Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

W204 C63 vs Evo 8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 01:48 AM

Received 166 Likes on 84 Posts
C63 AMG
W204 C63 vs Evo 8

Iv'e owned my car for nearly 6 months and I have had my fair share of interesting "races".

This particular one was the most recent, whereby I exited the freeway, coasted on the of ramp until I reached the set of lights at the end. There was an Evo 8 in the lane next to me. I had no intention of racing, with this individual. The light turned green and we both pulled away from the lights, executed the turn and proceeded to drive in a straight line towards the next set of lights ~ 65m away, which was red. I was coasting at about 35-40km/h with the Evo keeping level with me. The light turned green and i heard the Evo shift down a few gears and and accelerate from 40, to the speed limit of 70. I kept pace, and level with the Evo. The Evo dropped a gear and accelerated hard. I mashed the accelerator to give chase, which ended up causing my TC lights to come on at ~70m/h as my wheels started to spin. When I eventually had traction, the Evo was 1 to 1.5 car lengths ahead with me gaining rapidly. I passed the Evo, and was ~100m in front before I stopped accelerating.
The following 2 users liked this post by Panzerbiscuit:
Adi-Benz (09-18-2019), Homer Oz (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 04:45 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe
G'Day Panzerbiscuit.

Wow! and thanks for the Heads Up on this.

Regards
Homer