Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 vs Porsche C4 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 11:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
C32 vs Porsche C4 Cabriolet

I was out with a mate the other day in northern Mexico. We were on our way out to dinner at one of the local cantinas. It was raining and traffic was well typical for Mexico. As we were crusing along, I noticed a light blue Porsche Carrera 4S Cabriolet working to catch up. I was stuck behind a burro wagon and as he passed me he gave the P-car a good squirt of go juice and then had to let off due to the Pemex truck ahead in his lane. Catching up, I goosed the old C32 (C3P pulley and intake) just to let the bandaco know that I was interested. I stopped for the light with nothing but clear road ahead. The P-car slotted in behind me.

When the light changed, I opened up the AMG which of course lit up the tires in 1st as much as the ESP would allow, then shifted to 2nd and accellerated hard enough away. The Carrera followed breifly and then shifted to the left lane but never really was a factor. This never happens on a dry road, lol. He followed a few car lengths back in the left lane but refused to pull along side again. Finally, I turned right and exited. Obviously, he heeded the dire warnings about tandem racing and chose to be smart and not engage. It was not a race or a kill but a fun encounter. My buddy had been telling me about the competely adequate accelleration from his Ford Focus, when I dropped the hammer. He stopped in mid sentence and then said, "Let, me re-phrase, the completely useless and inadequate accelleration of the Focus." I stopped and let him drive the AMG for a while after that.

Irish
Old 03-20-2010, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
When its wet out I drive like a old man.