Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

SL55 Vs older Yamaha R6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 02:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2007 Mercedes SL55 AMG
SL55 Vs older Yamaha R6

Hello,

Now first off I used to ride bikes so, I don't think the rider was let's just say... capable, either way.. after C&C me and my friends all left in our 55's and went our separate ways, I'm just cruising back on a scary quiet toll road and I saw this bike flying up behind me. Now, the last bike I owned was a 2000 Hayabusa, so I know my bikes and wouldn't bother with anything over 600cc unless I'm making a lot more power. So the biker is your typical Floridian biker wearing a helmet, T-shirt and shorts, BUT... he did have boots... Right, I'm doing around 80mph and I'd say he was doing 110... all of a sudden he starts to slow down a bit, checks out the car and notices AMG on the back, so he probably knows it's a fast car and wants to "smoke it" So I kept looking to see what bike it was and by the headlights I noticed it was an older R6, and then saw the sticker... they are around about 110 bhp... Great, I have a chance I think.. So, I gradually build speed up to about 90mph seeing if he was down, he was... He did the 3 honks and we gunned it, he maybe had a 1-2 bike length lead on me to about 110 and then I started reeling him in, 120 happens and he's by the door and falling back... I shut down at 130 just to put a car length on him and then slowed down. He gave me the thumbs up and did a bow, I gave thumbs up back too, smiled and then took my exit. Now, I would say that a well maintained and well ridden R6 will most likely pull quite hard on the SL55 until the bikes top speed... Although higher speeds would favour the SL... Maybe I'm just not giving enough credit to the 55, but that was a fun encounter and I wish all of these encounters would end in mutual appreciation.