Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

I think I had a run with a new Evo ?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 12:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by tifosiv122
In every test the Viper and the Z06 come out about even with the deciding factor of price. Anyone who has driven both cars will tell you that the Z06 is a fast Vette and a Viper is a track car. Driving a Viper is like a workout, its not comfortable...the heat the gives off is incredible...the sound the vibrations...the torque. Just becuase they go about the same speed doesn't mean they are even two comparable cars.

Erik
In what way is the viper more of a track car? just because its alot more uncomfortable? The reasons u gave do not show how much of a track car u say it is.

And vraa, why would u compare a S600 to the cars we were talkin about? a Z06 can be compared to a viper in almost every way. A S600 a a qucik hudge sedan. And only the 2003 twin turbos run 12's.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
And vraa, why would u compare a S600 to the cars we were talkin about? a Z06 can be compared to a viper in almost every way. A S600 a a qucik hudge sedan. And only the 2003 twin turbos run 12's.
I was just saying a z06 is more of a common car, not a super car, not made to be exotic, and more of a driver friendly car.

The Viper, thats a torque god, it wants tracked, it neeeeds to be let loose. So if your comparing two different cars why not throw in another car? It'll run and hold it's own.

Btw. there are no other S600's you can buy currently that aren't twin turboed. TT is not an option.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
Damn, u went from a 12 seconed eclipse to a SLK230? must feel slow.:p :p :p
Well I still have it, just I don't usually drive it anymore, I took it out one night and had a few races...but it scares me because it is pretty powerful and the torque steer is more than my little arms can handle, lol Now it's my boyfriends car, though not his daily driver. But yes, the SLK does feel slow compared to it!! lol
Old 05-30-2003, 12:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by vraa
I was just saying a z06 is more of a common car, not a super car, not made to be exotic, and more of a driver friendly car.

The Viper, thats a torque god, it wants tracked, it neeeeds to be let loose. So if your comparing two different cars why not throw in another car? It'll run and hold it's own.

Btw. there are no other S600's you can buy currently that aren't twin turboed. TT is not an option.

just cause its more common doesen't mean it can be compared.
Just because the viper may have more toqure doesen't mean that sedans with more toqure can be compared to the cars. Put an S600 with more toqure than a Z06 on a track and u will see whos faster.

I know the s600 are only turboed thats why i said only the 2003's before 2003 the cars were a NA V12.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
first of all,
what kind of track are you guys talking about??? in the comparison between these cars

if you're talking about ovals (not a real track that's for pussies) then any car you mentioned could be a "track" car.

now if you're talking about real track (twitsties, altitude change, left/right corners chicanes) then Z06 over Viper any day and 911 over both
Old 05-30-2003, 01:11 AM

I want a new Evolution! Too bad we're not getting the Evolution VIII in Canada. I love the Evolution series, my favourite's gotta be the Evo III IMO, the only worthy Japanese sports car (along with the WRX STi) to come to North America since the RX-7!

Last edited by vyse; 05-30-2003 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
Originally posted by vyse
I want a new Evolution! Too bad we're not getting the Evolution VIII in Canada. I love the Evolution series, my favourite's gotta be the Evo III IMO, the only worthy Japanese sports car (along with the WRX STi) to come to North America since the RX-7!
YOu dont like the TT supra or the 3000GT Vr4. BOw those are real Japanese sport cars. THE WRX and EVO are rally cars.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
i had a VR4 for 2 years
enjoyed every second in that car

back in the day
of NSX, 300ZXTT, RX7, 3000VR4
they killed Corvettes

I wish they'd go back to making fun cars like that in the near future
Old 05-30-2003, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
Originally posted by Eurosport
i had a VR4 for 2 years
enjoyed every second in that car

back in the day
of NSX, 300ZXTT, RX7, 3000VR4
they killed Corvettes

I wish they'd go back to making fun cars like that in the near future
YAH. dont you miss those 6 CYLINDER twin turbos!!!!??!?!?!
Old 05-30-2003, 02:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
what i miss is the manual tranny ;p
also 167 with 4 people in the car (2 girls in the back "seats") no one else fits back there lol, taking curving off ramps at 100+, sport and normal suspension, the exhaust off button (good at night when coming back home really late and drunk not to wake up anyone), taking out the car prolly only sports car on the road out of the garage after a whole night of snowing and driving it around all shiny and clean with people yelling wtf??? (only snows here if lucky 3 days per year lol), sitting at the stoplight and burning out all 4 tires, and soooo much more lol
Old 05-30-2003, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by vyse
the only worthy Japanese sports car (along with the WRX STi) to come to North America since the RX-7!
I am kindly disagreeing with your opinion, not startng an argument, lol The RX7 is frikkin' awesome.....but come on, you can't say that an Eclipse GSX isn't a little something more than your average import! I know that an RX7 is faster than a GSX.....but I still think the GSX deserves a little credit here! BUT, if I didn't have to worry about fixing the car, I would take an RX7 over a GSX, but you need a good mechanic that knows rotaries to repair an RX7, which is pretty rare.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
yes you are right! which is why i sold my old rx7 years ago. heck... even the best "mazda" tech was scratching his head... I guess i had really put the car through too much abuse....haha.... use to run that sucker WAYYY into redline.

i didn't know what i was getting myself into back then.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
I am going to bow out right now, sometimes you gotta quit when you see your not getting anywhere...

