M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Busted ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Busted ML350

Has anyone incountered a mildew smell coming from their AC vents? Also found writing on my sunroof that you can only see when you blow hot air on it and it reads "DAMAGED FRAME" with an arrow pointing towards the corner of the sunroof?? I have taken it in to the shop 2 times for the odor and they say it's common but yet have done nothing to fix it. They also can not find paper work stating that the suunroof had actually been repaired prior to my purchasing the vehicle. The dealership is giving me a hard time about replacing the ML. I have only had it a few months. Who wants to drive a mold infested car with a damaged sunroof? I've had other issues as well including a leak in my glove box and replacement of the upper light console because my lights and wipers would not function properly??? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
k
Old 12-14-2005, 08:19 PM

02 ML320, 06 E350
Originally Posted by ML350Texas
Has anyone incountered a mildew smell coming from their AC vents? Also found writing on my sunroof that you can only see when you blow hot air on it and it reads "DAMAGED FRAME" with an arrow pointing towards the corner of the sunroof?? I have taken it in to the shop 2 times for the odor and they say it's common but yet have done nothing to fix it. They also can not find paper work stating that the suunroof had actually been repaired prior to my purchasing the vehicle. The dealership is giving me a hard time about replacing the ML. I have only had it a few months. Who wants to drive a mold infested car with a damaged sunroof? I've had other issues as well including a leak in my glove box and replacement of the upper light console because my lights and wipers would not function properly??? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
k
Yes the smell is common....

About the dealership my parents had a friend that bought a new car from one, a few weeks later he got his car detailed and the detailer called him asking him when he got his car and did he know that the top had been repaired and repainted. He was pissed and called the dealership the dealership had no paper work and said they didnt need any, and since they where an authorized mercedes benz collision center they could fix brand new unsold cars and they didnt have to disclose this when the car was sold. Long story short he got a lawyer and threatened to sue them and they replaced his car.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:21 PM

02 ML320, 06 E350
My advice is to go to another dealer and ask them to see if the cars frame had been repaired if they say yes and can prove this. Call the dealer where you bought it and tell them you want them to buy back the car, or you are going to hire a lawyer.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
I have never heard of a common mildew smell? WTH is that? I would check you cabin filter???
Old 12-15-2005, 07:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1999 ML430
that's the first I've ever heard of a mildew smell also. First thing I would look at/replace is the cabin filter in the passenger footwell.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 AM

02 ML320, 06 E350
It happens when the water doesnt evaporate off the cooling system mold grows on it. it happens in every car. the way to prevent this is 5mins before you turn your car off shut your AC off allowing the condensation to go away. This is very common in hot places like Arizona where we use our AC all year round. while most of you use a combo of AC then heater we dont use the heater to kill the mold. Another cause is mold grows big and clogs the condensation pipe. The only fixes for the smell is to make sure your condensation pipe is clean and to spray some disinfectant on your cabin air intake.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:34 AM

02 ML320, 06 E350
As i can tell both of you live back east. its a very common problem with us in the southwest.