Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

2012 Camero SS vs My 04 S55 Komp.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 AMG
2012 Camero SS vs My 04 S55 Komp.

Well, short story but fun.

I was just on my way for a little joy ride and to get some gas and I get behind an new model SS Camero (Blue). I'm behind him as he gets onto the ramp that leads to the highway...His American macho decides to come out and he hits it hard on his way onto the highway...He keeps his pace at between 85-90mph as he continues down the road.

We'll me being in my "boat" I thought I'd have some quick fun if he was interested. So I get up to about 100 to catch and of course he speeds up a little...Well we meet at about 90mph and as I slow, if for just a second, he pops it. Why would he pick on an "old man" and his "grampa" car...So, he creeps half a car as I stick it to the floor.

We'll when we hit 125 he was probably 150 ft back (guesstimation) and I'm sure wondering what the hell just happened. His little hot rod american muscle car didn't finish as expected...He got off the next exit about a mile and a half later without any thumbs up at all . I guess I understand.

If I didn't have the ecu tune/pulley/cats/P.P. Heads it might have been a little closer.

I know...not a great kill but awfully fun beating up on the kids once in a while.

Last edited by ozaudioman; 03-11-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:50 AM

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts
M3, E55, cls63
Nice kill man I just purchased an E55 a month ago and can't wait to get some kills in it especially the newer mustangs and Camaros, they like to pick on me in my m3 but now I got something that should give them a spanking lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:02 AM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by try m3
Nice kill man I just purchased an E55 a month ago and can't wait to get some kills in it especially the newer mustangs and Camaros, they like to pick on me in my m3 but now I got something that should give them a spanking lol.

Thx M3...I just got rid of my e39 m5. I absolutely loved it as a daily driver I could also track. Although I'd never take my s55 to the track it can fit all three of my kids in back if need be and with out them in the back it's as fast a car in a straight line as I've ever been in. Absolute animal.

You'll love owning the E55... Very few on the road can keep up with you. I was looking hard at those but just didn't have enough room in the back for the little ones. I bet you love the torque!

I'm pulling around 570hp and over 600 lb-ft...Good stuff. Just eats the road up (and the rear tires).
Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 AM

03 Nissan Altima 2.5S, 07 MB GL450
Even if you were stock you should have been able to pull on that Camaro SS.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by Innocent_Stud
Even if you were stock you should have been able to pull on that Camaro SS.

Oh, I know...that's why it was more a fun run than a great kill. Stock I'd have been about 50 hp more but also 400-500lbs heavier. Torque is what would have pulled stock but I'm sure he was trying to figure out how he could get smoked that bad by an old mans car. I mean an SS isn't a sht bucket by an means. Now if it had been the ZL1, I might have been in trouble. Actually with my added torque (50+ more than the zl1) it would it might be pretty close.

Fun stuff.

Last edited by ozaudioman; 03-11-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 AM

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts
M3, E55, cls63
Originally Posted by ozaudioman
Thx M3...I just got rid of my e39 m5. I absolutely loved it as a daily driver I could also track. Although I'd never take my s55 to the track it can fit all three of my kids in back if need be and with out them in the back it's as fast a car in a straight line as I've ever been in. Absolute animal.

You'll love owning the E55... Very few on the road can keep up with you. I was looking hard at those but just didn't have enough room in the back for the little ones. I bet you love the torque!

I'm pulling around 570hp and over 600 lb-ft...Good stuff. Just eats the road up (and the rear tires).
The E39 M5 is a great car one of the best BMW's of all time, but the low end torque of the 55 AMG's is just amazing. The E55 has plenty of room for me even the m3 is fine I'm only 22 so not planning on having kids for a while lol. Only problem is now all my friends want me to drive since I have the biggest car.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 AM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by try m3
The E39 M5 is a great car one of the best BMW's of all time, but the low end torque of the 55 AMG's is just amazing. The E55 has plenty of room for me even the m3 is fine I'm only 22 so not planning on having kids for a while lol. Only problem is now all my friends want me to drive since I have the biggest car.

LoL...They probably want you to drive in hopes you get drunk and they get to test it out while you're in the back seat sleeping it off.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:34 AM

Oh, I know...that's why it was more a fun run than a great kill. Stock I'd have been about 50 hp more but also 400-500lbs heavier. Torque is what would have pulled stock but I'm sure he was trying to figure out how he could get smoked that bad by an old mans car. I mean an SS isn't a sht bucket by an means. Now if it had been the ZL1, I might have been in trouble. Actually with my added torque (50+ more than the zl1) it would it might be pretty close.

Fun stuff.
I heard from somewhere that a stock Chevy ZL1 is equal or SLOWER than a stock CTS-V Cadillac

Yeah your modded AMG should do fine against one.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 PM

2004 S55 AMG
I heard from somewhere that a stock Chevy ZL1 is equal or SLOWER than a stock CTS-V Cadillac

Yeah your modded AMG should do fine against one.
You may be right...It would be a hell of a kill if I was able to take one. I know most would laugh if they saw the match up...but never underestimate an AMG. Hell of an auto and crazy quick with some small mods.

