M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Any ML350 oil burners out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any ML350 oil burners out there?

My slk 350 has burned 4.5 quarts in 2100 miles. I know other SLK are seeing this. Curious if they have it fixed or is any ML350 seeing excessive oil consumption?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:52 AM

the 05 SLK has a different motor than the 05 ML350...The ML has the 112 motor the SLK has the 271 motor...the 164 (06 ML350) has the same motor as the SLK. MBZ Does not know what is causing the oil consumption. I just got back from MBZ training on the new 164 and the motor was a big topic...Right now MBZ is telling us to replace the motor
Old 05-26-2005, 06:41 AM

Looks like I need to contact an by lawyer, I smell a class action suite here.
Would you want a 60K car with a replaced motor!!!!! I sure don't. That would be a huge hit on resale. I would never buy a car with a NOM engine. Let alone
let some locals do an engine swap. How many problems will that lead to down the road!!! Rattles etc. Now i am not a happy camper. Tranny already left me stranded on the sid eof the raod at 800 miles now the engine is no good. Who says the replacement is going to be any better?????
Old 05-26-2005, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by redvettx2
Looks like I need to contact an by lawyer, I smell a class action suite here.
Would you want a 60K car with a replaced motor!!!!! I sure don't. That would be a huge hit on resale. I would never buy a car with a NOM engine. Let alone
let some locals do an engine swap. How many problems will that lead to down the road!!! Rattles etc. Now i am not a happy camper. Tranny already left me stranded on the sid eof the raod at 800 miles now the engine is no good. Who says the replacement is going to be any better?????
Cantact a lawyer?? for what? damn you sue happy assfat. It isnt a replacement motor. It is a brand new OEM motor. what difference does it make that the dealer installed it. If your concerned with promblems down the road dont be there isnt must to replaceing those engines...takes about half a day. As far as resale..why would it make a difference? This is a brand new design engine, of course there will be promblems with it GET OVER IT!!! By the way please dont go walking by my house or anything. I would hate to see you trip.....I dont want to be sued!!!

Last edited by ML God; 05-26-2005 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
I agree with ML God - you are a fool to think that anyone would ever buy back your car over having the engine replaced! Come on.

It's people like you that make America the mess it is - everything is everyone else's problem and you'll sue if you get half a chance.

Maybe while you're at it, you could drop a finger in your chili and sue over that!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:02 PM

SL500 E320 ML350
BTW if I were looking to buy an ML one or two years from now and I came across one with a replacement motor (OEM installed by the dealer) I would view it as a +. Or you could always call your victim's advocate!!
Old 05-27-2005, 05:14 PM

'03 E39 530I
my engine chugs about a quart between oil change, ~5k miles. i can live with that.

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2005, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
The 98 ML320 I had, my current 02 ML500, My 01E320 and my 05 E320 never have had a drop of oil added to the engine between changes in accordance with the service indicator. Maybe you have a very heavy foot or did during break in.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:23 PM

We can all see ML God works for a dealer and has the same ahole attitude as the dealers. We got our money and you are left with the bag of **** so just deal with it. I have have the names an address of 5 other MB 350SLK members that had there cars replaced! Why should I settle for less. If you knew anything about resale value moron go onto carfax or any other place to get car values and tell me what the deduction is at trade-in for a vehicle with a replaced engine. Then open your mouth. How about having an air bag deployment. Cars is fixed just like new but my MB dealer deducted $3000 because thats what the book says. Does not matter it was fixed perfect by the Infiniti Dealer deduct is $3000 at trade-in. Check the value of any classic car with the orginal engine or a NOM (non orininal motor) and check the value big mouth and get back to me. NOM is worth half the money if not 1/3 third. Why is this big mouth? Because they are less desirable. Does it mean the don't run well. Not at all. Just worth less. But according to you big mouth thats my problem and i should eat it and like it. Try again. I can not even get MB to talk to me regarding the issue, thats what really pisses me off. Lets go over the issues big mouth and see what the rest of the members think.

1. 800 miles tranny dies in the middle of an intersection highway off ramp in
rush hour traffic. Wife is stranded in a dangerous situation. Best part the
car left the dealer 2 minutes before.

2. Tranny valve buddy assembly rebuilt-case closed s happens

3 1100 mile engine oil light comes on requiring me top off with one quart for
my wife. Dealer never lifted the hood while it was in for the first problem
(seat related) and the 3 days for the tranny rebuilt.

4. 1800 miles light comes on again on way to dealer for under 3000 mile
inspection.

5 Dealer adds 3.5 quarts and states we are now doing an official MB oil
consumption test. Great we are getting somewhere. I request to talk with
local MB rep or someone from MB regarding the procedures and this issue.
Dealer is talking engine replacement. Says rep never call customers!

