Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

F40 v 911 Turbo

Old 01-20-2014, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
F40 v 911 Turbo

It's been a while since I have had anything worth posting, but I thought you guys might appreciate this one.

I was visiting with some old Porsche buddies of mine over the Holidays when a new guy in the room, who knew I was a Ferrari guy and that I had been known to dance with an F40, started to relay a story…

It was early on a Sunday morning when I was leaving the neighborhood in my well massaged 911 turbo. I was at the gate, about 100 yards from the main road, when I saw this red streak with a huge wing flash by. I had never seen an F40 on the road before, but it sure as hell looked like one, and he was moving at a pretty good clip. I’m going to show him what REAL Porsche power looks like!

By the time I got to the road and made the right, he was out of sight! I made the turn and saw red line in 3 gears before I caught sight of that great back end. I was well into triple digits and closing fast… time to buzz an F40!

I probably have his speed by +40, but as I go for the pass, it seemed like a nano second and he matched me. I punched it and tucked in front of him and figured I would put some distance on him, but I wasn’t going anywhere…. This Ferrari is FAST! There is a bit of a technical section coming up, I’m sure to lose him there! NADA! He is on me like glue…. And I think I might be holding him up! Holy Cow! The F40 filled my rear view and boy did it look menacing!

The entrance to the freeway is looming, with a nice wide entrance, I know this corner and I can shake him here! I start accelerating hard again and move left so I can apex the corner. I figured he would just follow me…… but no. He tucked inside of me and beat me to the corner!

At this point I interrupted my new friend, as I kind of knew what was going to happen next (even though he had no idea who he was talking to). I said I think I know what happened next. He kind of looked puzzled when I told him that he left his breaking a little late and made several ‘trailing throttle oversteer’ 360’s, and the F40 was up the on ramp before that **** U-boat stopped spinning. With his jaw on the ground, I let him know who was driving that F40. I did leave the part out that I tooted the horn when I whistled by!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current: 2019 M5 Donnington Gray, 2021 GLE53 Diamond White Met. Previous: 2010 C63, 2012 E550 Coupe
Now that's a funny story. I wonder if he was going to include that spinning bit in his story...
Old 03-26-2014, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger SRT-8
What if he wrecked and was seriously injured? imho street racing in the turns is a bad idea.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
2003 SL55 AMG, 1989 348 Challenge, 1987 Testarossa, 1992 F40, 1989 Mondial t cab, 2001 X5 4.4 Sport
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
What if he wrecked and was seriously injured? imho street racing in the turns is a bad idea.
Ah....... "What if"? The cry of the liberal and Politically Correct. Perhaps we should all stay home and just play video games. But what if beating someone online causes their already pathetic self esteem to shrink to nothing and they go out and take out a bunch of people at Wendy's. What if....
Old 06-14-2015, 10:05 PM

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
2015 gl450
Lol... What do you do, go forum to forum bumping your same old street racing threads?