M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Fender Flares

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fender Flares

Does anybody know where i can get fender flares besides the MBZ dealership?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:59 PM

2000 ML430, 2008 GL550, 2008 F250 Superduty, 2007 VW Jetta
i have some i may be selling to get another set. i have pre-02 ones and since i updated my bumpers to an 04 and wheels, i'd like to get some wider ones.

i'd sell them for $450 plus shipping. these are black...
Old 11-03-2005, 10:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
www.wingswest.com carries two types. Performance Products carried these same sets for awhile, but I did not see them online just now when I looked. I purchased the 8pc Wings West flares on a blow out sale from Performance Products, after inspecting them I found a couple of interesting details. Molded into them on the back side was the Manik name/logo. They had also been setting on a shelf for a VERY long time, the box had an inch of dust on it and the double stick tape was in poor shape due to age. There were also a couple of imperfections that were dimples where two pieces had laid against one another in the box during their long storage.

Overall, after the $400 + $50 S/H (originally $600+) price for them, the body shop estimate to fix the dimples and paint them at another $450 then the fact they would be secured by great big hairy screws self tapped into the wheel arch lips (future rust just waiting to happen, especially in the Ohio salt belt), I thought them to be a poor idea. I sold them on Ebay, got my money back and ended up just about even.

I talked to my buddy in the parts dept at my local dealer and he indicated factory flares come with special clips rather than drilling holes. They would also come factory painted in black, silver (my color) and I think gray was also available. He offered to sell them to me 1 tier below retail which made them just under $780ish. Cheaper than aftermarket, better than aftermarket, pre-painted and ready to install out of the box with no drill/no rust clips.

After all of this, I spent my money on a set of 2005 Special Edition ML500 take off wheels and never did do any fender flares.

My recommendation would be to make nice with your local dealer's parts counter rep and see what you can get. The parts counter guys are usually under appreciated and you would be suprised how far some genuine nice conversation and civility will go.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2g430
i have some i may be selling to get another set. i have pre-02 ones and since i updated my bumpers to an 04 and wheels, i'd like to get some wider ones.

i'd sell them for $450 plus shipping. these are black...
They sell wider ones? Where can i get some?