Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

The CS v The AZ Supercar Track Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2012 | 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
The CS v The AZ Supercar Track Club

It's been a while since I have posted on here. Not because of a lack of 'enthusiasm' on my part. Maybe the Phoenix area 'players' are slowing things down.

I instruct for the FCA and a number of clubs, and I finally got a bunch of the boys to get their Scuderia's, 355s, etc out to a track day. Since boys will be boys, I have taken a fair amount of verbal abuse from the Scud boys, telling me that my CS is slow and they will wipe the floor with me, etc. I booked a track day, so it is time to put your tires where your collective mouths are!

Since they were all new to this track, I let them spend some time with instructors, getting to know things, until I went out. So, I sat round the pits, had some breakfast, checked tire pressures, put on the driver's suit, trimmed my nails, etc, etc., just to kill some time.

After they came in the pits, we chatted about how they liked the track and so on, and I asked them how they felt about their cars. "Brilliant! Fast! You don't stand a chance! Blah, blah, blah". I asked them if they were ready for a little fun? The 3 Scud boys nodded their collective heads in unison.

I said, "OK, lets go.... but I'll give you guys 20 seconds before I head out". They laughed, and agreed. So, on go the helmets and off to the hot pits we go.

Off they go, and as the seconds went by and off into the distance they drove, I was beginning to think I bit off a bit more than i could chew, but I took off in hot pursuit anyway.

After 3 laps I really didn't think I was making up much ground and was preparing for a thorough tongue lashing, when on lap 5 I noticed that when I entered the longest straight, I could finally see those distinctive tail lights of the last Scud. Game on!

By lap 7 I was approaching the rear of the last of the 3 Scuds. My CS is tuned and really doesn't give up much in a straight line and as went through the infield I saw several places to dive inside, but he was beginning to spend more time looking in his rear view than watching the road, I knew he would be easy pickins'. On to the main straight we go and he's got nothing on the CS. As we approach the braking markers..... 200-150-100..... he stomps on his middle pedal, I step out of his slip steam, fly by and brake at the 50 marker..... 1 down!

Half a lap later I am nose to tail with 2 more Scuds, having driven away from the first. I catch them both checking their mirrors too much and we enter a short straight that I had better entry speed for.... and take both!

The rest of the session turned into a 'lead and follow' session, with the Scuds comfortably in my wake. After the session, I was greeted by "Holy SXXX. I don't believe what just happened".

They say that there is no such thing as a 'free lunch', but the wager was lunch...... and I got one!

btw.... since this is a Merc forum, there was an CLK63 in the mix, but I got by pretty easy!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 12-25-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-21-2012 | 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Gorgeous CS!
There is something magical about that car,no other Ferrari made later tugged my heart as that one.
I should have kept it.....
Old 11-26-2012 | 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Glad you're back, I love reading your write ups! Keep 'em coming!
Old 11-27-2012 | 03:41 PM

'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
Thanks for sharing