Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Something to think about

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 BMW 335is
Something to think about

You know we all love to talk about or 'kills.' But heres something to consider.
It was a friday night. I was on way home from a club in Pasadena (Los Angeles area). At 2 in the morning theres prety much nobody on any freeway no matter where you are. I was on the 118 with cruz set for around 100. Half asleep I pass a bimer 5 that was goin around 85. A minute later I see the guy comming in my mirror. So Im thinkin OK ill have some fun. (Keep in mind im driving my pops E320 with stock tires/rimes 16'' I know the limits of the car with that setup.) Anyway, I accelerate so the bimer just barely passes me. I kept up with the guy for about 3 miles and eventually let him go. We hit about 130 - BUT heres the thing, I wasnt flooring it because there was a bend in the fwy and at such a speed in combo with torque I probably would have lost control and died. The car was already rolling as it was.

As he was exiting he flased his E lights and waved. I did the same.

By now the guy has probably gone to his favorite bimer forum and posted his "kill" story.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Something to think about

Originally posted by mikejabb12
You know we all love to talk about or 'kills.' But heres something to consider.
It was a friday night. I was on way home from a club in Pasadena (Los Angeles area). At 2 in the morning theres prety much nobody on any freeway no matter where you are. I was on the 118 with cruz set for around 100. Half asleep I pass a bimer 5 that was goin around 85. A minute later I see the guy comming in my mirror. So Im thinkin OK ill have some fun. (Keep in mind im driving my pops E320 with stock tires/rimes 16'' I know the limits of the car with that setup.) Anyway, I accelerate so the bimer just barely passes me. I kept up with the guy for about 3 miles and eventually let him go. We hit about 130 - BUT heres the thing, I wasnt flooring it because there was a bend in the fwy and at such a speed in combo with torque I probably would have lost control and died. The car was already rolling as it was.

As he was exiting he flased his E lights and waved. I did the same.

By now the guy has probably gone to his favorite bimer forum and posted his "kill" story.
well, would if you were in his position, and he didn't know that you were flooring it, his windows were probably closed, so he couldnt hear you. if i was in that position, and was the other driver, i would post that
Old 07-06-2003, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Would an M5 owner even _mention_ racing an E320?
Old 07-07-2003, 03:41 PM

'11 BMW 335is
True - I probably would post it too...
I think it was a 525 or 530. If it would have been an M5 I would have soluted and let him go without even trying to race!