Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Spirited ride against a Jeep SRT8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Spirited ride against a Jeep SRT8

I was traveling down the expressway one night when I saw a beast crawling up behind me pretty quickly.

I got up front of a couple cars where we had a good distance ahead of us of clear road and let him pull up beside me.

All of a sudden I hear this loud roar and he takes off. I press the gas (ever so gently ) and pulled hard on him. My C63 was not going to be scared off by some exhaust notes no matter how beautiful they sound.

I have a Eurocharged tune and the rest is completely stock. The SRT8 was no match, but I have to say it is one beautiful SUV. The exhaust was incredible at full WOT I am thinking he had to have some custom work done.

Anyway, cheers to the driver for a little fun and excitement. We didn't have a lot of room to play, but it was fun while it lasted. I am also grateful I didn't meet him at a stop light because I wouldn't have fared well from a dig.

Anyone else have fun with Jeep SRT8's? If it weren't for the cheap interiors they had a few years ago I would have bought one, but then I wouldn't have ever met my C63.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,064 Likes on 853 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
New ones ride on the Mercedes ML platform and have much nicer interiors. The older ones were very cheap looking.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK550
Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
Anyway, cheers to the driver for a little fun and excitement. We didn't have a lot of room to play, but it was fun while it lasted. I am also grateful I didn't meet him at a stop light because I wouldn't have fared well from a dig.
They scoot pretty good from a dig. I ran one that way once and it took me a little bit to catch him. They are a very cool SUV.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
I raced an SRT8 in my S74 last year. He took off, I got a late start, passed him by the time I was doing 70kph, and he was no more by the time I let off at 210kph. He was some toolbag. Blacked out lights, wheels, dark tint, blah, blah. Looked really idiotic. I can imagine the look on his face to this day when he got blitzkrieg'd by some huge MB. Maybe next time he'll know not to screw around when he sees the V12 badges on the side of some big Merc.

The S74 was my old 7.4L RENNtech powered W140 for those of you who don't know me on here.