me in my M6. He chose to run the emergency lane and I chose to not run him. Does that mean he beat me? Not in my eyes as we all know who would win but I'm sure somewhere in AccordWorld.Org (just making it up) is a thread of a Honda Accord taking out an M6.

Either way, nice race and a win is a win. If an M6 driver wants to run up to 140 then he or she is racing- too bad they didnt know how to drive.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55

The OP said he started at 75 with the M6 neck and neck and started to pull on him after 130... clearly a driver or P500 error here.

I can see the OP beating the M6 from a dig and keeping the lead for a short period of time but a rolling race at 75 and keeping the same and then pulling would mean the M6 driver was not on it, running the wrong gear, running P400, or something of a combo...

It can happen... A honda Accord beat me in my M6. He chose to run the emergency lane and I chose to not run him. Does that mean he beat me? Not in my eyes as we all know who would win but I'm sure somewhere in AccordWorld.Org (just making it up) is a thread of a Honda Accord taking out an M6.

Either way, nice race and a win is a win. If an M6 driver wants to run up to 140 then he or she is racing- too bad they didnt know how to drive.
Definitely, it happens. It's amazing how many people won't bother to rtfm. If the driver didn't know to push that little button or got too cocky and thought he could win without it against this li'l Benz, he deserved what he got.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 AM

Charger SRT-8
that you really don't contribute much here in terms of useful discussion and/or information, and I'd bet that the former contributed to your present state.

You won't be winning any popularity contests here, nor does anyone I've corresponded with regard you as being particularly knowledgeable nor helpful.

Enjoy your stay here. Personally, I'm hoping it will be a short one.
How bizarre.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vic55

+infinity...great post

-Rob
Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 AM

C36 C32 E55 E36 M3
645CI has no chance in hell vs a stock c32 I even pulled on a 650i when stock let alone these c32 is modded
Old 02-20-2010, 06:51 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
lol

C63's have a hard time beating a M5 stock for stock......

what year m6 you talking about ?

are you sure you are not talking about the E24?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
i really don't mean to start stuff man. ive done a lot of stuff i wish i hadn't in iraq, and it sucks.
lol don't pull the iraq card. I've been deployed 3 times in 5 years and dont bring it up on the internet.

Roger Sir, tracking. OUT!
Too much hooah; this is a car forum.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mitato1
645CI has no chance in hell vs a stock c32 I even pulled on a 650i when stock let alone these c32 is modded
I think the consensus is that it was probably an M6 in P400 mode, i.e. the vehicle was only putting out 400 hp instead of 500.

Btw, you drive a C36, and a C32, and an E55, and an E36 M3?? Post some pics of that stable!
Old 03-06-2010, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I think the consensus is that it was probably an M6 in P400 mode, i.e. the vehicle was only putting out 400 hp instead of 500.

Btw, you drive a C36, and a C32, and an E55, and an E36 M3?? Post some pics of that stable!
Just saw this post you wrote about a dyno run in your car. A car that dynos 292 rwhp, roughly the same as a stock CLK55, would have no chance in hell against an M6 in P500 mode.

The C32 is a great car. However, it cannot overcome the laws of physics. It was either a poser, or an M6 in P400 mode, case closed.

Now then, how about some pics of all of these cars of yours? Why so many sedans?
Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Just saw this post you wrote about a dyno run in your car. A car that dynos 292 rwhp, roughly the same as a stock CLK55, would have no chance in hell against an M6 in P500 mode.

The C32 is a great car. However, it cannot overcome the laws of physics. It was either a poser, or an M6 in P400 mode, case closed.

Now then, how about some pics of all of these cars of yours? Why so many sedans?
the numbers your quoting on his post are dyno dynamics numbers. The 292rwhp your comparing from the clk are dyno jet numbers.

Dyno dynamics reads about 10-15% lower then a dyno jet. If your going to compare numbers like that you need to compare numbers based on the same dynos. Your comparison statement is mis leading.

I already posted the dynojet numbers of my car when i had the same mods as him which was 326whp on a dyno jet in that same thread.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
the numbers your quoting on his post are dyno dynamics numbers. The 292rwhp your comparing from the clk are dyno jet numbers.
Actually, he wrote that he used a Dynamite dyno, not a dyno dynamics:
Originally Posted by Koru_Kinshi
Import Auto Pros....and the results were disappointing, and leave me with more questions.

Used a Dynomite dyno machine. The best it came out with was an embarrasing 292.5 WHP, and 310.8 TQ.
Now, Import Auto Pro's website states that they use a dyno-mite chassis dyno, and in fact they use the Dyno-mite logo on their page, which says nothing about any Dyno Dynamics dyno.

In any case, as to the CLK55, I was referring to dynojet numbers, although I was also recalling this post written by AMS Performance in the CLK55 forum, wherein he stated that even on DD they run as high as 290 hp:
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Most W208CLK55s will dyno between 260-290 at the wheels on DD dyno.
Anyway, here's a dynojet run for a 208 CLK55 who had a best run of 301 rwhp, so with a 10% drop he'd be running 271, only 21 down from the OP's dyno; even the 290 hp DJ dynos would only be off by about 30 rwhp, hardly enough to account for pulling a well-driven M6.

So I wasn't trying to "mislead", only recalling what I'd read from a tuner....but frankly, this dyno-branding issue is a side issue in the context of this discussion, which is about his car vs an M6, not a CLK55; I only cited that example to make a point. And that point, which is true if he'd managed to pull 326 hp or so on some other dyno vs the 292 he did pull on this dyno-mite dyno, is that he's still a far cry from being in M6 territory with those numbers.

For example, here's a video of an M6 pulling 415 rwhp--on a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

That's 142% of the rwhp the OP got in his C32. And it wasn't on a Mustang or Dynojet, it was on a DD.

As I said, case closed.

Last edited by Improviz; 03-07-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
..As I said, case closed.
Why do you feel compelled to interject sound physics into the kill section?
Certainly you’re aware the OP’s 292 rwhp dyno actually equates to a healthy 326 by any reasonable measure.

To wit:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
The numbers you’re quoting from his post are dyno dynamics numbers. The 292 rwhp you’re comparing from the CLK55 are dyno jet numbers.

Dyno dynamics reads about 10-15% lower than a dyno jet. If you’re going to compare numbers like that, you need to compare numbers based on the same dynos. Your comparison is misleading.

I already posted the dyno jet numbers of my car when I had the same mods as he which were 326whp on a dyno jet in that same thread.
My C32 consistently beats up on M5’s piloted by respected members nlpamg, Cylinder Head and Carl Lassiter…without even breathing hard.
Your fantasy world is irrelevant here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: C32 gets into fight with multiple BMWs...