M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

3 Visits Later to the Dealer, the volume still fluctuates!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 ML500
3 Visits Later to the Dealer, the volume still fluctuates!

Hey guys, here's the story. I got a 2004 ML500 nearly a month ago. From day 1, I reported that the Bose sound system was acting odd.

The volume, whether playing a CD on the changer or the radio, would increase when I sped up, and decrease when I slowed down. I am aware this class of vehicle has "speed-sensitive volume". However, in my case it's actually drastically changing the volume.

I speed up, and it gets so loud I have to turn it down. Then I come to a stop, and it goes down to mute. I reported the problem once to the dealer. They "adjusted it" apparently, but it was still the same.

OK, next week I came to the dealer a second time for this issue. They then told me they had "disabled the feature". Now when listening to the radio, everything was fine, but when listening to a CD, it still fluctuated crazy.

This week the dealer kept my car for 2.5 days. They said they "reprogrammed" the radio head unit, and that they installed a new Bose amp. This was also a failure. Now the volume fluctuates again, both on CD and radio. Furthermore, my auto-dimming mirrors no longer dim.

What am I to do with this? I've been at the dealer 3 times. On the third time, I even drove with the shop foreman, who fully heard the problem and agreed. Any ideas?

Please help me - I really don't know what to do...

Yazovets!
Old 02-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 ML500
Anyone?