Go drive the three cars...if you can then honestly say that a 911 is a track car...with leather, heated seats, and autoclose windows then thats fine, its your opinion and I won't argue.

IMO both the Z06 and 911 are nowhere near the true definition of a track car, they are both very fast and can handle fairly well, but they are not meant for the track, they are meant for the street. They both have traction control, something the Viper doesn't...also they are both available in Automatic tranny....a true track car whouldn't consider thinking about offering a automatic...do you see the differences now?

There is a reason Ferrari makes 'Challange edition' cars...these are street cars modified for racing...Ferrari knows a stock 348,355, or 360 is not meant for the track no matter how fast it can go...Dodge took a track car and made it just legal enough to pass the government standards. The only reason the newer vipers have alarms and part leather and such is because there are only so many people that want a track only car. The initial Vipers were so bare bones its hard to find an owner that enjoys driving it more then just weekends.

Erik
Old 05-30-2003, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
I'll take a Nissan Skyline. TT + AWD + Manny = FUN, oh, and 400hp doesnt hurt either.

Old 05-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by tifosiv122
I am going to bow out right now, sometimes you gotta quit when you see your not getting anywhere...

Go drive the three cars...if you can then honestly say that a 911 is a track car...with leather, heated seats, and autoclose windows then thats fine, its your opinion and I won't argue.

IMO both the Z06 and 911 are nowhere near the true definition of a track car, they are both very fast and can handle fairly well, but they are not meant for the track, they are meant for the street. They both have traction control, something the Viper doesn't...also they are both available in Automatic tranny....a true track car whouldn't consider thinking about offering a automatic...do you see the differences now?

There is a reason Ferrari makes 'Challange edition' cars...these are street cars modified for racing...Ferrari knows a stock 348,355, or 360 is not meant for the track no matter how fast it can go...Dodge took a track car and made it just legal enough to pass the government standards. The only reason the newer vipers have alarms and part leather and such is because there are only so many people that want a track only car. The initial Vipers were so bare bones its hard to find an owner that enjoys driving it more then just weekends.

Erik
I understand that u know alot about cars but i still do not realize what u mean about a viper being so far surperior to a Z06. Sure it may be a little quicker than a Z06 on a lap with a good driver but it does not kill the Z06 in anyway. (stock). Just because a car has leather and heathed seats doesen't mean it cant be a track car, and just because the cars have traction control doesen't make it less a track car eaither. I guess then we could start saying civics are track cars to without heated seats autoclose windows, come in mannys, with no traction control. By the way a Z06 does not come with a auto tranny. Of course the C5 can, but the Z06 is totally different from that. Then we can almost say a Porsche GT2 is not a track car eaither since its the same platform from the carrara and that has traction control and an auto tranny, but the GT2 also has leather seats and power windows.
I see what u are trying to say that since a viper has alot less features (well only some) than a Z06, u think its more of a track car since race cars dont have ****. But since they are both street legal they so have things race cars dont have and the differences of them are very small and by no means makes one not a track car. By the way a issue of Automobile magizine tested the Z06 and viper and the Z06 was 2 tenths of a seconed quicker than the viper on the track. (stock of course).

So far the reason u gave about the viper being more of a track car than a z06 is just becuase its uncomfortable, and does not have any features other cars have. You gave me no reason to convince me that it actually preforms better on a track. Thats fine if you think its still a better track car but its your opinion. All i am saying is that most people will agree that a Z06 is as much a a track car as a viper. IMHO if people think a viper is more of a track car its also probally since its more rare than a z06 also due to its price and uncomfort but the zo6 according to some sources does preform a better lap time than a viper on tracks.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:15 PM

Oh crud, I forgot the Supra TT Not a big fan of the styling in the front (looks sorta like a Civic!), but no one can deny it's potential in the twin-turbo inline-6. But then again, in Asia they have the GS-series Lexus with the Supra's twin-turbo 6, sweet.

The Eclipse, well, the 4G63 engine is just taken right out of an Evolution anyways right? It's just chunkier and more North American I've never seen anyone in Asia tune up an Eclipse though. (I lived in Hong Kong, not Japan, but we follow the Japanese trends a lot anyways)

And the 3000GT, man, that's one big heavy car, with, what I personally think to be dull and bulky styling. Not something I would buy, so, that's not on my personal list.

And about the reliability of these cars, well, people here drive their cars everyday and of course those rotary engines blow up, but many Asians commute to work, so it leads to the design of the cars to not focus on daily drivability and reliability, but to performance and the "fun factor". Heck, I still commute to school even in Canada, my C-coupe only has 4000km after a year :p So reliability isn't a big factor for me (unless it starts breaking down in a month or something).