Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Viper vs. C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAGUAR tYPE s r
Viper vs. C63

Former Viper owner here, so I couldn't help but grin as I noticed the wide bodied RT/10 merging onto the highway about 400 feet in front of me. The wide, aggressive stance was unmistakable, so I pointed it out to the wife.

We increased my speed a bit to get a closer glance, and it was immediately apparent the driver was already watching me closely in his mirror. I tapped the left paddle twice to give him a more aggressive note from the exhaust Curious as to what his reaction would be.

With little hesitation, he treated me to a brief 3 second blast of his own as he jumped from 70 to about 95 - 100. It was at that moment I looked over to my wife and

She gave me the eye "don't you dare.... Dont you daaaar.... Ok fine, go ahead! For the second time in 60 seconds I

I closed the distance with the Viper as he was waiting for me about 4 car lengths ahead. The second my front hood matched his he was off!

I slammed my foot down as well preparing myself for a spanking...

Ok, that's it for the story, tune in next week for the remainder!

------

Just kidding, I'd never do that to you guys! So where was I? Oh, right... Prepared for imminent defeat!

Apparently I'd be left waiting as the C63 revs skyrocketed and held my front hood to his as if there were an invisible link between the two. I must tell you, we often hear of races that are "neck and neck" - But this one was too close to believe!

Every time he shifted I'd gain a few inches which he'd win back and then seem to stick... When the C63 shifted he'd gain a few inches at which point my car would even up as well....

I was stunned! How could this be?

The viper driver looked a little shocked as well, and crossed over two lanes to my right to get a wide open lane for the next mile.

As soon as we were relatively lined up we hit it for round 2 - Again we were off and the C63 engine was roaring... Two guys in a pickup in the far right lane shoved their heads out the window to watch the spectacle with poo eating grins plastered across their faces. (Can I say "poo" on this board?)

We shut it down again and the Viper once more jockeyed for position so that we'd have a wide open run and this time gunned it while in front of me. (He knew I'd be following as we both exchanged thumbs up by this point - Seemed to be a good sport)

We made one last run with near identical results but this time he inched away from me as he got nearly a full second jump as I wasn't quite ready since I was behind him and answering the wifes question "Why didn't he beat us?"

I nearly fell out my form fitting bucket seat laughing as we both had expected to lose!

We pulled up next to the Viper one last time with the window down to inquire if he was a member of the Viper Club. (I used to be)

He couldn't hear the question and had to exit so we said our goodbyes.

By this time cars that had witnessed the brief encounter had caught up with us and were waving, honking, and holding thumbs up out the windows. One guy in a beatup old Ranger drove by with his face painted to his window something like this:

Guess he didn't expect a Palladium gray sedan to match hoods with a V10 monster quite so well?

Anyhow, I'm sure if the Viper had been a GTS he'd have walked me. The drag from having the top off sure didn't help the RT10. But then again I had a passenger and a trunk full of groceries, ladder golf, and a few sacks of Guess clothing...

The AMG impressed me, and it was rewarded with a thorough washing when I got home. Next time I run into a Viper I'm sure it won't be in such favorable conditions - But at the end of the day, it was a great encounter, and the wife was forced to admit she thought it was fun! (She always told me races were "barbaric" and she didn't understand why men engaged in such behavior. But after this encounter she couldn't seem to stop smiling, and I asked her what was her problem? "It couldn't possibly be that yo actually ENJOYED racing that VIPER COULD IT? " I got a meek and mild "maybe" in response as she sat back in her seat, turned the music up a bit, and kept on smiling...
Old 04-10-2011, 12:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Big deal. I smoked a Bugatti Veyron a while back. Guy didn't know WTF passed him... probably because he was inside the building where the car was parked in front of. LOL

But props, good going. I bet that Viper driver will think twice about picking on poor innocent looking sedans, next time.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
The GTS is faster than the RT-10s? Interesting...

Good story!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:57 AM

JAGUAR tYPE s r
At high speeds, yes. Coupe vs convertible, all else being equal the coupe will pull it due to the drag holding back the convert. This RT/10 looked like a 99 - 2001. Had this been a newer SRT, I'm sure I would have been easily walked.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK & GL
^had it been an ACR u would have been walked even easier lol...i raced a whole bunch rt/10, acr's and srt10's down rt17 one day and those things move!! Congrats on not losing
Old 08-12-2011, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Is your C63 stock? Sounds like an epic race