M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Weird ML-320 Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 11:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Weird ML-320 Problem

OK, I've got a really weird situation, and I don't know if its a combination of problems or 1 problem.
I have a 2000 ML-320:
It all started with the rear brake light going out. I took it to the dealer, and they replaced the bulb. OK, they said it didn't work and so I was asked to go back to the dealer. I was like, this is BS, so I took it to my good friend who is a car technician. he checked it and messed with the fuse box a little, and the light came up. Then I discovered that the lock didn't work for the trunk. I couldn't lock it anymore, with remote or anything, it just won't lock. So once again the fuss box in the hood was moved around and we disconnected the battery and the trunk worked. Ah ha, so I was happy, the light and the trunk door working. Then when I got home, I wanted to put the windows down......WELL, none of the windows would come down, I was literally screaming................I know its not the center console problem because I got it replaced like 3 months ago, and it doesn't work now. Now the trunk doesn't work either and I haven't check the brake light yet.......

I called up mercedes road side, they said, they can't do anything....and I don't know what to do...

So I"m asking you guys if there are any of problems that you guys might have exprienced:

1) Trunk door malfuctioning, it won't lock, and the doors tries to lock it twice, and it gives up.

2) After battery disconnection, all the windows are not working and also the rear view mirror control won't work, although the locking button works, and the defrost works....weird.......its not fuse, it couldn't be # 29, 30, 31 fuse be gone at the same time....

3) Center rear Brake light not working.....like there is no power going through it.......

Last edited by jtse; 06-30-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jtse
Thanks a lot guys, my ML is just sitting there and dealers here in the BAY AREA are VAMPIRES, they just suck the hard working blood I made and make me pay ridiculous prices..................so please don't tell me to go the dealer.....
Since I am a tech here in the Bay Area I feel like you have insulted me. Yes I know what is wrong but I refuse to comment Sorry I dont mean to be a jerk but I dont like to be insulted. have your technnician friend fix it
Old 06-30-2005, 12:12 AM

Unhappy

well, I would like to ask which dealer do u work at? cause, the one where I service at is ridiculously pricey..........I was trying to be general and thats why I said Bay area......didn't really meant to insult the entire bay area........and of course I didn't mean that technician's are vampires...its just the dealers are many a times asking a really high price and I can tell from what my service advisor told me the other day when I went in for A service. The price for A service doubled......and I find that unfair..........but since you are ML .:GOD:., please be merciful and tell me what you think the problem might be........ Really didn't mean to be offense, I wasn't thinking....my bad........sorry..........
Old 06-30-2005, 11:01 AM

I would rather not say what dealer I am at. Only that I am here in the Bay Area. Yes we are pricy BUT You get what you pay for. You have factory trained techs that know almost everything about your vehicle. Yes we do run into the not so common promblem with vehicles but in the 10yrs I have been a dealer tech there has never been a car that we havent been able to fix. We go through 4 weeks of training a year (every tech) We have access to info that most repair shops dont have a clue about. We are concidered the last resort. I cant tell you how many cars we get hacked up by other shops using CRAP aftermarket parts and still dont fix the promblem. Everything in the Bay Area is expensive. So please take that into concideration (sp?) next time you get a quote from a dealer. Kinda off the subject. by I just remodled my house. I was floored by the prices some of these contractors wanted. So I know where your comming from, but like I said this is the BAY AREA!

As far as your promblem. Lets see whats in common with all you promblems. The AAM controls all those functions, and it just so happens to be in the fuse box, attached to the fuse panel. if you were messing around in there and then it started working check all the connections at the module. It may also be going out. It isnt a for sure fix since I cant diagnosis it over the internet. but that is my best guess.

What dealer is the car at now?

Last edited by ML God; 06-30-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:39 PM

what's an AAM control, is it a thing in the fuse box, if so , what color is it?

my car services at an east bay dealer..............do u work at the east bay?
Old 06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
"messing" with the electrical box is NOT a proper repair method. What kind of tech is your friend?? Oil changer at Jiffy Lube?? Take it to a dealer and have it fixed correctly and be polite to them!!
Old 06-30-2005, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by sosh
"messing" with the electrical box is NOT a proper repair method. What kind of tech is your friend?? Oil changer at Jiffy Lube?? Take it to a dealer and have it fixed correctly and be polite to them!!