Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C55 vs. Evo VIII

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
C55 vs. Evo VIII

Alright! My first kill that was actually worth a kill!

Now, I only have 545 miles on my car but I always make sure my car is warmed up and this time it was. So I'm running an errand (way to the bank) and I notice this car with Xenon lights (it was 9pm) come up quickly behind me. We're both stopped at the light waiting to turn onto the main road which starts off with a steep hill. So I make my turn, following a Lexus ES 400 (I think) and the Evo is on my tail. Luckily and I do mean, this was a perfect opportunity, all 3 of us (Lexus, Evo and me) come to a 3 lane stoplight. I really didn't think nothing of it until I noticed it was an Evo on my right and I certainly didn't pay attention to the Lexus. I turn off my ESP when I saw the EVO btw (just in case).

Light turns green and I thought nothing of it, even though I was prepared and the EVO and Lexus come screaming out from the light. So I'm thinking, let's roll, so I punch it and start reeling in the Evo (as he definitely got the jump on me) and the Lexus is still rolling with us but behind. I'm now passing the Evo and then, all of a sudden, he does something that screws him up, shifting killed him and he drops back and I can tell he's done. He knew I would've took him too but it really ticks me off to see that he screwed up as I really wanted a chance to take him clean. Even then, he saw me reeling me in, so he knew.

Now I slow down and the Lexus is still on it. That car seemed pretty quick (hafta admit) So I let the Lexus come up and then I just punch it. In a matter of split seconds I blow past him and then we both slow down. Wouldn't ya know it, I don't even bother looking to see how fast I was going - DAMNN! The Lexus guy comes up next to me and gives me a big with a smile on his face that was bigger than mine and mine was pretty big!

So get this! I make my run to the bank I start coming home and who do I pull up to at another red light? The Evo dude! There was no one around, he sees me, the light turns green and again I didn't do anything and this time neither did he. I guess he figured he got spanked enough for one night!

Overall though, I really wish the Evo took another chance as he blew his first time by shifting bad so I really can't say this was a true measure of the Evo but I will say this...He came out hard and I had NO problems reeling him in and then passing him!

So that's it. I had some other kills with a camero but I didn't count that and this one I'd say was worth talking about.

Nick

PS I knew the Evo was fast but didn't know they basically have the same times as we do (after I looked it up when I got home). Definitely more of a challenge bringing him in after the start but they're quick cars!

Nick

Last edited by Nickerz; 10-13-2004 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Fun story!!!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Nice run. I ran an EVO on the freeway a couple of months ago with my pullied/ECU/and various other little mods C32 and did not have any trouble pulling him. They are really stoplight-to-stoplight cars. Watch out for the modded ones, however. I have seen them run low 12s at the strip, and the owners have told me that this is without really pushing the mod envelope.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by Vomit
Nice run. I ran an EVO on the freeway a couple of months ago with my pullied/ECU/and various other little mods C32 and did not have any trouble pulling him. They are really stoplight-to-stoplight cars. Watch out for the modded ones, however. I have seen them run low 12s at the strip, and the owners have told me that this is without really pushing the mod envelope.
Yep... .....and watch out on the SRT4 too.... .....
Old 10-13-2004, 02:13 PM

Mercedes E320 , Lexus IS350
Nice kill!
Lexus doesn't make ES400 though
Either ES300, ES330, GS300, GS400, GS430
I assume it was a GS4 since you said it was fast.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Good kill...eyah gotta watch out for those lil rockets...put a lil bit of money into them and watch them take off...
Old 10-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Good kill...eyah gotta watch out for those lil rockets...put a lil bit of money into them and watch them take off...
Yep and the drivers in those cars are always wanting to race. I swear every STI wants to race me in my M3 or the E55. I wonder how fast the new Evo MR is??
Old 10-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by Vic55
Yep and the drivers in those cars are always wanting to race. I swear every STI wants to race me in my M3 or the E55. I wonder how fast the new Evo MR is??
From what I hear they are quite the quickness. Well for me I always have M3's and stuff pullin next to me. They have everything to gain by "winning" a E55 and I could care less. That is why I have decided not to even waste my gas on them. Except for the very few times where they get on my nerve and I show them what an AMG can do
Old 10-22-2004, 11:03 AM

Evo on the highway are ok

Off stop lights is where they are kind of fun to race. I have seen one go 11's on a stock turbo. The Evo MR on that Brittish show(Top Gear) where they test cars pulled times simular to the GT3 and 360 on the road course. Of course the MR in the US has power windows, doors, AC vs the one in the UK doesnt. Its an all out race car.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
great story!! what street were you on??
Old 10-31-2004, 01:30 PM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by akbro93704
great story!! what street were you on??

It was Herndon & Milburn heading east on Herndon.

Nick
Old 11-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Almost a Member!

'04 WRX STi / '01 S2000

I would think any STi driver should know that there is no point in racing an E55 unless the STi is nicely modded. M3's are another story though, that is a fun race. It's funny though my wife had the exact opposite thing happen with a E55.

A couple months ago my wife was driving the STi and she came to a stop light with a black E55 and she knows what it is capable of through me raving about it. But, he was revving and initiating a race with her. She took off normal and he just flew by her, she said it sounded awesome but it was pretty pointless because she wasn't interested in racing.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Almost a Member!

C32R+ Sl55 splitter+ pulley AMG w/integrated PassportSR7
Nice job!
Old 10-21-2005, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
my friend has an evo
he had the vishnu stage 3+ (new turbo and everything) i think
the ****ing thing was a monster ( alot of turbo lag though)
we raced ( i was passenger) a kawasaki zx12 or whatever the letters are
stayed dead even up to about 90-100
that car was so fast that when he floored it u couldnt get ur head of the head rest, it waspushing a little more than 550hp @ crank... weighs like 3200 lb i think
100 mph came up in the high 7's low 8's
he ended up selling the turbo and putting the stock one back on for better drivability ( its still moded and very very fast)
Old 10-21-2005, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i raced an mr for alittle bit ( the straight was short) and i pulled maybe an inch or two from 30-80
i was behind him on a 2 way, 2 lane road
the turns came up and he couldnt shake me
ill copy my story from a different thread and post it
Old 10-21-2005, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
raced an evo on mullholland...drag racing is for pussies..eventhough i do it all the time 2

i can honestly say that after 6 years of ripping mulholland apart, i have never driven that fast on that part of the road (from coldwater eastward)...except maybe in my 99 m3 (h&R race springs and yoko a032r)
we hit like 95 -100
the guy started in front of me (2 way, 2 lane road) there was no way to pass..not that i couldve
this dude was drifting his evo through s turns, i could see how hard the car was working, the suspension squirming and everything..beautiful stuff and i was still glued to his rear bumper (in a 37** lb car and tires worn past their wear markers)
he couldnt shake me..not an inch
we came up on some traffic and he pulled over, i pulled along side of him
he looked disapointed and very surprised/confused he said "nice driving" i said the same thing to him and turned around to go back to coldwater

as i pulled up to the light i heard some1 rev their engine behind me... a 6.0 gto drove by and into the right turning lane... i followed
we got to mullholand west (past coldwater the other way) and he gunned it on the long straight.. i stayed with him the whole time until the turns came.. i was all over him
after a couple of corners i could tell that he's not on the same level as i'm and i started playing w/ him
i let him pull and then catch him again, over and over

by the way my esp was off the whole time.. i only turn it on in the rain only on the freeway