Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Ferrari Challenge Stradale vs a Neon SRT4 with a bunch of kids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Ferrari Challenge Stradale vs a Neon SRT4 with a bunch of kids

After a great morning with the guys at our weekly coffee BS fest, I was in a 'spirited' mood on the way home. The CS has so much grip and balance that it temps you into corners at decidedly wicked speeds! But it is too much fun.

Wanting to sharpen my skills a bit, I go to RACE mode and turn the TC OFF. Charging at some of my favorite corners and off/on ramps, I can feel the back end moving around a bit, but it is so predictable, and the way the car downshifts and sounds is so F1!. What a great way to plant a lasting smile on your face.

As I approach my favorite off ramp of left/right/left/right sweepers I catch a glimpse of the hood scoop of one of those fast Neons, and I watched the tell tale blast of smoke as he nails the gas in an effort to catch the prancing horse. Those Neon boys seem to always be game for a smack down, so I lifted in order to reel him in and see what he's got.

He's got a full load of passengers..... and he's coming HARD! When he gets within 200 feet of me, I am in the power band and I'm off!! As we get into the first left the CS is just planted and scoots through. The Neon on the other hand has so much body roll that I thought he was going scrape the paint off the doors. By the 3rd corner, they are so far back that the car looks like a dot, but I can see their wide eyes, and almost make out the white knuckles on the driver. I can only imagine what a handful that Dodge is with 3 passengers near the limit.

As I slow for traffic the little Neon is charging. When he pulls up next to me, out comes 3 cell phone cameras, followed by of surrender. I waved and gave them a thumbs up for a valiant effort. I love Saturday mornings!

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 09-28-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! Glad you drive the Ferrari like meant to be driven. One of the biggest sins is driving an Italian exotic 55mph on the freeway (seen this done too many times).
Old 09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by hrothgar02
Awesome! Glad you drive the Ferrari like meant to be driven. One of the biggest sins is driving an Italian exotic 55mph on the freeway (seen this done too many times).
If that's the speed limit that's okay, they likely open them up on deserted twisties which is where an F-car comes alive...the very fact it's on the freeway is a MILLION times better than the people who keep them in an air conditioned garage....
Old 09-29-2010, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by hrothgar02
I about went out of my mind when I did a drive with the FCA a few years ago, as they had 20 Ferrari's in the right lane at 5 under the limit. I eventually waved goodbye and met them at the destination.

Originally Posted by transferred
If that's the speed limit that's okay, they likely open them up on deserted twisties which is where an F-car comes alive...the very fact it's on the freeway is a MILLION times better than the people who keep them in an air conditioned garage....
I was agreeing with this statement, and then I realized that I have an air conditioned garage!