M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Vacuum line

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Vacuum line

I have a 1998 MB SUV. Rats or squirrels ate some wiring and vacuum lines. I have repaired the wiring but I don't know where a vacuum line goes. It is hard black plastic, approx 1/4 in od with a 90 degree bend (about an inch radius) starting 1 inch from the end. It appears that it went into something rather than over something. Any ideas?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by silveroldie
I have a 1998 MB SUV. Rats or squirrels ate some wiring and vacuum lines. I have repaired the wiring but I don't know where a vacuum line goes. It is hard black plastic, approx 1/4 in od with a 90 degree bend (about an inch radius) starting 1 inch from the end. It appears that it went into something rather than over something. Any ideas?
Where is the line? It would be easier to answer your question if you could supply pictures of the eng compartment and the general area of the hose.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by mercedestech1
Where is the line? It would be easier to answer your question if you could supply pictures of the eng compartment and the general area of the hose.
The line is in my grubby little hands cause I don't have a clue where it came from. It is similar (same size) to the hose which plugs into a fitting on the rear of the intake manifold but the critter chewed several places. The engine starts fine, runs for a few seconds then starts to choke out and finally dies.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:55 PM

vacuum lines

The Benz dealership service shop didn't know where it went either even after I told them I would like to get it running just enough to drive to their shop. I figured a little bribary wouldn't hurt. They had some ideas where to look but no cigar. It didn't go in any of those places.