Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Joke kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Joke kill

I'm on my way to work in the morning and heading down the freeway when a lime green metalflake mustang starts riding my rear bumper. Not knowing what it was, I pressed on a bit harder thinking he'd keep riding me and we'd be off. No, he backed off... so I settled back to a nice 80 MPH cruising speed. Soon enough though, he was back on my ***! This time I wanted to see if he was for real so I slowed until I was behind him and fell in step with him. Then I saw the truth, he didn't back off, he just couldn't keep up! It was a V6!!! And the funny thing is, the guy kept coming!!! It was hilarious. I'd settle into a nice cruising speed, he'd start riding my ***, I'd nail the throttle and accelerate through to about 110 leaving him behind, calm down and slow down, and sure 'nuff he'd eventually catch up and start riding my *** again! Finally my exit came and I left after a friendly wave... it wasn't much of a challenge but at least it made the drive to work more enjoyable. Now why oh why couldn't it have been a cobra??
Old 07-23-2003, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I hate when they do that. Cars that will never touch us performance wise will act like they are all crazy and go after you. Of course I take care of them quickly but anyways it is indeed a lot more fun
Old 07-23-2003, 05:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like fun, but i'm sure you weren't thrilled about some yahoo riding your bumper. Was the Mustang all riced up or just stock?

Wonder if he found someone else to bug after you exited.

You know, a Civic did that to us on a trip to Michigan recently. I just got some distance and then settled over to look for our exit, though. (so far i know our car can beat a stock corolla and a stock civic )
Old 07-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally posted by jpb5151
so far i know our car can beat a stock corolla and a stock civic
I second that !~!
Old 07-23-2003, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
It is even worse when a P.O.S. performs the aforementioned actions in the highway..

Nothing like a beat up Corolla, or Camry trying to race you