6 I get home from traveling that night and check the oil. I know 3.5 quarts is
too much. Oil level is on the cable clearly overfilled. Worse then being under
filled isn't that right ML GOD who knows all.

7 Contact MB on 800 number and dealer. MB states the dealer can not do an
oil consumption test with out draining the oil, measuring the replacement
fluid and refilling. I agree its the only way to know what is happening.
Dealer calls back and will send there Roadside car to my house in the
morning to check it out. Perfect its the holiday weekend and I want to
splash the boat. MB calls back and want me to take it to a closer dealer 30
min. vs an hour for a drain and refill. I state I want to stay with my selling
dealer and not get someone new in the loop. MB says the call my dealer
and go over the proper procedure for the consumption test. Sounds good.
Again I request to be contacted by the local rep or MB regarding this issue.

8 Roadside comes to my house and sucks an undermined amout of oil out of
engine. Warms it up. Lets it sit for 5 minutes not the 20 minutes stated in
the manual. Measures it with stock dip stick and one he brought from the
shop. Notes the level on the paper work. I ask about training the oil and
refilling it as stated by MB over the phone. I am told you can do the test
either way. He leave but writes nothing down about the 1 plus quarts of
oil he just sucked out of my motor! Would not know exactly how much
until he got back to the shop and emptied the bottle. No update provided
from the dealer. I am suppose to drive for 800 to 1000 miles or the light
comes on and bring it back.

9 An hour later I check the oil and its above the full mark but not enough to
worry about. Atleast its not up on the cable.

10 400 miles later oils is getting down to where the light will come on. I call
dealer to scedule for this Weds. Now i am told they want to drain the oil
and start the test all over again. I guess was right and they were wrong
but it just drags it out longer. I call MB and get the same guy I talked to
the first time. He is surprised I was never contacted by the dealer after
the roadside visit as required by MB. They are like big mouths dealer, they
go by there own rules. He is also not happy that no were on the paper
work does it mention they sucked excess oil out of the motor. He is trying
get the zone rep or MB to contact me now. Dealer never bothered to call
to restart the test just stick there head in the sand. How we doing now big
mouth. You with me?

I just want a straight answer and plan of how we get this car fixed, replaced
etc. No one want to discuss that. I purchased a 55K plus car that was suppose to be built in Germany. I worked for a Germany Co. that provides
paint quality testing for every auto manufacture world wide. I know how they use top produce cars and do extensive testing before going to market. Now MB is more worried about increasing volume which obviously effects quality. I do not have a good feeling about having guys who can't even fill the oil level correctly, check the oil according to the manual or perform a simple oil consumption test do a total engine swap. I know you do ML GOD because your an idiot. Sure I want to be there training car to practice on. Are you nuts. When they did my tranny, mine was the first one they got to use their new tranny machine on. Like kids at X-Mas. Look what we got.
They can stuff one in there in a half a day. That makes me feel better. Then we will see what happens. How many more trips to the dealer to fix all the bugs that you know will pop up. Oh ya that my problem get over it right ML GOD. While I driving the fine riding Jeep Libery from Enterprise again. All I am asking is MB to do the right thing and step up. Atleast call me with a plan.
And you are correct ML GOD if that does not happen it will become very ugly.
I will do everything in my power to bring this to light and get it in front of the media etc. I have the connections to make that happen. If that and a class action suite are required to get MB's attention so be it. It sure is not going to help other MB owners with the resale values after it all ends. Its more the
principle with me now. In my business when a problem occurs we step up and take care of it. Not delay, refuse to talk about it, etc. All that does is make the customer more unhappy. And hope if it does come to a suite it hits you right in the pocket book ML GOD. Because thats all people like you understand. If it's on somebody elses nickle its all ok. Just deal with it right.
I wish you were my dealer. I would stick this car so far up your arogant **** you would forget what a a-hole you actually are. I know you worked on a used car lot somewhere ML GOD. Your sure stink of it
Old 06-13-2005, 01:01 AM

So this is what you have stooped to??? Name calling? Damn dude. I guess it is my fault that your dealer overfilled your car? We do have apprentices working with us. Maybe one of them overfilled. Ohh wait I forgot we are all supposed to be perfect and never make mistakes. You make me laugh. How much time did you waste typing this? I hope it made you feel better about your promblem. I guess you needed someone to blame while your car is taking a crap on you. I honestly couldnt be happier. It couldnt have happened to a better guy. You talk a good game, Mr. Big Man hiding behind a computer screen. I bet money you wouldnt have the ***** to say have these things to me in person...Typical computer internet geek. I have helped a lot of people on this web site. I honestly hope you dont have anymore question that you post on this site. Because I will try my best to trash them and you....Enjoy your car..HAHAHA

Last edited by ML God; 06-13-2005 at 01:04 AM.