M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2000 - ML320 Radio won't work after security shutdown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 - ML320 Radio won't work after security shutdown

I was wondering if anyone else has had this type of problem. My youngest inadvertantly locked both sets of keys into the car last night. AAA said they couldn't open the doors because of the security in the vehicle. We were able to open the doors the old fashioned way with a coat hanger, it set off the security and disabled all of the electronics. It was going into the dealership today anyway, so we had them reset the system. Now the Radio won't even power up, and they have no answers. If the radio is shot I don't particullarly want to put a factory MB one back in if the security system can cause this type of a problem and would opt for a good aftermarket unit. It's not a primary driver anymore and my youngest is using it for school and such... Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks...
Old 11-02-2005, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Why didn't you just call teleid and have them open the doors for you??
Old 11-02-2005, 06:59 PM

Unfortunately this vehicle does not have tele-aid
Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
My .02 cents...

I wouldn't have even dreamt of trying anything old fashioned like a coat hanger to unlock the truck in the first place..

You own a german car - you know the electronics and security systems on these are extremely high tech.

I took my Nissan Maxima, the other day, to a local auto electronic shop to install an after market keyless with some specific features I wanted, that the factory keyless didn't have. The shop tempted me in to considering installing something similar on my second car - the ML, and they were very confident that they could do it on the ML too...but I just stayed away from even letting them touch any of the ML electronics.

Anyways, in your case, I would have called MB Roadside (that comes lifetime with every MB, I know that since, I too own a non Tele-Aid ML) and asked them. They would definitely have a solution to this...
Old 11-03-2005, 12:43 AM

Thank you for the reply, actually in hindsight calling roadside assistance would have been the smartest move.

However, my inquiry is in regards to anyone having the same or simular situation and quite honestly not comments that do not help with the situation.

To be frank, whether it's a german car or an american vehicle, opening the door via the door lock should not cause this kind of result. This is the same thing as inadvertantly locking the door when someone is inside and setting the alarm off when the door is opened, either way it should not be a condition that causes any permanent consequences...