I've always wondered how much faster a late model CTS-V would be than my beast (if it would). Haven't had the pleasure of driving one. I actually had a earlier model 04 but unfortunately some old lady decided to park her car in the fast lane of the highway at 10:45 pm and my CTS-V is now DEA-D. BOOM!! @%$@#

Let me know if you're interested in the pics...VERY unfortunate end for the black V.

Last edited by ozaudioman; 03-13-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:55 PM

Sure go ahead man. I'm up for it. Sucks for your CTS-V and glad you're fine.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:37 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Sure go ahead man. I'm up for it. Sucks for your CTS-V and glad you're fine.

Ok, let's see if this works...The wife is looking into the car in one pic and wondering how the hell I made it out alive. I had some Angels on my shoulder that night. And yes, the car went up in flames!! Double tractor trailer sent me down the highway after I bounced off the lady's car. Cab of T.T. went up in flames too.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Camero SS vs My 04 S55 Komp.-cts-v-w12.jpg   2012 Camero SS vs My 04 S55 Komp.-cts-v-w2.jpg   2012 Camero SS vs My 04 S55 Komp.-cts-v-w3.jpg   2012 Camero SS vs My 04 S55 Komp.-cts-v-w6.jpg   2012 Camero SS vs My 04 S55 Komp.-cts-v-w11.jpg  

2012 Camero SS vs My 04 S55 Komp.-cts-v-w4.jpg  

Last edited by ozaudioman; 03-13-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:00 AM

2004 SL55
some old lady decided to park her car in the fast lane of the highway at 10:45 pm

Literally parked her car, or was going so slow that she may as well been parked?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:46 AM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by BobLibSL55
some old lady decided to park her car in the fast lane of the highway at 10:45 pm

Literally parked her car, or was going so slow that she may as well been parked?

No, she had wrecked her car driving down the highway and hit the median and bounce back into the fast lane sideways. As I got over the hill she was just sitting there...no lights, sideways and very dark and hard to see. I then hit her bounced into lane two where the T.T. Tboned me and sent me flying.

No one knows what really happened and why she was sideways but she had a terrible driving record and we suspect she was probably on her phone or texting. She claims there was a phantom car that ran her off the road...who knows.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM

No, she had wrecked her car driving down the highway and hit the median and bounce back into the fast lane sideways. As I got over the hill she was just sitting there...no lights, sideways and very dark and hard to see. I then hit her bounced into lane two where the T.T. Tboned me and sent me flying.

No one knows what really happened and why she was sideways but she had a terrible driving record and we suspect she was probably on her phone or texting. She claims there was a phantom car that ran her off the road...who knows.
Saw your CTS-V photos. Glad you did make it out fine. Car can be replaced as the saying goes, not the individual.

As for the woman "parked", why the hell weren't her hazards on???? What a moron. Did her battery completely short out too?

Driving and texting and bad driving record? Wow, doesn't help the female bad driver stereotype.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Saw your CTS-V photos. Glad you did make it out fine. Car can be replaced as the saying goes, not the individual.

As for the woman "parked", why the hell weren't her hazards on???? What a moron. Did her battery completely short out too?

Driving and texting and bad driving record? Wow, doesn't help the female bad driver stereotype.

Yeah, pretty scary...as I was getting thrashed around, I remember thinking I'm going to die because some idiot is sideways on the highway . Very lucky to get a second chance after a wreck like that. I now have 3 kids, two of them would not be here if something real bad had happened.

Very thankful I came away with just some back and neck issues, but at this point the pain and stiffness really only bothers me during cold winter days. Life is good and needless to say never "get on it" unless there is clear sailing and no traffic as was the case with the Camaro...4 lane highway and we were the only two as far as the eye could see.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:21 AM

Location: W. Bloomfield, Michigan (Suburb outside of Detroit)
05' S55 Merc Benz; 03' G-wag 500
Wowww that is wild, thank god. Crazy night.. Maybe there was a phatom car for her. What happened to the old lady?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:00 AM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by MaggieMills
Wowww that is wild, thank god. Crazy night.. Maybe there was a phatom car for her. What happened to the old lady?
Let's just say if I hadn't yanked my car last second I would have plowed into her head on driver side door and both of us would have been toast. As it turns out I caught her front passenger quarter panel and just did a bit of damage to her car.

She actually got hit twice and was fine...strangely enough the poor fella in the tractor trailer had some serious head fractures as he went upside down off a median wall and ended up about 10 feet behind me. His cab also went up in massive flames. OIL and GAS flames like in the movies. I think he's ok now. I hope so. The wreck actually stopped traffic in 6 lanes both east and west bound for over 6 hrs.