Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley Davidson

No offense to any Harley Davidson owners on this forum, but for a 1400cc + engine, they are relatively slow (13 second 1/4's). I was sitting in the left turn lane. A late model big twin HD pulls up next to me (not in the turn lane). I know what he is going to do: try to out accelerate me, cut me off and get into the turn lane. I am sure he has done this many times. The light turns green and I punch it; he looks over his shoulders and realizes did not out accelerate me. Not wanting to cause a wreck, I slow down to let him in. He gets into my lane and stops his bike in the middle of traffic fuming mad. Now I'm a little mad due to his attitude. I punch the accelerator and smoke him and drift into the left hand turn. He jumps on his bike and attempts to catch me but ends up not following me onto the highway ramp...bottom line:

1. Don't cut people off in the turn lanes. Wait in line (I practice what I preach)
2. Just because it looks like a chick car (CLK55 Cab); don't assume you can out accelerate it (even if I had a baby seat in the back and a sippy cup in the cup holder).
3. Don't get mad when you don't get your way

Last edited by hrothgar02; 07-22-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 07-22-2010, 05:23 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
I've done this with a boy racer civic before. Why can't people just get in the damn turn lane?
Old 07-22-2010, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Coupecrazy
I've done this with a boy racer civic before. Why can't people just get in the damn turn lane?
agreed...

-Rob
Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 AM

Charger SRT-8
Cutting lanes is legal for bikes here and arguably a safe practice. If it was me on the bike I would have figured you were a good sport. But stopping his bike - what an a-hole!

I would say maybe 1% of Harleys remain stock. Intake/exhaust/tune wakes them up, a mild cam is good too. Many are 95" or larger and fairly quick for a cruiser.

They are slow for bikes, but virtually all cruisers are anyway.