M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2003 ML500 - MCS question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL540
Question 2003 ML500 - MCS question...

Having a problem with our 2003 ML500... The MCS was replaced recently and it's going back to the shop next week (voice part of navigation isn't working).

But what's weird is the "soft" buttons on the display have changed from the original.

Example - listing to FM, the bottom soft buttons are usually, LIST, AM (maybe WB - can't remember).

Now it's LIST, AM. Would prefer it also had WB, but no problem...

I check AM for traffic reports here in MA/NH... Hit AM, listen to traffic and notice the soft buttons now say LIST, WB -- there is no longer a FM button!

To get back to FM, I need to click WB, then wait for that soft button to appear for FM -- dumb.

Dealer thinks that's the way the new radios work.

Anyone know if this can be programmed (and the sequence I need)?

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That does sound goofy. I don't know how you could program it yourself, but the dealer might be able to fix that. Mine work the way you think they should work, but mine is an '02.

I "broke" my voice thing; you might want to try this fix: Press the "navi voice" button and let go of it. Immediately turn up the normal radio volume control. I think I "broke" it when I reached over to turn the radio down while I was navigating somewhere. As I reached over, the navi-woman started talking and I accidentally turned her down by mistake instead of the radio. And I just thought she was mad and wasn't speaking to me.

Good luck with the soft buttons.