Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

McLaren 570S v Audi R8 V10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2024 | 02:13 PM

2003 SL55 AMG, 1989 348 Challenge, 1987 Testarossa, 1992 F40, 1989 Mondial t cab, 2001 X5 4.4 Sport
McLaren 570S v Audi R8 V10

The challengers have been few and far between for quite a while. However, on the way to meet some friends for dinner I spy a bright yellow Audi R8 in my rear view. He's weaving through traffic at a brisk pace, so I move over from the left lane to let him go on his way. But he doesn't! He plants himself in my blind spot and then gradually creeps up to my door. I pay him no mind. After a few minutes of sitting there, I hear him downshift a few gears and nail it. At first I was going to let him go, but my inner child took over and off I go. He was quick, but I still found myself short shifting so as not to rear end him. I pulled out of his slip stream for the kill when I glance down at the speedo and it was closer to the double ton than the ton! He must have done the same thing as we both brought it down to non prison pace. Even though I was about to make the pass when sanity took over, there was no clear winner until now. We are approaching a long, sweeping right hander. This should separate the men from the boys. He's about 5 car lengths back when I start accelerating for the corner as does he. I feel the lateral 'g' building and I'm way into triple digits through the apex. I check the mirror as the road straightens out and he's nowhere to be seen. Eventually, he makes it through the corner.... some 1/8 of a mile back. Game over. Splash 1 Audi R8 V10+.