Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

McLaren 570S v Dodge Hellcat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 07:31 PM

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
2003 SL55 AMG, 1989 348 Challenge, 1987 Testarossa, 1992 F40, 1989 Mondial t cab, 2001 X5 4.4 Sport
McLaren 570S v Dodge Hellcat

Maybe it's the time of year, or I'm just getting lucky, but the challengers are popping up. I had to instruct a Hellcat this morning on how to give up a corner...... when you've lost it!

As I'm heading for a little coffee with the boys, I'm heading for my favorite freeway on ramp. It is a fast straight with a 90 degree left, followed by an uphill right hand sweeper.

I'm moving along at a brisk (not obscene) pace when I catch the distinctive nose of a Hellcat apparently giving chase. I am in the left lane of the 2 lanes that lead to 90 degree entrance and here comes the Hellcat! He approaches in my lane and quickly switches to the right to go for the pass, which was not to be! He moves right, I accelerate and quickly match his speed and as we get within 100 yards of the corner, I am obviously pulling away and have the corner, but he isn't giving up! Can he outbrake a Mac? I guess we are going to find out. All I really need is a nab of brake to set the chassis, but the big Dodge is in the wrong lane, going too fast and doesn't have the line or the brakes!

Dab of left foot brake done, downshift to stay on the boil, the 570 hooks up, that carbon tub keeping all 4 contact patches in place and I rocket off. During this, I did hear the Dodge trying to threshold brake, but 4K+ pounds is a lot of car to brake and turn and I hear things starting to slide. He should have just went straight on at the corner, but he attempted it and I check my mirrors only to see the Hellcat doing the sideways boogie! He later caught up on the freeway, gave me a honk and a bowing of hands and a thumbs up.

I think the guys that have challenged the Mac just don't realize what is about to happen to them!
The following 2 users liked this post by Ingenere:
Das Geld 2 (05-21-2019), PrecisionEngine (01-13-2020)